Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Noisy Neighbor return!! (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbor return!!
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A place in Nebraska that had a big ol' neon sign above it that said "FOOD"... LOL!

Seriously, there was a restaurant up in Maine that Bob Timmerman, Rick Hansen, and I went to after a Letterhead meet that was the crappiest food I can remember eating. Cold weak coffee, cold and runny eggs, limp bacon, soggy toast, and very greasy hash browns. It was pretty expensive, too. Hansen beefed about almost all the way back to New York. Timmerman took it in stride.

Have you ever been sued?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The opening night of an Italian seafood restaurant in Myrtle beach. Service was terrible. We got our food, tasted it then left to go eat somewhere else. We still paid, but never went back

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope...never been sued.

what's your guilty pleasure?

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romance novels.

Would you ever undergo plastic surgery, and if so, what would you "fix"?
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I accept the way God made me and the "improvements" I did to myself.

When was the last time you flipped someone the bird?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About an hour ago. Some people should not be allowed to drive anything more powerful than a tricycle.

Do you recycle your printer cartridges?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is the manager of a Cartridge World store... what do you think??!!

What color is your bathroom?

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately pink. But soon it will be see-thru when I take the sledge hammer to it. I've already decided it's getting gutted to the studs, maybe beyond as some of the walls may move.

Ever want to throw out a certain color cause it seems it's all you've used lately & you're sick of it?

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup...getting tired of dark green this year.

What was the first movie you ever saw at a drive-in?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Faig
Visitor
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Faig   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Faig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now I can't remember the early show. It came on just after dark and I'm sure my parents were less than patient with me for playing on the swings for too long. I did stay up long enough to peek over the front seat and watch some American Graffitti. That's the first one I can remember.

Where did you go on your first date?

--------------------
Mike
gatlinburg Sign Crafters

Posts: 1051 | From: Gatlinburg, TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

First date with Celeste was on the old "booze cruise" around Boston Harbor on June 21st, 1983. Thankfully, it was the first night of summer (solstice), so when she asks if I remember it, I still score brownie points. [Wink]

If you could only own ONE KIND of paint brush, what would it be?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Type or brand?

I like Langnickles.

Gray quills would be my favorite.

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still go for plain ol Vanilla.

If you have an area on a sign that is bothering you after you've made it, and you have time, do you fix it or just leave it because you have already gone over budget in Labour?

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

I fix most of the time. It usually the parts that involve doing graphics more than the lettering. Sometimes the budget gets overshot, but I know I'd rather have it go out right than wrong. My name's on it.

Do you play phone tag a lot with customers?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Nope.

The place I used to work for did drawings on spec for every job they bid. Do you?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not every job. Seems like the "sealed bid" stuff requires a diagram with the quote. When I have extra time, I have no issues with it. Many times, a good drawing insures a higher sale. I am careful to label all my drawings these days [Smile]

Q: Is your shop- busy? We are right now [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many times, a good drawing insures a higher sale. [Smile]

I agree. There have been times I have had to tone down some drawings because of time to fit them in and get them done

Q: Is your shop- busy? We are right now [Smile]

Answer.
Has been a very good year here, (one of the reasons for spending little time on Letterville).

Q:
You have just won a free all expense paid vacation anywhere!

Where would you go?

[ July 19, 2008, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Sam Staffan ]

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Alaska cruise and train trip across Canada. It's a combo thing with an air flight thrown in for good measure.

The King's or Micky D's?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither....rather have In N Out Burger!

When was the last time you fired a customer?

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

April 27, 2005.

Hot fudge or chocolate syrup?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get to make the 300th entry on this thread!

Hot Chocolate Fudge. Sweet Condensed Milk. Chocolate Topping. Dash of Vanilla Essence. Melted together ovver boiling water. Used to make it in the Ice Cream Parlour I worked in as a teenager. Yummy [Smile]

Favourite Chinese Dish? (Bruce?)

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Crabmeat rangoons.

Boxers or briefs?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Commando.

Sorry... couldn't resist. I don't discuss my undergarments with anyone but my wife.

My first shop was in Hollister, CA at 711 McCray Street... just behind DeRosa's Auto Body.

Where was yours?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An old house due for demolition in a little town in Auckland New Zealand. My brother and I were there for over a year before the bulldozers moved in. Rent was peanuts because the owner just wanted the place secured against vandals. Mind you, we left a lot of paint splashed around the floors and walls [Smile]

Can you remember your first paying sign job? Mine was an 8x4 Real Estate sign complete with floor plan and artist's impression of the new condo. Took forever to paint.

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I remember my first real paying job as being brought up to Laconia for bike week in 1958 by Johnny Pinstripe and his buddy Frankie Wheelchair, two bikers and me, it was awesome as I was only 14 and doing my things with a pro like Johnny. I met him at a diner hangout where my brother used to street race. I was only there for the weekend and made some serious money.

How do you actually relax after a days work?

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smoke a Fatty
and drink a Cold One
then listen to the wife about her day at work!
(45 minutes) of grief))

Have supper and I am back at it!
Every minute counts!

Q!
what is the one area of the sign business you like to learn as much as possible?

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People skills! We have so many GREAT customers, but the idiots that you get every so often can really test your metal! We had a tomato farmer call this morning and when I told him we had a $40 minimum on all work he told me he would go back to his magic marker and cardboard! [Roll Eyes]
All righty then!!

Tell me your best-est joke.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!