Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » GLOBAL WARMING?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING??
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I just had my driveway plowed for the 7th time, and winter is just 2 1/2 weeks old. The average temperature for the whole US only is 12 degrees today. Yes, the last few winters were milder, but its called cycles. Any new theories, Al? LOL [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's probably warmer on the North Pole right now after they got rid of that load of cold air!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our illustrious government has already pi---- away many billions (with a B), in recent months, trying to sell foreign countries on this bogus concept.

Cycles of warming and cooling on our planet are a natural phenomenon, that have been occurring for centuries.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IAM GLAD....... for all you scholars to have it right, who is intelligent enough to argue with you ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP, I am not claiming to be a scholar nor am I arguing. But I can remember living thru temperatures this cold and colder. I have a photo I took about 25 years ago where my thermometer was at -37.

It seems that most people have short memories or that they are too young to have experienced a lot. And why they do not look to historical temperature records to see what is what. This weather pattern is nothing new and historical, I agree that the hype is just that, hype.

One thing I can say is that winter weather and the snow did come fast and furious this year.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 590 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever side of the fence anyone stands on whether or not the climate is changing, I think mankind has been a terrible steward of this planet and can certainly do better than use the environment we live in as a giant trash dump. Recycling and pollution controls may cost more in the short term but cost less in the long run when the inevitable future clean up and health costs are factored in.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time Magazine, 1974....

quote:
In Africa, drought continues for the sixth consecutive year, adding terribly to the toll of famine victims. During 1972 record rains in parts of the U.S., Pakistan and Japan caused some of the worst flooding in centuries. In Canada’s wheat belt, a particularly chilly and rainy spring has delayed planting and may well bring a disappointingly small harvest. Rainy Britain, on the other hand, has suffered from uncharacteristic dry spells the past few springs. A series of unusually cold winters has gripped the American Far West, while New England and northern Europe have recently experienced the mildest winters within anyone’s recollection.

As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval. However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.

Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest.Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F. Although that figure is at best an estimate, it is supported by other convincing data. When Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory and his wife Helena analyzed satellite weather data for the Northern Hemisphere, they found that the area of the ice and snow cover had suddenly increased by 12% in 1971 and the increase has persisted ever since. Areas of Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, for example, were once totally free of any snow in summer; now they are covered year round.

The more things change, the more they stay the same (except OneShot).

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have lived in PA from when i was born 1945 till 1981. in between that i lived in the COLDEST PLACE IN MAINE...CARIBOU for 8 years. seen -75 below in maine for a month.........was a kid in 1950-51 in western pa when they had the biggest snowfall ever recorded(The record for this region is 82 inches, set in the winter of 1950-51)

..lived in pa in 1975-78, when we had some more record setting snow and cold.The winter of 1976-77 was marked by record cold temperatures over most of the eastern United States, averaging 8.5 degrees below normal. Temperatures in Chicago stayed below the freezing mark for a record 43 straight days, Buffalo received a record 181.1 inches of snow, and not even the Deep South escaped nature's icy grip — portions of Florida received up to two inches of snow on Jan. 20, with Miami receiving its first and only recorded snowfall in history.

In Pennsylvania, the average temperature for January was 13.4 degrees, 11.2 degrees below normal., making it the coldest month in recorded history. Temperatures for the month's final weekend were expected to remain below five degrees in the western portion of the state (where they would feel some effects of the great blizzard of 1977 that dumped more than 30 inches of snow on western New York) and below 10 degrees in the east.
been living in FLORIDA SINCE 1982....aactually seen it SNOW IN SARASOTA FLORIDA!!!!! we tied the record low here in pensacola last nite.
as the old saying goes in most places ive lived in....
if ya dont like the weather WAIT ...IT WILL CHANGE IN A COUPLE HOURS))))))))
point is....if it wasnt this cold what else would ya be P.O. ABOUT????HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting images of winters past....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535344/You-think-THIS-cold-Black-white-photographs-reveal-New-Yorkers-battling-sub-zero-temperatures-decades-including-citys-coldest-day-1934.ht ml

[ January 07, 2014, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, like many here, can remember the cold winters from the 60's to the 80's. It seems that in more recent years the winters have been more moderate.
I guess things just go in cycles.

I do recall that within the span of only 3 or 4 years, we were able to play golf on Christmas day and Valentines day and then also suffered with 10' snowdrifts most winters.

