Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Noisy Neighbor return!! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbor return!!
Dan Kearfott
Visitor
Member # 3756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Kearfott   Email Dan Kearfott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandblasted signs are my favorite. Even though I don't do all that many I like the creativity that they give you. So many options & the fact that they last a long time.

What person has most inspired you? (in the sign business)

[ July 01, 2008, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Dan Kearfott ]

--------------------
Dan E. Kearfott
KEARFOTT GRAPHIX
312 W. 8th St.
Gibson City, IL 60936

Success comes in "Cans", Failure comes in "Cant's"

Posts: 121 | From: Gibson City, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Kearfott
Visitor
Member # 3756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Kearfott   Email Dan Kearfott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way Jane . . .
your topic is a little misleading. ;-)

--------------------
Dan E. Kearfott
KEARFOTT GRAPHIX
312 W. 8th St.
Gibson City, IL 60936

Success comes in "Cans", Failure comes in "Cant's"

Posts: 121 | From: Gibson City, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur Vanson.

Does your sign company have a slogan (on bizcards or wherever) and if so, what is it?

Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it looks good from my house.

when is the next meet you'll be attending?

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure yet, wanted to go to Mass Mayhem, but was unable to swing it.

Q:Will you participate in the trend toward 4 day work weeks to save fuel and energy?

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee...seeing as i work at home and it doesn't really matter on the saving fuel thing...ummm...i think i would love to participate in that!!!! anything for a long weekend!!

if you use your pet in your advertising ads...can you deduct all their food and vet bills??? it is kind of a gray area....lol.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be pushing it a bit there.... [Wink]

What's your favorite food for a cook out. I'd say a good, gooey brownie!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big Porterhous Steak charred rare!

What would you accompany it with?

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd probably have YOUR steak with MY brownie! [Big Grin]
What's the oldest joke you know. I remember this one:
Why was the little ink drop crying?
Becasue his father was in the pen and he didn't know how long the sentence would be.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another groaner, Jane...but I love em.

A: How do you keep a dog from barking in the back seat :? Put him in the front seat [Wink]

Q: Is your shop clean or cluttered?

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

alittle bit of both...well maybe more cluttered right now cause i have alot of signs ready to go out the door.

whatcha doing today?

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing two parade with the St Cloud Shrine Club's Go Kart team.

What was your first pet?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
German Shephard named Ginger, but I'm not sure if she counts as my first pet. I'm fairly certain I didn't ask for her as I think we had her before I could talk. She had pups shortly before the flood. Someone (would still love to find out who & thank them) went through town that night letting loose all the pets that were tied up as the water was rising. According to Army Corps our town wasn't suppose to flood, but we had left home as I was driving my mother crazy, freaking out over the storm. After the flood we found Ginger & 1 pup, Brownie. (I was 3, I wasn't real creative with names.) Ginger was given to a farmer we knew, Brownie died 17 years later.

Don't ask how many cats I went through on the farm, I lost count. Now I'm not particularly fond of cats anymore & I've become allergic too.

What's your favorite "firing a customer" story.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a customer that owned 14 tire stores, and did window splashes for him.

All was fine when they would pay me when I finished the windows. Then he decided that they would pay out of the main office ONLY! That kinda ticked me off...but when he bought a Ferrarri Testarosa, and had a cement pad put in front of the main waindows so that he could display it...and wanted real fancy window splash behind it.
The window splash had to have tire tracks across it to match the tire tread on the Ferrari.

Hen I went in to collect my money, he started bitching about the fact that I had charged more for that window.After I had my check in my hand, I said"Joe, I realize that I am an a*****e...but you put me to shame! As of now you can take all your windows and stuff them up your a**! You can call someone else from now on!"

The look on everyone's face in the office was worth it...to see them biting their lips so as not to laugh!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Stanley
Visitor
Member # 6786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Stanley   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 4 day work week is good, but a 30 hour 3 day work week is better. With all the automation we should be working less but now we need 2 pay checks per family. Wasup wit dat.

