Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » We are having fun now!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We are having fun now!
Bob Koch
Visitor
Member # 967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Koch   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see if I can do this without Daves help. This is a sign we did last year. It was alot of fun. Not your average cemetary sign. My wife gets all the credit on this one... her design...she wouldn't let anyone mess with it.... ok.. my turn... ( sarah ) this wasn't my actual design - it was from an old dover printers ornament design.. you can't really see that good but ALL the Scales on the mermaid the rocks, shells ribbons gulls etc.. were routed with a v- bit to give dimension and the waves were hand carved with chisels to make it reflect light ( like waves)- and YES it was a little much for a cemetery.. but hey the cemetery owner liked it and got it in the Historic register - I really like to CARVE- too bad not enough people want it... ( and no offense to anyone but I absolutely hate box/lite signs- tacky tacky- creativity can't be captured in a Box- just a personal opinion, dont shoot me.! sarah.
PS Cape Hatteras is the "Graveyard of the Atlantic" Hence the mermaid theme.

------------------
Bob & Sarah Koch
Router Banks Sign Art
Moyock, North Carolina
signs@ecsu.campuscwix.net

[This message has been edited by Bob Koch (edited August 03, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Bob Koch (edited August 03, 1999).]

Posts: 19 | From: Moyock, NC. USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, your wife should be justly proud of this unique design. This is the very first time that I can recall a Cemetary Sign that looks like it's something that celebrates life. This certainly breaks from the norm.

------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail kjmlhenry@home.com

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelli
Visitor
Member # 248

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kelli   Author's Homepage   Email Kelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a wonderfully charming sign. A design like that would fit right in down here in the Florida Keys. Nice work Sarah and Bob!

------------------
Kelli Cajigas aka Janda
Dolphin deSigns Key West

Posts: 449 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!