I know that many would say "poor you" to me, but the last couple of days have been pretty cool here on the Yucatan Peninsula. Today it never got above 18C/64F. That probably sounds balmy to many in the US and Canada, but when you are used to 30C/85F at this time of year, it is downright chilly!

[ January 07, 2014, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have opinions here too.
I wont post them here.
I clearly remember that anything slightly to the "left" of the Teaparty-opinions used to be stamped "politics" and removed.

[ January 08, 2014, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: stein Saether ]

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was -1 Yesterday in Orlando.... They are now selling Naturally Frozen Orange Juice. lol

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are up to our Neck in Snow, we usually don't get much until now... 6 storms so far since the beginning of Dec.. Sunday it was minus 30, yesterday Tuesday it was plus 9!!! Thats Celciusm which is almost 50 degrees....but there still Tons of snow,, a couple of years ago I rode my Bike on the 28th of december in 15 degree celcius weather with out any snow on the ground... I think people don't get Global warming.. it's not what you see today.. it's over decades, even centuries...but I as well believe in weather cycles.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I gueess I might try just refering to big media though [Wink]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/01/06/can-global-warming-be-real-if-its-cold-in-the-u-s-um-yes/

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25383373

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the burning of fossil fuels has to have some kind of effect on the environment. We have no idea of what it is or is not doing. That being said, Global Warming has lined the pockets of politicians with billions of dollars for the past 20 years. The REAL solution has nothing to do with money.

Environmental "GREEN" movements have been used to sell everything from soap to cars. Many who love this planet have been convinced to purchase things that have little or no benefit to the earth.

So while fossil fuels do affect the earth, I think "global warming" misses the mark. Maybe future scientists will know the real damage it has done. In the meantime, if we do all things for His glory, that will cause us to do responsible things on our own. Afterall, it was Him who created this earth and set up the cycles in the first place. [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the last 25 years of my painting windows, I am particularly sensitive to temps below 40, here. We usually get six weeks of it. A couple of years we only had 4 and a few we had 7. This year is coming off very cold with 3 weeks so far and I have another 8 weeks of winter left. Usually get one late in March, as well. I sense that unless something changes, we will have about the worst one in my 25 years of having to brave the cold.

On another note, it usually surprises me. It never seems to follow any predictable model. I hope we do get a warm up of at least a couple of weeks, so I can get my clients back up to speed, but then again, I also hope my house finally sells and I can pack up to move to Santa Fe for the new gallery. Life in the doldrums for sure. I have three people seriously shopping my house, now and maybe, just maybe one will actually come thru. Got much of my stuff packed up and ready to head southwest. Patience is a virtue.

Politics of global warming is about as unpredictable as gambling. Why they bother is just another way they can act like they are doing something. Nothing changes. It may be proven that it is getting warmer, but seriously, just think that the whole planet is on top of a molten mass that emits carbon dioxide constantly. I really think it is a moot point, but maybe we should be concerned to not pollute so much. I will do my part and not be spraying any acrylic lacquer this week or dumping any latex down my sewer. The rest can be left to the politicians who seem to never get it right, anyway.

[ January 08, 2014, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Preston McCall ]

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that, Rick. We need to be (as David said above) better stewards of the wonderful planet God has given us.

And, in many ways,we have. Cars are tremendously more efficient than they used to be. Many standard cars are getting 30+ mpg. Diesel cars and trucks are also hugely more efficient, both pollution-wise and mileage wise. Even aircraft are much cleaner and fuel efficient than in past.

I believe God put fossil fuels, just like natural cures for many diseases, here for us to use; but we have only in recent times, developed better, cleaner and more responsible ways to use them. Clean coal technology has come a long way also; and America has vast and wide coal resources.

One problem, though, as much as we try to clean up our act, many of the developing countries overseas, along with China and Russia, have no such measures in place. I read, just the other day, where China's emissions output is more than the lack of it, that we have achieved.

I guess, one of the scariest things, to me, is all the thousands of drums and containers of toxic waste and chemicals, that have been dumped into our oceans over time. No one knows the damage, stuff in rusting and decaying containers can do to sea life, that may some day become part of our food supply.

But, that's just one more thing, in our stewardship responsibilities, that we need to address......not by just pouring billions into foreign countries and walking away. Education would be a lot more effective.

[ January 08, 2014, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Well said, Dale

You just cannot legislate conscience. People will do what they want with ot without rules in place.