--------------------
Dana Stanley
Mass.
(508) 234-8193
http://stanleyphotographer.com

Posts: 805 | From: Whitinsville,Mass USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite fire customer story is not really a favorite event, but, it had to be done.
I lettered (in the snow with tarps) complicated logos on the customer's trucks, as he had four different trucks (3 sides each).

I told him I would finish the three but the fourth would have to wait until after the weekend as my husband and I and child were going to a Studebaker car show in another state and I didn't want to miss it.
See, I bent over backwards with the labor and doing a lot of it at home since I liked to work where my computer was and did a beautiful job. I was ahead of schedule, but he was very pushy and kept showing up. I told him to come to get his truck and take it home for the weekend and he showed up very late and then started talking disrespectfully to me about rushing the truck job not agreed upon. He thought he could get away with that and I had to raise my voice and told him to take his truck out of my garage and never come back again.
He was just so arrogant from the start with his antics that it was the only thing I could have done. I know he couldn't find someone to hand paint those complicated logos for a reasonable price and scanning wasn't available those days. So, to this day, I feel I learned to do some research on the customer's personality before you take the job.
What do you do when you get those unreasonable customers while in the middle of the job? Is there a P.I.A. clause in the contract?
I usually get good ones though.
Anyone like Studebakers?

[ July 05, 2008, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What do you do when you get those unreasonable customers while in the middle of the job?"

I'd been approached by an older guy to do a sign for his used merchandise shop (read that as indoor yard sale). He's been opening and closing the place over the last few months, not really committing to it either way.
I knocked out a quick layout for him, got the approval and he said he'd be back the following Saturday with cash in full for the job.
Didn't show until Monday, but explained that he DID drive by but chose not to stop because our mechanic was here going over some repairs to Gump's car. "We don't get along too well." was his reason.

Started the job up and was all set to finish it last Monday when he showed up, said he might be moving and waned to cancel the sign. He asked for a full refund. I told him I had some time and materials in it, I would have to figure out the difference and make a stop at the bank later since I had no cash on me at the time.
While I was at the bank around noon, he stopped by again looking for the money and asked Gump if we could drop off an old door next to the shop so he could use it as a table. ???

I threw the door in the truck, headed to his shop and he wasn't there. So.....

I dropped the door outside, went up to my mechanic's shop and gave him the old guy's refund. Seems the old guy owes him a lot of money and I asked him to apply it to the bill. (My mechanic thought that was a rather good idea and wrote up the slip.

The old guy came back one more time looking for money while I was out on an install and my wife told him the news. He called the next morning saying I had no right to do what I had done.
I bluntly told him that he has no right to order services with no intention to pay for them. I added that our business was through and that if he came to my shop again, I'd have him arrested for trespassing.

If you went to a parade on the 4th (yesterday), was it longer or shorter than last year's?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drove a Go Kart for my Shrine Go Kart unit. Was a very excellent time.

What is your favorite restaurant?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holdfast Community Cafe. It is owned by the members of the community. Every morning the farmers and other locals start meeting around 6:00 - 7:00 am - depending on the season. They all have keys, first guy in puts the coffee on. they leave their money on the table go off to work and so it sits till the staff comes in at 9:00 am. Local women run it and they have become known for their home made soup and pies. The wall has framed testimonials from out of sports teams and work crews as to the fantastic food and hospitality. If any one watches corner gas - we put them to shame. [Smile]

Do you dream of writing a book - what about?

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about dream... I've already done it:
"A Century of the Clydesdale Horse in Queensland"- about five years' research, 330 pages, published for the clydie society in 2001.
I'm working on a 'volume 2' of it to be out mid 2009.

The local show society started to do a book on 100 years of their show, and the person 'doing' it has pulled the pin and won't finish the job, so thay've asked me to please finish it (probably a voluntary request, but it'll all be good, anyway)- I said I would do it for them, and for him- later in the year.

I've also been asked to do another one for the regional council- they did a 75 years book 25 years ago, and want a 100 years book now- but I won't even consider that for 12 months, if I think of accepting the request (it'll be paid). Anyhow, I enjoy the research, layout & writing, just not the typing up!

I've done a couple of in-house private genealogical books, too: genalogy is a hobby. I spent 22 years writing newsletters for the clydie society, and if you put them all together, you get a book as big as the local phone directory, but I don't think that counts!

