Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Thank you, Steve and Barb . . .

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thank you, Steve and Barb . . .
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I held the 1997 International Letterhead/Walldog meet in Belvidere it was early on in the world of the Internet - and it was this Message Board and forum that Steve and Barb used to get the word out and drive up attendance.

Steve also booked 20 hard-to-find rooms nearby (we have a glut of them today) and I'll never forget that effort as long as my clock is still ticking.

The effect this MB had on 'shrinking' the world by allowing new friends to find each other from across the land and the seas was truly a huge step in the further expansion of the Letterhead, Walldog and Pinhead movement.

I hope you realize how significant it was, Barb . . . and how much we appreciated the efforts of your husband and you.

May you find comfort and strength in due time . . . and find laughter and joy in pausing to ponder some very, very good memories you made for all of us. Godspeed, Steven.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said, Jay.

I am around those murals quite often, my dentist and brother right in the heart of those blocks. I remember Steve always talking about that meet and the funny stories he came up with; we must keep these memories alive, and thanks for posting.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!