Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » on topic - I get by with alittle help from my friends....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: on topic - I get by with alittle help from my friends....
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Email Tim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a dump truck.

Does the hole between the name and the panel bug you? What does? Any suggestions? Hoping to be kept fairly simple. Will also have a small phone number beneath.

-

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Posts: 736 | From: Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Thomas Greer
Resident

Member # 4566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Thomas Greer   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Thomas Greer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tim you have two compeating font (decrotive fonts) I would use a plain style font for enterprise and why not stack JD and Lamb or try a triangle in between the two!

--------------------
Steve Thomas Greer
ABRACADABRA SIGNS & DESIGNS
102 Stanley St. Ayr, Ont. Canada

Posts: 602 | From: Ayr, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Email Tim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Steve,
Love your stuff!

I did have a diamond between and a sans serif in the panel, but I thought it looked blah. I think I'm just in a blah mood today, nothing is looking right to me today. I think its because its sunny outside today, and I really dont want to be here doing this, hehehe.

I must be working backwards today, here's an earlier attempt.

-

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Posts: 736 | From: Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why is AMB smaller than JDL?

[ March 27, 2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Michael Boone ]

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Oh...well... I dunno.

Just the way I typed it in. Upper/lowercase. I did modify the B using a capital cause I wanted the droop of it to touch the panel. Maybe the spurs should all line up? I could use all caps, and then that would also probably fix the gap between the L and A with the swoosh that comes off the capital A in this typeset.

I think I needed to start this altogether differently with a sketch first, instead of just flying at it without any real thought of where I wanted it to go. Sad thing is, I'm sure the trucker would be happy enough with straight helvetica.

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the name of that sans serif letterstyle you used there Tim?

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4380 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

FHA Egyptian. Might have been one of the perks from the letterhead vault when I was a resident.

I like it, and use it quite often.

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Doug Phillips
Visitor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Phillips   Email Doug Phillips       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim,
Here's a twist using the basic idea you have.
I have no idea what your final colors will be but I threw some together just for grins.

-

--------------------
Doug Phillips
Denali Design Signs & Tees
Anchorage, Alaska

Posts: 316 | From: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Absolutely beautiful Doug! I am amazed at how well you knockout some of these. I am really looking forward to meeting with you on my next trip to Anchorage. I hope you're getting through your family stuff ok.

These are very close to what my vision was, but even more over the top, but I surely wasn't even getting close with what I had. I decided to go play in the sun!

Top one is very suitable for the medium blue of the truck. My colored versions of my crappy design are yellow/gold with black. I wouldnt copy what you've done here, but I think I'll have you send me an email with a copy of the file along with an invoice. I'll call you tomorrow!

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Doug- (you should consider a career as a signwriter! [Wink] )

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7030 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!