Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » WHITE MTN MOOSE MANIA!!!! SEPT 23-25 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: WHITE MTN MOOSE MANIA!!!! SEPT 23-25
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just a little reminder of the meet and a link to some places to stay...remember this is fall folliage time...things get booked up so don't wait til the last minute.
http://www.mtwashingtonvalley.org/bartlett/index.cfm?page=listings&ID=1

the meet is actually in glen, nh....very close to storyland(theme park off rt 16)....so if you got a place in glen, jackson, intervale or bartlett you would be within a 10 minute drive or less. check out the prices from their websites...the b&bs will be the most expensive...but places like will inns, red apple inn, storybook inn, the villager, attitash mtn village, swiss chalets, old field house should be reasonably priced for fall folliage.
here's a few pics of where it will be
 -  -

[ August 08, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: KARYN BUSH ]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karyn,

I got a room at the Will's Inn. Really looking forward to this meet. After the meet i'm travelling northwest to Barnet VT for another week of fall foliage. Just doesn't get any better than that!!!

Thanks,
Steve
P.S. Hope i see a moose!

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's all those green things? They look familiar but I cannot identify them right now.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are future yellow, orange and red things, Mike. We often refer to them as trees. [Wink]

Here's hoping the rains stay away this time in NH for a meet. The foliage is at it's peak about the time of the Moose Meet, and the surrounding area is about as beautiful as you will ever find any time of year. Mount Washington is right there, too.

Another fun meet in the works...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Marquis
Visitor
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Marquis   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Marquis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Karyn, that sounds kinda early for fall foliage. Over here in Maine, peak season isn't til well into October. Are you NHers that far ahead of us?

Dan

--------------------
Dan Marquis
Marquis Signs
Lewiston, Maine
dan@marquissigns.com

Posts: 118 | From: Lewiston, Maine, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to go to Ossipee lake as a kid. Great memories, NH is beautiful. The last time I was there it looked so different, a LOT more developement. I guess thats good for the sign Biz there.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the last weekend in sept certainly is the start...lewiston maine is south east of us...so yeah it does start earlier in northern nh...in some of the notches folliage is almost over by columbus day. of course weather plays a huge part.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karyn,
After talking to you the other day, I mentioned this meet to Debi, my wife.
I planted the seed about the beautiful fall foliage, and I think she may have fallen for it. You better come through with the colors or else you're gonna be pretty busy with red, orange, brown and yellow Krylon!

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

i'll do my best...can't imagine there won't be color...rapids meet last year was oct 16-18...folliage was long gone here by that time. some of the old maples start turning color in the beginning of sept. i hope some of you come up for a few days more than just the meet...its such a great time for hiking and taking in the views. and did someone say shopping? north conway is the outlet mecca...tax free nh!
some of the places on that link...like attitash mtn village, wills inn and old field house also offer townhouse rentals...2 or 3 bedrooms...very reasonably priced.
please feel free to email me or call(603)383-9955 with any questions or concerns.
see some of you next week at jills!!!!!!!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...any easels left over from my meet (except 1 I'm keeping) can be used for your meet, Karyn. Maybe Rapid Ray can haul a few back for you in his freshly painted truck. Ditto if we have any panels left over...but I bet we won't!
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

great thanks jill! i was going to make a bunch but maybe i'll hold off and see if someone has room to bring some back.

and i just need to stress the importance of making your hotel/inn reservations ASAP...you can't just wing it that time of year...there are no vacancies everywhere...and even if there is a cancellation or something they'll get top dollar for a walkin. now or very soon is the time.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Booked ... Will's Inn [Smile]

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

good! hopefully you'll be here thursday...we'll be doin dinner and chillin so i hope folks can make it for the thursday eve fun!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be happy to load up the truck for yins, Jill & Karyn. I have a couple of easles left from last year, too.

Rapid

(OMG. I said "yins"!) [Eek!]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, Mike...Will we ever get to meet at the same meet?? [I Don t Know]

Sorry I can't make your meet Karyn, but I have been figuring on Jill's meet for a long time. [Frown]

There's only so many days in the year and only so many bucks to be spent. I am trying to reserve as many bucks as possible to be warm in the winter!! [Cool] [Applause] [Cool]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8902 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave ... I really want to meet you in Mexico

It's happening ... Marie is unlikely to work this winter, and I've got points coming out of my Ying-yang. You are gonna end up being the designated travel agent. [Smile] For once I'm looking forward to January.

I know ... we'll call it a meet and make it tax deductible ... Hmmm... now there's a plan.

[ August 13, 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Mike O'Neill ]

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a plan Mike....and Dave...
I've embarked on an interesting business venture that will hold me down until I get some people trained but hopefully by January I'll be freeeeeeeee...Progresso sounds good....

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kids... Kimmy and I will be headed up for this one. Karyn I will try to shoot a few cool kandy panels for pinstriping. Have you talked to C-Line?

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

hey captain...glad you folks can make it!!! i emailed caroline yesterday! lol...hows that for timing. jill butterfield will be coming up too.
i bought some hok paints for the airbrush folks...and of course there will be one shot and ronan paint....and plenty of panels! and other schtuff to play and paint on!
looking forward to it!
can't wait to see everyone!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Dave Hunt
Visitor
Member # 4637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hunt   Email Dave Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Karen,

I'll be making my way down. Had a great time last year at Ray's Looney Meet. Can't wait to see everyone again and throw some paint around!

