Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » If it's spring, it must be time for...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If it's spring, it must be time for...
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...more race cars.

-

-

...and for those of you who like something a little more in the Vintage category, here's one i got to do last summer.
 -

Rapid

[ May 03, 2010, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the 21, very dynamic.

The flathead is cool, got a kick out of it having a fan shroud.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea 21 has good flow and dramatic, the ol 3L when cars raced Ford /vs Chevy

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roof numbers are upside down!

[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Si Allen:
Roof numbers are upside down!

[I Don t Know]

Short track cars numbers face the stands. They are scored as they pass the start/finish line. At a lot of tracks, the roof is all that's visible.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Si,

Roof numbers are according to the track's rules for the direction.
I just found out last week that they have also required that all door numbers be a minimum of 20 inches tall.

I think I could have some fun with that later this year.
Wonder what it would be like to see a driver lose the championship after being he was torn down on the final night and disqualified because his numbers were only 18 inches tall?

Like I said....FUN!
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, race cars, fastest way to tell the public you work for free... [Rolling On The Floor]

Did my share, and that's about the way it is, always w/the sob story, engine builder charged more than I thought, dog ate my homework, etc....the list of actual "customers" is almost miniscule compared to those of lesser means, but huge wants...than came vinyl, guess what? Nothings changed, same ol' dance, "What can you do for me?", "I'll let you put your name on car.", "I have 5 buddies waiting to see mine." Ya gotta love em, especially when YOU'RE the last one in the loop on rule changes...

But for some reason, race cars have a magnetic draw that pulls all self reasoning away from reality and the next thing you know, you're on your knees at 3:30am in some race shop, lettering as they load hauler...(once or twice, painter got loaded along w/car into or on trailer).....ok, I see it, ya, it's fun...

(btw rapid, get any grief from NAPA for change of corp. color on logo on qtr. of 02? - I know from experience, they're real touchy about that subject)

[Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray, I have seen SO MANY track rules specify a size for numbers. They think that by specifying a size that they are making the numbers legible to the scorers. Which we all know isn't the answer. A lot of times, depending on the car and space, I will include the drop outline, drop shadow, glow line, etc into the overall size dimension.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

"get any grief from NAPA for change of corp. color on logo on qtr. of 02? - I know from experience, they're real touchy about that subject"

The owner of the car OWNS a Napa store AND has a vinyl cutter in his shop he's never used.

I always used the logo on his cars in the past, but he decided to get his lettering online this year. He found out in a hurry what that cost him after he'd done the other quarter panel crooked, had to reorder them and took over a week to get shipped to him. If he stoves up the car, he probably won't get replacements in time for the following weekend.

The crying shame is he is one of my all time favorite customers to work with. Together we've built a reputation as one of the cars to beat at the show...and have placed or won almost every year for 2 decades.

All things come to and end...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Here' shots of the last few...

The now infamous "Plain Jane" car

-

Car show winner...

-

...and the hood...

-

Second place...

-
 -

The 21 car pictured above took third place in the show. Hey, if your gonna go out, do it on a high note. Always wanted to sweep a division and finally did. [Smile]

The "Superman" car took second place at another track. here's a better shot of the hood...

-

Kids trucks 2nd place
 -

Only one left to do and I'm teaming up with the only body guy I know who could be called a Letterhead in his own right. Brace yourselves. that one's gonna be the end all and I'm going out with a bang.

Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BeaUtiful work Ray

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Browning
Visitor
Member # 9116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Browning   Email John Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be fun to work on this kind of project. You really are talented. Thanks for showing the great pictures.

--------------------
John Browning
JBG John Browning Graphics
439 East St
Hebron CT

Posts: 75 | From: Hebron Ct | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!