Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Tip$

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tip$
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 35 years, my customers were always happy with my work and paid what I asked.

My customer for the dragon and arboretum sign just picked them up. He said he ordered 2 signs and got two pieces of art.

He gave me a $200 tip!! Yeeesss!!!! [Smile]

My first tip!!!!

Just had to share.....(the news, not the money [Wink] )

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

[ May 26, 2011, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Joe Cieslowski ]

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10691 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well deserved I'd say... I have recieved quite a few tips over the years, Feels Great!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, but keep quiet...big brother has very big ears ! [Bash]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily ... most of my tips have been in ca$h!

[Thanks]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best tip was for a Chevy store client. Did a bunch of interior graphics and window work. Sent in the $5600 bill and he doubled it with a note on the stub,"Well Done!" It blew me away!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1561 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Kurtzman
Visitor
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Kurtzman   Author's Homepage   Email John Kurtzman       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe;
Receiving a "Tip" usually means that your price was to low. I told you several years ago to start selling your name as an artist because you are more than a vendor offering services to the mediocrity. As you think, so you become.

John
www.handpaintedcanework.com
PS did you ever carve that eagle you asked me for permission to carve from my plans.

--------------------
John Kurtzman
J.G. Kurtzman Sign Shop
97 Taylor Ave. Norwalk, Ct. 06854

-----------------------------------
Creative communication since 1959

Posts: 213 | From: So. Norwalk, Ct. USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,

I worked at the Nethercutt Collection in the late seventies.... I did some painted canework on the '28 Minerva, but was not able to get the same amount of depth as the original canework on the 1930 Rolls Royce Brewster bodied town car. I have since seen the beautiful work you did on two of the other Rolls in the collection.
Would you be willing to share a few secrets as to your methods and materials ? .... if not, I certainly understand.

While working at the Collection, I was responsible for pinstriping, fabrication, casting, preparing parts for chrome, woodwork, and a lot of the final assembly work of the body, trim and interior. Wonderful job which I hated to leave, but wanted to get away from Southern California smog and congestion....

I'm interested in seeing some of your other work.... do you have another website ?

Regards,
Jim

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just think what kind of tip you would have gotten if you put that little flower on it!

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,

As soon as I catch up on all my other low-ball orders, I'll shake the dust off the plans (which are a work of art to begin with) and give it a shot....if I get-er done, what should I charge?

Next time you're in the hood, stop in!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

ps the tipping customer is from Fairfield.....pretty nice little town, I hear [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, Please forget my critique about those strong horizontal rhythems. Hahahah, well done indeed!

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!