Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Design/Cost Workshop » Trucking Company Logo - It's not working...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trucking Company Logo - It's not working...
Penny Baugh
Visitor
Member # 3275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny Baugh   Author's Homepage   Email Penny Baugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We designed this logo for our landlord's transportation company and installed it on the door of one of the trucks:

-

They like it. But then what they had was all uppercase script in red, LOL!! We really hate it, though. It's totally not readable from any distance. We're suppose to do the rest of their trucks soon. I'm going to re-design the logo and re-do the truck.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I should ditch this whole concept and start from scratch.

--------------------
Penny Baugh
Lee Edmund Spyro Design Group

Spyro Graphics
3458 Main Street, East
Fort Payne, AL 35968

(256)638-ARTS
penny@spyrographics.com

Posts: 159 | From: Northeast Corner of Alabama | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Penny,

Are you sure "Micheal" is spelled correctly? The
only Michaels I know are spelled a before e.

I see what you mean about readability. There isn't enough negative space between those letters, so they appear to run into each other.

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny Baugh
Visitor
Member # 3275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny Baugh   Author's Homepage   Email Penny Baugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an idea Jesi just came up with:

-

--------------------
Penny Baugh
Lee Edmund Spyro Design Group

Spyro Graphics
3458 Main Street, East
Fort Payne, AL 35968

(256)638-ARTS
penny@spyrographics.com

Posts: 159 | From: Northeast Corner of Alabama | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Snyder
Visitor
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Snyder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like what you have just outline it with white. Then you ought to see it.

--------------------
Brian Snyder
Sign Effectz
Woodbridge, New Jersey

Posts: 723 | From: Woodbridge, NJ USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that ark, or whatever you wanna call it, would be darker it would move more into the background.
For the first version, just lighten the color for the main copy,(not the shadow),and put Transportation into a light colored panel.
Just a couple ideas...isn't it fun?

Lotti

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1966 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny Baugh...

I have taken the liberty of doing a quick layout to show you how I would approach this project.

-

Have a great one!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 14 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice layout Bruce!

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Norcross
Resident

Member # 3496

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Mike Norcross   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Norcross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Penny
I am a member of this great community. And couldn't help noticing that you're having trouble with this transportation design. Ok first let me tell you, unless this company wants to advertise its name more than the transportation, the main heading should be the most important, and should be bigger if that color to be used is the same, with a white outline. also i agree that the design is nice but Brent Micheal would be much better smaller and in script , and be either outlined or a lighter color. Iif i can help any further let me know.
Mikes sign & grahics
afton, wyoming
norcross@wyoming.c [Eek!] om

--------------------
Mike Norcross
Mikes Signs and Graphics
Box 1232 172 adams street
Afton, Wyoming 83110

Posts: 82 | From: Afton, Wyoming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!