Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » SHOOTOUT IN A SIGN SHOP IN MINNEAPOLIS (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SHOOTOUT IN A SIGN SHOP IN MINNEAPOLIS
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A disgruntled employee, who had, recently, been fired.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/19659885/minneapolis-office-shooting-chestnut-ave

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam Eddy
Resident

Member # 1858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam Eddy   Email Pam Eddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad story.

--------------------
Pam Eddy
Niles, MI
ple@qtm.net

Posts: 460 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
saw that on the news this morning. sad.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
said he could "legally" carry.......searched his south Minneapolis home, where they found another gun and packaging for 10,000 rounds of ammunition.
parent said he had a history of mental illness......
no red flags here????????

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nikki Goral
Resident

Member # 7844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nikki Goral   Author's Homepage   Email Nikki Goral       Edit/Delete Post 
Legally carry or not, no one needs 10,000 rounds of ammunition. That is the disturbing part.

--------------------
Nikki Goral
Image Advantage Signs
4050 Champeau Road
New Franken, WI 54229
920-465-4500
"Finish every day and be done with it. Tomorrow is a new day."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 928 | From: New Franken, WI (East Green Bay) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nikki ... Hate to tell you this ... but I burn up twice as much as that every year!

I have been shooting competition ever since I was on a high school team.

[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We need to get used to gun nuts going on murder sprees. With out gun control, this will be a regular occurrence. Thank you NRA.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
People kill people. If they don't have guns, they'll find a way. A murderer will bash you over the head with a rock if that's all he has available.
Blaming the NRA is stupid.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
However...if a guy walks into a McDonalds with a bag of rocks...and with the intent to kill as many people as he can with them...how many people can he kill.

[ October 16, 2012, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever.

Just don't blame the NRA. Blame the founders. It's in the Constitution.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

[ October 16, 2012, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Don Coplen ]

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

BTW, Si is amazing with that shotgun! I've seen him in action and he doesn't miss those clay pigeons very often. As I recall, he might have missed one or two in an entire afternoon!

--------------------

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets remember Germany was the first country to Initiate total gun control.

Any questions?

didnt think so.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just think of how this story ends if just one person was carrying a conceal pistol at work - the UPS driver would be the best candidate, as he is at risk of robbery in his travels. Would have been a different outcome.

Pickett may think people who own guns are nuts... but I say people who want other people to be sitting targets for a kook, druggie, or gang-banger are the crazy ones.

I was printing t-shirts late at night recently in my buddie's shop where I have my equipment.... small rural town.... heard a door slam in another room, which shouldn't have occurred because everyone was gone but me. I got spooked, called 911 and explained a door had slammed open against an interior wall in the office section of his building... I spied it through the shop door's window.... took the cops literally 25 minutes to get there. They searched the place, and found nothing - so it is a head-scratcher.... but in any event. IF there WAS an assailant breaking in and he came into the shop - I'd be dead (didn't have my CC on me).

Ideology like Pickett's would create more suffering than what we have our 2nd Amendment Freedoms. In fact, if you look at the stats, it proves it out. States with the most restrictive gun laws have the most violent crime.

If more decent law-abiding citizens carried guns, the loon that pulled one out at a McDonald's would be the only victim.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the stand your ground law took effect here in Florida.

Gun & violent crimes have gone down

Been many cases where a robbery or a beating is taking place here in Florida & either the shop keeper or a good customer or whoever defends there self with positive results with use of gun.

When good people are not aloud to protect them self's only criminals will win & carry guns.

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason I carry a gun ... is that a Cop is too heavy!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rusty, if I wanted to kill a bunch of people in a McDonald's, I cd do it without a gun and at a cheaper price.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Dennis...just let them keep eating those burgers and fries...kill them slow but sure. [Wink]

--------------------

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

and....with their own money, too!

--------------------

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys...go back and read...I wasn't the one who brought up "rocks" in the first place...I only responded back to Don"s use of the "rock" to illustrate his point...I did not think it a valid argument.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

You know I just back from Walmart...got to say there were some pretty odd looking characters in the store...some looked really loony...to think that they all were "packing heat" for their protection would not make me feel safer...in fact it would make me feel less safe...but that's just me.

[ October 16, 2012, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Rusty ... check out:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/

... and look to see if our own Old Paint is in any of them!

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

Brushasaurus on Chat

Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thank my Lucky stars everyday I don't have to worry about that....People need some sort of regulations....just to keep things civil.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post 
This pretty much sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epZod2qyyN4&feature=related

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Neil, after some of these posts I was getting scared to go outside, the lack of concealed weapons was getting scary! [Smile]

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The mere mention of "gun control" sends the NRA supporters into a frenzy. I own several guns, but I don't carry them around with me and I see nothing wrong with tighter regulations to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and nutjobs. Constitution or not, some people should NOT have guns.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
67 years, i have been around. NO CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT.
amazing iam still alive huh????HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
didnt own a gun till 2007. and got that when i was having to wear a leg bag and catheter. the gun sits in the drawer in my bedroom.......
HAS NEVER BEEN FIRED..........
YOU....create your own fears.....and ways YOU THINK will keep them at bay.
like i said in my 1st post...
10,000 ROUNDS OF AMMO, parents said he had a history of mental illness....
and then he BOUGHT GUNS???? id say the laws on gun ownership are not tight enough.
as for all you who think you can protect yourself from YOUR GOVT, you live in a fantasy world. this is what YOUR TAX DOLLARS BOUGHT))))))
you, and your buds with ak-47, m-16 DONT STAND A SNOWBALLS CHANCE....against this:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/9609/

[ October 17, 2012, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So OP worships guns, but just in the hands of the most deadly people around, with a license to kill no less.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post 
Why I Carry A Gun !