In a couple of years, I plan do one on scrollwork & striping. Just have to get these other commitments out of the way first.

Enough of this long story from me though, and I'll re-ask Kelly's question
"Do you dream of writing a book - what about?"

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

I always wanted to do a book. I want to call it "Sign Painting as I See It".

It would be a blunt, to the point, and pointedly opinionated book of the art of making signs.

What is your favorite spectator sport?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching spectators.

Do you bite your fingernails?
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

nope...but i cut them when i see white.

did this video choke you up? i cry everytime i watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv4Sia94Cu8

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

No. I was hoping he would attack the guys.
[Smile]
I like this one better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ye2svGQy8w

Do you have a defining moment in your life? If so, can you name it? Did it smack you on the head or was it subtle?
Love....Jill

Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than getting married, or when each of our kids was born, or the death of some close friends, it would have to have been the house fire in 1987. I was in a daze for a week or more after that, and what was funny was I figured out it had happened, about five minutes before I met anyone who could have told me. (I wasn't there when it burned down).

After the fire, I had the strength of mind to change vocation & start being a full-time signie.

I'll take the easy path & re-ask Jill's question:
Do you have a defining moment in your life? If so, can you name it? Did it smack you on the head or was it subtle?

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
February 11th, 1984...the day I got married. It didn't smack me on the head, but I did cut myself shaving that morning.

If you could change one decision you have made in the past, what would it be?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marrying my FIRST husband! I made out great on #2 but #1 was a BIG mistake!

What song bring tears to your eyes? I can't hear "Dance with my Father" (for obvious reasons. Listen to THOSE words!) or "How Great Thou Art". My parents used to sing it as a duet and we sang it at both of their funerals. Just THINKING about it makes me tear up.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Majesty. For the same reason as yours, they played it at my father's funeral. I really like the song and we sing it in church, but I can never make it through without choking up.

What is your current favorite shop CD? Mine is Bedouin Soundclash, Street Gospels. Got it on my birthday yesterday.

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ozzy

Ma-Ma I'm coming home.

I would stop the 'Tractor Trailer'
at the NB(New Brunswick) and NS(Nova Scotia) border and kiss the ground...

And scream, at the top of my voice, the song.

Knowing that!
2 hours away after I parked it.
I will be with the one I love!

Q!
Who makes Supper?

[ July 09, 2008, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Stephen Deveau ]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

I do 85% of the cooking here, (my choice) Wife seems to like it too. [Smile]

Q: What is your favorite vinyl or paint brand?

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Vinyl: Oracal and Arlon but NO AVERY!
Paint: High quality Watercolors! [Wink]

Who is the most notable/famous person you have ever met?

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Connolly, he came into the shop where I was working, ordered a custom made leather guitar strap and came back the next day and posed for photos with us all. He was really nice!! (PS, not a sign shop, my mothers leather goods shop)

What's your favorite holiday destination?

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Giampia
Resident

Member # 2007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Giampia   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Giampia       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anywhere that is warm and has golf nearby.

If you didn't make signs, what would you do for a living?

--------------------
Tom & Sharon Giampia
Creative Image Design
Port Chester, NY

Posts: 285 | From: Port Chester | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Video game tester or mechanic. [Smile]

What was the last movie you saw?

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible Hulk

What was for supper tonight?

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neighbor brought over rhubarb pie, rhubarb muffins, rhubarb cookies and rhubarb tarts to try. Yes, you can make all that with rhubarb, I didn't know that. Now I do, but I don't feel so good....

Are you allergic to anything? I can't handle house dust and sometimes cats and other critters. Makes me sneeze.

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

My only allergy is to doing the annual accounting/tax bookwork.

Are you a 'musical' person?

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

I love music. I collect MP3's and CD's.

Do you prefer an automatic or manual shift transmission in your vehicle?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on the car. We had a 1994 VW Passat sport model with a manual that was a blast to drive. In my shop truck I prefer automatic.

What was the last thing you hand-lettered with a direct layout (as in no mask or pounce pattern)?

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Every time that I do window splashes!

What kind of gas milage does your shop vehicle get?

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

Brushasaurus on Chat

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!