Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Gas price question (Way OT) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Gas price question (Way OT)
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Whatley:

Come on, is there nothing out there that makes you happy Glenn?

Actually, I'm one of the happiest most upbeat people you'll ever meet. But, a good steak would make me happier at the moment. [Wink]

quote:
Why the hell are you in here preaching with four page long piles of crap that nobody is going to read?
Because some do read.

But, why am I so wordy? Well, sometimes that is what it takes to clear up a lot of misconceptions and misinformation.

quote:
You want me to go copy and paste the Monroe Doctrine for you?
Why? Does it have something to do with the price of gas?

quote:
OP I understand because I think half of what he posts is just poking at you with a stick to see what kind or rant you'll offer up next.
Do you think that I don't know that? I'm just having fun with him. He's a good guy with a good sense of humor and a tinfoil hat that would make some people envious. The tinfoil underwear.... well..... I don't think Joe Boxer will have much to do with that. [Wink]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10691 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pat and i thought you was only a plumber.....TEA TIME...dude you got COOTH!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im just reallllly glad my Ford Ranger is a four cylinder. [Smile]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you unhook alternate plug wires on a Chevy V8 and turn it into a smooth running 4? Maybe that will make me happy.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why are people raising hell that gas companies made record profits? Or that government isn't stepping in and putting a cap on gas prices?
*Government* sounds like an awfully political start to a post to me. [Wink]

[ April 27, 2006, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John Deaton:

John,

What kind of MPG are you getting? I'm driving a 1994 4cyl with 5 on the floor. I've never got anything better than about 16mpg around town. My mom's '96 Caddy with a V8 is getting better mpg than I am.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10691 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the higher gas prices. Gives me a good excuse to ride my motocycle everywhere. Customers seem to "get it" when they see me pull up on it. I tell them I can keep my prices lower for them, yeah right!

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the way Bob thinks, I think I need a bike.

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Gill:
Myra - I agree about the War in Iraq costing too much.

Here's how it should have gone:

Day 1 of conflict - US drops 3 well placed hydrogen bombs on Iraq. No more Iraqi's. We take over their oil.

Day 2 of conflict - Iran, Syria, etc all call for Holy Jihad against the US and it's allies.

Day 3 of conflict - US drops 20 Hydrogen bombs on the rest of those Bastids. No more overseas whackos. Again, we take over their oil.

Day 4 of conflict - Whacko imigrants domestically begin ranting and raving and declare holy domestic terror.

Day 5 of conflict- Every red blooded american grabs their AR-15 off the rack above their fireplace and seek out the bastids. (you do have an AR_15 handy right? If not-shame on you.) The peaceful ones are sent to Mexico....the rest, well....you know the rest of the story.

Problem solved in less than one work week.

We have the oil, and I am pleased as punch to pay 28 cents per gallon of gas for the next 50 years. [Razz]

You know, I thought like that, but I have a much better idea. Total Isolationism. Close the borders, if your not a citizen, GET OUT! If you don't want to leave, then you will have to take a test (based on our history). If you pass the test, you get to stay, you fail, see ya' . No more foreign aide. The money that we are sending to Lord knows where to help their starving and homeless, keep it here. We have too many hungry children and homeless in this country. Why do we have to be the savior of the world? The rest of the world hates us, so why do we have to help them. Why rebuild schools and facilities in Iraq when they are just going to blow it up?

I saw on the news that the Iraqis have a 48% approval for attacks on American Troops, and a 3% approval for attacks on their own security forces. What does that tell you?

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Taylor:
quote:
Originally posted by John Deaton:

John,

What kind of MPG are you getting? I'm driving a 1994 4cyl with 5 on the floor. I've never got anything better than about 16mpg around town. My mom's '96 Caddy with a V8 is getting better mpg than I am.

Glenn I have the same truck as John, mine's a '97 2.3L 4cyl and I get about 23MPG, around town and highway miles combined because our highway really isn't much of one with all the signals they've added over the last few years. I also use a bit of a heavy foot because the engine's so gutless it's gotta rev to 3500 RPM to get any cajones out of it for the hills around here. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When will you people begin to post as Letterheads instead as Democrats and Rebublicans, Liberals and Conservatives, Christians and Moslems? Seems like it's always the same old gang that just cannot resist turning every post into a head banging contest.

I saw this as a good opportunity to do some creative thinking, to try and fix the problem instead of the blame. I believe most of us realize that we cannot continue to risk our Children's futures because of our dependance on oil. More words are not the answer. Don't count on Government to save the day. It's time for each of us to take action and start to reduce our oil habit.

More important! Letterville is the one place for many of us where we can gather as Letterheads without fear of having to defend, or feeling a sence of duty, to promote all the other issues that divide us.