This may interest you.
>
>
>
> My old grandpa said to me son,' there comes a time in every man's life
> when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's
> when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.
> I don't carry a gun to kill people.
> I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
>
> I don't carry a gun to scare people.
> I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
> I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
> I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the
> world.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
> I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
> I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
> myself for failing to be prepared.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
> I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and
> not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
> I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a
> cowboy.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
> I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves
> and the ones they love.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
> I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
> inadequate.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I love it.
> I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
> to me.
>
> Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
> Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
> crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
>
>
> Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
> take a whoopin
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
>
>
> In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953,
> about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
> up and exterminated.
> ------------------------------
>
> In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5
> million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
> exterminated.
>
> Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total
> of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves
> were rounded up and exterminated.
>
> China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
> political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
> exterminated
>
> Guatemala established gun control in 1964. >From 1964 to 1981, 100,000
> Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
> exterminated.
> ---- ------------- -------------
>
> Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
> Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
> exterminated.
>
> Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one
> million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
> and exterminated.
> -----------------------------
>
> Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century
> because of gun control: 56 million.
>
> It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by
> new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by
> their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than
> $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:
>
> List of 7 items:
>
> Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
>
> Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.
>
> Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
>
> In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300
> percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
> criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
>
> While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in
> armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in
> the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey
> is unarmed.
>
> There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of
> the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how
> public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense
> was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The
> Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
>
> You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
> disseminating this information.
>
> Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes,
> gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
>
> Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
>
> The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind
> them of this history lesson.
>
> With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
>
> During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they
> knew most Americans were ARMED!
>
> If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message
> to all of your friends.
>
>
> The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
> defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is
> more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
> supplemental.
>
>
> SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT
> TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN
> RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
>
>
> IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX
> DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
>
>
>
> I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!
>

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382
"A Good Business Sign, is A Sign of Good Business"(1957)

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

That's a great post and a whole lot of great info.

_just saying.. [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding post Len M.

Curious about the UK believe they have a no guns

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Seems like Sonny always makes a very good and reasonable remark when controversial issues such as this are brought up...at least I think so.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

David O'Hanlon
Visitor
Member # 2754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David O'Hanlon   Author's Homepage   Email David O'Hanlon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gun crime is out of hand in the UK. Handguns are banned and yet people are murdered nearly every day.

Here in Sydney there is a drive-by shooting nearly every day. Arrests are rare. A year or so ago a driver was killed when a stray bullet fired by a group having an arguement in a KFC struck him in the neck. They dropped the murder charge in preference to manslaughter and gave the guilty party a few year sentence.

Calls for mandatory sentences for firearm crimes are ignored however shrill calls for further gun control erupt with every incident.

W.R. Pickett blames the NRA. Why? Guns have been available in the US for century's and yet this spree-killing idea is only a recent thing. Blaming the NRA holds no water.

10 000 rnds of ammo is maybe a lot to the once a year hunter who uses a packet to sight in his rifle and a half a dozen shots while in the wood, but for a semi-serious competitive shooter it's not that much. And you should be able to get a discount for buying in bulk.

--------------------
Army Dave
Oz

Posts: 229 | From: Brisbane, Oz | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David O'Hanlon
Visitor
Member # 2754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David O'Hanlon   Author's Homepage   Email David O'Hanlon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I see nothing wrong with tighter regulations to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and nutjobs. Constitution or not, some people should NOT have guns.....
Is it legal in your state for criminals and the mentally ill to own or be in possession of guns?

If not, why is there a need for tighter controls?

--------------------
Army Dave
Oz

Posts: 229 | From: Brisbane, Oz | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Rusty, I believe that everybody who agrees with my point of view makes good and reasonable remarks when controversial such as this are brought up, too.

Funny how that works.

(Sonny does tend to be level-headed, though.)

[ October 17, 2012, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Don Coplen ]

--------------------

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post 
Arm More Grandpas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epZod2qyyN4&feature=related
2nd post in case you Missed it.
Love this video.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I carried a gun I probably would trip and shoot myself in the leg....I had known an older lady who was a seamstress in Ft. Lauderdale but she was in her early 80's then. I used to visit her as we would do a little crocheting and shooting the breeze. She lived in a house that was 3 miles from the beach and said she was there when she could see the beach from her house before the building and this lady was a real tough cookie. One night she called me and said she thought someone was at her screen door and she got up and pulled her gun and accidentally shot herself in the leg.
Another time, I was in bed in my next apartment and the neighbor shot through the wall but went the other direction through my other neighbor's closet wall and right through her favorite red dress. Wow, and that is the civilized part of Fort Lauderdale.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

the 2nd amendment was put in place in 1791.
NOW THE OTHER PART OF THIS....
the level of armament technology OF THAT TIME.
1791, rifle was a SINGLE SHOT, POWDER BALL AND CAP.
1st cartridge guns, came to be 1856.
AND in those days....EVERY BODY HUNTED animals for food. most people today, even those who have guns, HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW SKIN OUT AND FIELD DRESS A DEER.
BUT THEY GOT AN AK-47 or M-16))))))))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Don...notice I did conclude my post with..."
at least I think so."...to qualify my statement as a subjective one.

[ October 18, 2012, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a license to carry, but I have it to legally carry a gun & be protected while I hike & paint in the woods. My mom says she's more worried about me meeting bad people in the woods than bad animals.

I agree with Sonny too. Some nuts shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!