--------------------
Dave Hunt
Derby Line, VT

Posts: 157 | From: Derby Line, VT | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karyn,
I guess by now you are aware thet the existing easels from Jill's have been cannibalized!?
Ray wasn't able to take them, and nobody knew the Peaches were planning on taking them.

I guess you will need to make some after all?

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

yup

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought those easels were going to the Moose Meet. That wasn't nice!!!!!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

It wasn't mean or intentional, it was a total misunderstanding. I was one of the last to leave and I saw it unfolding.

I actually eneded up with one, but I don't think it's worth shipping it.

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

hey its no big deal! i love to bust genes ass...ya know cause he has no sense of humor! bawaahaaaa! seriously though don't spend anymore time on this...lets just concentrate on having a good time!!!!
woohoo! i'm getting psyched! i was just over to the barn...we will have a nice clean room upstairs where gold can be done...so it doesn't fly all around on wet panels! i'll have a tent outside also...so we can do messy stuff there...between the tools and equipment bobby and i have...there aint nothin we can't create...so let your imaginations go wild.
please email me with any special projects or ideas that you want to do so we can do our best to accomodate.

kelly from precision board is planning to attend and she really knows her stuff so if you have questions about the fillers or pb resin..she is the one to ask!
ted gore from west systems also may come...so again some great information sources here.

i have two nice iwata airbrushes and i got some HOK paint for the airheads! we have access to sandblasting eqpmt also. and of course there will be plenty of paint(thanks to ronan and oneshot) and panels!

its gonna be a great time!!!! once again not to be a nag...but if you are wanting to come...make your reservations now! this is a tourist town and its going to be beautiful so you want to secure your accomodations.

soooo....who's planning on coming???

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meeeeeee!!!

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could! Is that your shop and the view from it or is it just where you're having the meet. I wanted to show the picts to my in-laws who are thinking of moving there.

Have fun!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

i wish! no this is my friends home shop...he lives about 3 miles from me.

i should have some rooms available thru a ski club thats about one mile from the meet...it would be $15 per person per nite. just bring a sleeping bag and your own towel. i'll know more in a few days.

come on amy! tell your inlaws you have to check out the area first for them.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

-

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karyn, I wish I could go too!!!! I LOVE the mountains, & it would be so much fun!!!!

Hope you all have a really good time!

It was really nice to meet you at Jill's, too, Karyn. [Smile]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

thanks bobby it was nice to meet you also.

well i just ordered a bunch of brushes to sell at the meet....a good variety...thanks to mack brush! also thanks to roger at rapidtac for sending some goodies for door prizes!

busybusy!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edited for stupidity

[ August 29, 2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: captain ken ]

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Beta of Corel 13 showed up today so hopefully I'll be able to bring a 'sneak preview'. Phew ... laptop gonna be full.

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Mike,
Are you a master beta tester for Corel?

BTW,
We're really hoping to attend. Still have the room reserved, just have to refigure HOW we are going to get there.
Driving no longer appears to be an option [Mad] !

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Wouldn't call myself Master Beta Tester, but I am beta testing, must be the token letterhead or something... (or is that toking letterhead ... )

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

well yeah that too! [Razz]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike's the Master Betar [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

well today was like christmas! i came home to a bunch of boxes from the fine folks at rapid tac...can we say sample products for everyone!!!!
last week i got a big box of brushes from mack...so i have a great assortment for those looking to buy some brushes. quills, flats, liners, stripers etc...

i did score a ski club house within a mile or so from the meet...spitting distance from the red parka pub too! $15 a head per night...boy ya can't beat that price at this time of year! bring a sleeping bag/pillow and your towel.

registrations in so far:
steve racz
mike & marie o'neil
curt jodrie
gary cole
bob & marie peach
suelynn & don sedor
rapid ray
ron costa

folks that say they are coming:
bob rochon
capt ken & kimmy
mike and deb "Z"
ernie & diane balch
camille norvaisas
jill buttefield
mike leary
kelly mulcahy
bob kaschak
bruce bowers
mikey boone
dave hunt
gene golden
alan ackerson
mike berry
john floyd
phil seeley

then there are a bunch of maybes and quite a few local(meaning new england)folks.

please let me know asap if you are coming so i can plan!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

[ September 07, 2005, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: KARYN BUSH ]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Karen,

We can't make it. The Sept rush has started and we are really busy.

Diane & Ernie Balch

[ September 10, 2005, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: DianeBalch ]

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1725 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

oh thats too bad diane!

yesterday i took a bunch of stuff to the meet place! the leaves are just starting to turn on a few trees....beautiful view!

i also scored another cool thing...if any of you have ever heard of foam visions....they do really cool hdu pieces of rock, brick, bamboo, barnboard, metal plate...like 40 different backgrounds....well they are going to send 4-2'x4' for us to play with...i'm sure between that and gorilla glue we can do some funky panels!
i also got some various books of goldleaf for the glass gilders...got some pale yellow, white, reg, lemon...funfun.

if anyone wants to take advantage of the $15/per head per nite deal at the ski house please let me know asap! there's limited space. that is some sweet deal and its just a short distance to the meet.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!