If only one person reading this BB concludes that they are not welcome in Letterville because of their Nationality, Political Beliefs, Race, Sexuality, Religion, etc., this has been a complete waste of our time.

Change the tone of this post, or it will disappear.

[ April 27, 2006, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife's Park Avenue averages 29.7 hwy and has gotten as much as 32. I kid you not. Trouble is, I can't haul a sign in it. [Bash]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3489 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Rick,

That is something I don't understand. Maybe someone can explain it for me. Why do trucks with smaller engines such as a Ford Ranger get lower MPG than a lot of luxury cars with V8's?

BTW Patrick, I have to agree with Todd about what he said about the "Government" thing. Unfortunately, "Politics" is part of capitalism and free enterprise since they are the one's who regulate it. That said, I ran across the following which I thought was interesting.....

quote:
Qatar: Price of oil would drop $15 if politicians shut up

Qatar plans to invest $5 billion through 2010 in an attempt to increase the production of crude oil.

Qatari Energy Minister Abdullah Bin Hamad Al Attiyah said the price of oil would drop by $15 should politicians end their expressions of concern over a halt in supplies.

Al Attiyah said the record oil prices of more than $75 per barrel was the result of fears and speculation within the market.

World tribune

I wonder how many here would agree with that sentiment?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We still have 1000 days til regime change, as of today."

Myra...are you making a prediction? Anybody we know?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Taylor:

I wonder how many here would agree with that sentiment?

I've said the same thing many times. It's the market, not the government or oil companies setting the prices. Because oil is traded, any time some moron gets on TV and says something like "Gas prices may hit $5/gallon this summer" they're willing it into reality. Wonder if there would be any affect to some muckity muck getting on TV and saying it's gonna drop to 50 cents a gallon. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myra and some of the other dOPes here using this post to quack about their political issues? What a surprise. [Roll Eyes] Funny, I never see Ms. Grozinger comment on sign-related threads, so I have no idea how she edge-seals MDO, or what gold size she prefers, or how she deals with annoying clients with idiotic design concepts.

Just an observation, for what its worth.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray:
It's 1000 more days of this administration - as of right about now, until inauguration day in 2009.
=========================
Mr. Cam Bortz:
I suggest you chill, and go back to where you were when you left me alone.

First of all you are wrong in what you are saying, and secondly you have no visible call to single me out in an attempted attack.
========================
Steve:
I am very glad you spoke up. What you said was really needed.
When there are no objections to the unacceptable, then we are condoning it through silence.

Which is often, but not always, why I courteously post on some of these threads.

[ April 27, 2006, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Myra Grozinger ]

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow I head to a job about 60 miles each way. It will probably cost me around $25 in gasoline to get there and back.

I will be paying for that fuel..BUT who is going to reimburse me for my fuel?

I sure know it isn't gonna be George Bush or Stephen Harper (He would be OUR head of government by the way).

My client is going to reimburse me, of course.

The funny thing is..last year the same trip would have cost me maybe $20..What's $5 between client and service provider? Clients are accustomed to price increases, whether it is Rice Krispies or beer.

I'm not preaching or complaining or anything. I just think it is strange to complain about anything that we CAN solve.

It is simple..raise prices or add "fuel surcharge" to invoices. I know that my suppliers do that very visibly. If they can charge me extra then why can't I?

I trust that this comes across as a positive post..it is intended as such.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8886 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supply & Demand

Mike, I'd love to see the ripple effect from some "expert" saying prices were going to drop 50 cents. I'll bet you'd see empty gas pumps with people just waiting like hawks for the price to drop before they fill up, afraid that if they buy gas today, the price will drop 2 cents tomorrow & they woulda been cheated out of 50 cents.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antiques Road Show! That's the solution to the worlds problems. You people should watch more educational TV...

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwwww ... poor Myra...she goes around poking bears and wonders why she gets bitten!

[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That is something I don't understand. Maybe someone can explain it for me. Why do trucks with smaller engines such as a Ford Ranger get lower MPG than a lot of luxury cars with V8's?"

Glenn, it's the power to weight ratio. A lot of small trucks are just too underpowered. The engine is way too small for all the weight it has to haul around. Four cylinder cars get good milage because they are usually light. The small trucks are usually pretty heavy. I've owned two S-10's. The first one I had was a short wheelbase standard cab with a 2.5 four cylinder, standard shift. It got 20-22 mpg. It was always working hard. The second one was an extended cab with a big 4.3 V-6 with an automatic. This engine put out a TON of torque. It never worked hard. Even though it was a heavier truck with a bigger engine, the power to weight ratio was much better and it got 28-30 on the highway.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4323 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob, I watched the Antiques Road Show on the golf course today. The two groups ahead of us must have averaged 75 years old.

