Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Roland 960 problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roland 960 problem
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to use the plotter and nothing happens when I turn it on . The fan runs and the head raises up but setup light never comes on.

[ April 17, 2017, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: George Perkins ]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lever on the left side...........to lock rollers.......under the cover there is a small on/off switch. mine came lose a couple of times...when you take off the cover you will see the little black switch, that makes contact with a 1/2 round actuator that closes the switch.....the actuator piece is held on by a screw....may have worked lose.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No visible switch on this one. My friend sent his old plotter to my son. It was a different model and the cover was off and some jumper wires in place. I'll have to get this one down off the shelf to where I can open it up and look around for a switch. If not no big deal. I only use it two or three times a year and I can sub that work out.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
timmie did that.....to a roland.....if i can help ya my CX-300 is working.........LOOK HERE. should help..
http://docslide.us/documents/roland-cx2412.html

[ April 17, 2017, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

from the looks of the wiring I think this is a motherboard problem

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

www.perkinsartworks.com

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

sam sanphiipano is closer to ya.....hes runnng a printer now.i know he has a couple older rolands......he ran em from a MAC...... he might have a spare.....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!