Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT Musicians OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT Musicians OT
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a lot of you sign people are also musicians like me.
I wanted to share this great news with anyone who has ever been frustrated by conventional sound systems.

Our band, Fish On Wheels just ordered the new bose systems.
each player in effect has their own sound system.

unlike conventional sound systems no monitor system is needed!

these individual units are placed behind each player, i.e., piano, guitar, bass, drums and vocals.

what the player hears is what the audience hears.

-

to learn more about this revolutionary sound system, go to Bose.com and click the "for Musicians" link

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great, keep us posted how well it works.

I think the roadies will like those skinny little things too [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what roadies doug?? LOL (I Wish!!!)
we are all to tired and old to be lugging house speakers, monitors, mixing boards etc.
i will keep you posted, we suppose to receive them by this friday just in time for our next gig.

music is the bread of life.

mark

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are pretty cool, but they are a little out of our band's budget! [Wink] I will add them to our wish list once we sell a couple more cds!

Speaking of roadies, we had a great bunch of guys this weekend at "Toad Suck Daze". We were the last band on Sunday, and even after a long 3-day festival, they did a great sound job for us. After tearing down all those speaker colums, I'm sure they would have loved those Bose "sticks".

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Burke
Visitor
Member # 2674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Burke   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Burke       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,

What type of music do you lads play?

--------------------
Steve Burke
Cascades Inc
NS Canada

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you

Posts: 359 | From: NS Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve, while yer waiting for Mark's reply, did you click his bands link in his post? soundclips galore!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coop
Visitor
Member # 504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coop   Email coop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bubba,

Good to "see" you hanging around again. Please do give us a review on how this setup works. Our band has been taking a long hard look at that system too. The information I have been able to dig up so far is "mixed" at best... the folks who had just got them seemed to give great reviews, but some guys who have had them 6 months or so seem to be less impressed. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!  -

--------------------
David Cooper,
The Sign Shack
Enid, OK.

Posts: 658 | From: Enid,Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by all accounts coop, this system is "brutally honest" what you hear is what you get.

frankly we were tired of the same "old sh@t" as far as what we were hearing over the monitors as opposed to what the audience is hearing.(more control hopefully without the need for a soundman.)

if you read the message board on bose's website you will see other band's evalution of the system.

bose is so sure of their product that they offer a 45 day trial, money refunded without any questions.

i will keep all of you guys posted on how we evaluate the system.

here is a partial list of songs our band does (some audio links as well)

Fish On Wheels' Song List

keep on pickin'
[Big Grin]

mark

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for those letterheads who are musicians...

we just received our bose systems.

one word for the serious musician...
A W E S O M E !

this has got to be the cleanest and easiest set-up of a P.A. system i have ever experienced!

the acoustic guitar sounds incredible, highs and lows are perfect.

learn more about this ground breaking approach to live sound at...

BOSE.COM

[ May 24, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Mark Fair Signs ]

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool, Mark. Bose always comes up with the biggest sound in the smallest packages.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4117 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!