[Smile]

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Thanks George. Looks like I may need to look into driving something else!

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Well, all I know is I have a popcorn husk stuck between my tooth and gum....so this has become my latest forlorn subject to ponder.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to poke grumpy old bears too. You'll often find their bark far worse than your bite. It would be a scary place if the average person allows themselves to be bullied and silenced by bears. [Smile]

I'm still seeing the bears attacking those who think different instead of shaking off their long winter hibrination, and doing some creative thinking of their own.

How about something on estimating or running a shop Myra? I know you have lots of experience in those areas to pass on. Remember people. Attack the problem and stop the personal attacks.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Can I still make cracks about OP's tinfoil undies?

-

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Glenn for the early mornign visual [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so basically with this new bio deisel crap coming out soon can i like shove a cantelope or honeydew melon in the duallie? [I Don t Know]

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An observation is not a personal attack, Myra. If you are offended by what's been observed, that's not my problem. Having said that, I'll repeat: If you have ever, on this forum, commented on a sign-related, as opposed to political/OT thread, I have not been aware of it. Yes, there are other people who comment somewhat obsessively on OT threads - Glenn comes to mind - but they don't limit their commentary exclusively to political issues. I don't question your right to your opinions and how you express them; my comment is that you apparently don't choose to comment on any threads that don't offer you some sort of political soapbox.

I'm in no particular mood for an argument, with you or anyone else, but I WILL continue to make observations, and comment on them, as I see fit, with or without your permission, thank you very much.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Silver Eagle
Visitor
Member # 274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Silver Eagle   Author's Homepage   Email Linda Silver Eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, uhm, like what I did to make it work FOR me was to plant a garden so I could cut down my trips to town and save some money. I imagine food costs are gonna be perty ugly come fall.

I also toyed with the idea of making a profit and have planted more than my family could eat. I'm putting up a sign when the grub comes up and was laughing with my hubby that by fall I could list the merchandise for sale at half of what W******'s daily price would list and still make a profit LOL. I think we sunk in $300.oo of hay, seed and what not...and hopefully by fall sompn' good will happen LOL.

Just think, I used to do signs for produce stands and wonder what it would be like to produce food instead. I saw some serious coin run through those hands. My guess is it's gonna be yummy!

I just read this thread and realized that in the time it took y'all to bicker over the sky falling, we've dropped 600 romaine lettuce, 250 brussell sprout, 124 strawberries, the place came with a dozen blueberry plants but we didn't find 'em till after we coddled 4 we bought and dropped in the garden. Root veggies, peppers (yes, even habanero) over 2 hundred tomato (cherry and big-boy, melons of every kind we could get seeds for and spinache! I am so excited!

...ok sorry to high jack here but the point is, we just have to adjust the best we can with what we've got. It could always be worse.

Shouldn't we think about Frank. Talk about being at the mercy of the pump. He is losing his house and having to hit the road. Maybe if we are all so "gracious" with our time on this thread, what about donating it instead to helping him with gas costs?

(I'm just attempting to bring things into perspective so the energy we spend will be productive.)

--------------------
Linda Welborn
Aigle D'Argent

678-292-3102

http://www.precious101.com

Posts: 2501 | From: GA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cam:

You are polite this time, which I appreciate, but you are still wrong.
Your entitlement to your observations and comments is only curtailed when my name is in it, and when the tone is critical and sarcastic.

When, if needed, you go through the search archives you will find plenty of answers to the questions you posed to me about edge preparation of MDO, gold size, or the handling of difficult customers. Some will be by me [Smile] .

What you won't find is a topical thread on the unprecedented cost of gasoline which is affecting everyone here and everyone we deal with.

That, at this time, is priceless.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WOULD buy a horse but I don't think they'll let me take it out on the freeway!!!

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it makes anyone feel any better about $3 a gallon gas ......... the fuel I use in my Corvette just went up to $6.99 per gallon!

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tony, nobody who owns a Corvette gets to complain.

I guess I don't know much about cars, what does the Corvette take and why?

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not objecting to this thread, Myra. I am bothered, as I said, by people who have nothing much to say unless they can attach a political opinion to it.

In the interests of being fair, I actually DID do three searches, with your name attached: Gold Size, MDO preparation, and hand lettering. Two of those searches came up zero, and one with five results in four years.

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
corvette owners are weird!!!!! thats why!!!! hahahaha dave all cars nowadays have low compression motors that run good on 86 octane fuel. older vets and some of the special run models need 100-110 octane, racing fuel. next jump up in the octane rating is for radial engine aircraft and its rated at 115-145!!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!