Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Gerber 4b need help engaging commands

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gerber 4b need help engaging commands
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help need to make graduation banners for my granddaughter for tomorrow and had everything set up (I thought).

Yes, my 4b was in storage for 4 years and not used. I am not using the lmk so it is right from the plotter.
(and I am completely out of paint).
I usually have no problems through the years. The led display lights up and it registers the fonts that I put in, but after that no commands will work. I have checked all the connections, and could it possibly be a fuse, if the lights come on the led? Any ideas?

[ July 24, 2015, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall a couple times a key, maybe the spacebar getting stuck down and nothing works until it's popped back up.

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1050 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ July 24, 2015, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

[ July 24, 2015, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Deb.

I have an original Manual for the 4b. If you want to
call me i can try to go over your problem with you. my # is 586-709-1583.

Kevin

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 229 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Hooray!!!!!!!! I went back up there and turned on the overhead light in the spare room.

I found a penny stuck in between two of the keys; it solved the problem!!!!!!!!

Kevin, thanks so much also for offering; I found the manual in two steps online and I can print it out for future reference.
Thank you both so very much as this is why letterheads have enriched me throughout the entire time I have been here in letterville.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!