Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Atlantic City Kids Seasons Greetings Cards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Atlantic City Kids Seasons Greetings Cards
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi i've just now, started to get back to "normal"after one of most heart lifting meets . The bullpen at the USSC sign show was graced with the excited,hopefilled eyes of some of the Signtex boys and girls club. this program allows kids to participate twice a week to learn a trade and an alternative to the negitive peer pressures all around them. Bruce could explan this program much better than myself, but he can't figure out how to log on. Can you believe he wants me to figure out the computer? Anyway, My soul was refreshed working side by side with these wonderful, eager to learn,hopeful kids . "Mr.Bill" recieved the key to the city from the Mayor , and yes this year Bruce made us all cry. But we made Carol M. and Caroline C. cry. Mr.J made lots of people cry as usual. But back to the KIDS, please send a holiday greeting card and your own thoughts to thoses wonderful kids at : Signtex 901 Arctic Ave. Atlantic City 08401 It will more than you'll ever know. Peace& Love AJ

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ
[URL=http://www.alanjohnsongrafix.com]

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to meet you Alan. Another heart lifting idea you got there.

Maybe everyone who sends cards should throw in a business card too. Not to get a xmas card back, but I know I collected cards this weekend & for kds with panels (& those awesome painted desks that were donated)... business cards from sign painters will probably interest them like they interested me. [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan - Doug-

Do you happen to have the contact info (phone) for Jesse who was running the SignTex program?

I've got some books and an unused plotter that would make a perfect home there---

What an inspiring group of folks to put that all together for those kids. Man, to make a difference in one of their lives - priceless.

It was so amazing to see the look in their eyes as they watched the masters of the craft share information--

Dan

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan, sorry, I don't have a number for you.
that sounds like a great offer though. I wouldn't be surprised if Alan has that info... I'm sure Bruce does. You could even call the Mayor [Smile]
He was already impressed with the letterheads, but then he would see how the spirit keeps growing! Cool deal Dan!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naturally, being there to "work" in the EstiMate booth, I did not have much time for my Signmaker walks but when I did I went to see the kids in the bullpen.

One little boy, no more than 8, was working with a striper in his right hand, on the usual panel with the grid. He did the right side of a beautiful curve, starting at the center.
He switched hands. He then, carefully counting squares, did the left corresponing side with his left hand, and, I am witness, it looked really really good.
He was proud, and so was I and he listened happily when I told him so.

It was a great show in the Atlantic City tradition of great shows. It's always my favorite. And this time I was lucky enough to meet Doug Allen, and Karyn Bush. And saw many of our letterheads whom I had already met before.

All in all a wonderful last show of the year for me.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan , I don't have Jessie's # but E-mail Bruce at BGGRAPHICSAOL.COM he has the info . Doug good idea about the cards . It sure is hard to describe the joy those kids had and how they transform a room . "maintain"

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Sorry Bruces e-mail is BGGRAPHICS@AOL.COM Like I was telling you Dan , I thru my last computer out the window , we don't get along!

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ

Stephanie Yeager
Visitor
Member # 5271

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Stephanie Yeager   Author's Homepage   Email Stephanie Yeager       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone,

Jess & I had a fabulous time both at the show and visiting with everyone afterwards. You guys are the best! The kdis were overwhelmed - and after reading about all of your generous contributions, thank you just doesn;t cover how much we appreciate all you have done & are doing.

If you need to contact either of us, here's the info:
Jess Caserta Stephanie Yeager
SignTex Boys & Girls Club of AC
901 Arctic Ave 317 N. Pennsyvlania Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401 Atlantic City, NJ 08401
609/348-1010 609/347-2697
airbrushnstuff@comcast.net Steph@acbgc.org

We are a non-profit, so contact me for info if you need it. Thanks again - we had a blast!!!

Steph [Wink]

--------------------
Stephanie B. Yeager
Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City
317 N. Pennsylvania Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401

Posts: 1 | From: Atlantic City | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The LETTERHEAD spirit strikes "Again"
Good work Alan!

A man never stands so tall,except when he stoops
down to help a Child

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!