I have a relative in China, you are correct about the emissions there. Some days the API index is near 500! By comparison, New York City is around 19. Scary in many ways. Again, you cannot legislate a persons or a country s conscience. [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ January 08, 2014, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Sonny Franks ]

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ January 08, 2014, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Sonny Franks ]

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well yeah Sonny, when you can't argue with your opponents, ridicule them. Right thinking people expect it though.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

-

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Jackson Smart
Visitor
Member # 187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackson Smart   Author's Homepage   Email Jackson Smart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently heard a report from a passenger on a flight to Japan that it took almost 2 hours to fly over the garbage dump floating in the Pacific Ocean that was estimated to be the size of Texas. Now it also contains debris from Fukushima. I live on the coast of Washington state and NOAA is starting to find starfish with lesions and also arms that are dissolving. Last weekend I went to Rialto beach near La Push and was very apprehensive about picking up rocks and driftwood. We are alerted often about the possibility of radiation effecting not only the beaches but also the fish, salmon and bottom fish. I fish around the tip of the state (Neah Bay) but now I have to think differently. I also hear conflicting reports from scientists saying nothing to worry about, to move away from the left coast. I think I will stay here and see what happens....after all, we all die from something. We watch closely the data coming from Japan about Fukushima and the ongoing problems they are having. I also read a report from Death Valley that showed extreme radiation counts coming from the air and settling on the ground.

What a world...what a world.

Jackson

--------------------
Jackson Smart
Jackson's Signs
Port Angeles, WA
...."The Straits of Juan De Fuca in my front yard and Olympic National Park in my backyard...

"Living on Earth is expensive...but it does include a free trip around the Sun"

Posts: 1000 | From: Port Angeles, Washington | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great Glenn,

I've been on the phone and online for the past week! Haven't actually produced anything...I'm going to watch that thing for a while...as I sway back n forth!

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if you belive in evolution, the whole place was one big ice Glacier and "global warming" has been melting it for "Millions" of years. I grew up in a Glacier state (Michigan). The Great Lakes are evidence of the meltdown as one example.

If you belive a tadpole grew from a primordial soup and monkeys became man, you can only conclude we will evolve to exist in whatever state we create next.

So what difference does it it make if we pollute the place up? Who are you to say man must survive? Why not go the way of the dinosaur and let the cockroaches have thier day?

Why be so smug as to think the planet is "ours?"

If however, you belive in a creator, then you know it's going to be destroyed by fire anyway. So let the gases burn baby.

Reminds me of the song "In the year 2525...if man is still alive"

[ January 09, 2014, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Mikes Mischeif ]

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank's Mike...Now I am going to be humming that tune all night!!! [Wink]

Not complaining though because I always have loved it! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn, do you know what issue of Time Magazine that quote was from?

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the driest year in recorded history here.I'm bout ready to look for someplace getting rain to go there for a vacation.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We"ll send you our snow Rick. Should melt about the time it gets there.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Dennis...... June 24, 1974

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

BTW, anyone remember this show staring Leonard Nimoy?

http://youtu.be/1kGB5MMIAVA

[ January 10, 2014, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once Cap & Trade is in place, we won't have the money to heat or cool our homes anyway.

Forget the weather, This is what we should really be worried about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe, with all the gas that's spewed here on the bullboard, there may be a case for global warming...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

for all you GLOBAL WARMING NAY SAYERS.....
http://beforeitsnews.com/weather/2014/01/haarp-deep-freeze-attack-upon-america-2442290.html

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Speaking of gas, Once your tech car is smarter than you are, it will determine whether you need to go out for a drink or a gallon of milk. Once it's programed for global warming, it won't even start on code red days. The gub'ment will see to it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-automakers-tap-smartphone-technology-concerns-grow-about-use-of-drivers-data/2014/01/09/91a505f2-78a0-11e3-b1c5-739e63e9c9a7_story.html

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Hey old paint,l I read that. Haarp is like a big HVAC unit for the world. Our worries are over! Now somebody take away Al Gores 747 and his microphone.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike...you are quite the provocateur...interesting ideas.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

The number one cause of death is life. Live it up!!

-

[ January 10, 2014, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard there is a shortage of aluminum foil in Pensacola,Florida.

That 1974 article Glenn mentioned may be closer to the truth than some would think. Scientists claim there is a huge shortage of sunspots, and the lack of sunspot activity could last for many years. The last time this was recorded was during the last mini ice age.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you all watched David Smith's youtube video yet? Amazing talent! He should market those pencils of his...they're magic!

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!