Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Small town fun with Police vehicle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Small town fun with Police vehicle
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few pics of a 2009 Durango that our local police just had me jazz up.

I've been doing their stuff for years...they have 2 police vehicles - WOW! [Eek!] It's your typical small town USA...population approx 2,800.

The new Chief wanted something relatively simple... a lot less graphics than the previous car I did....

So I took their current patch -which was probably designed by the Mayor's nephew - and revamped it...keeping the same basic shield shape.

Printed all the graphics digitally on reflective...and I think it turned out tasteful...

Anyway, here it is for your review...contrast on the shield isn't the greatest...I kept getting a reflection across it when trying to take the pics.

Edit: I should add - the chief wanted VERY subtle...and didn't want a patch on the vehicle at all, but felt he had to have something. So requested I keep it all small and simple.

-

-

-

-

[ December 31, 2008, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd, that is nothing short of outstanding. [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

I really like the faux trim piece....very, very classy!

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work again Todd!!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its amazing what someone with talent and a willingness to listen to his client can do.

Nice work, Todd! [Applause]

BTW, just so you know I'll be stealing that idea about the faux bar from you in the near future. [Smile]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple and effective with money in your pocket.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like It!! Simple & Classy

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#1 job Todd. Crisp & Clean.

I too like the way you did the trim along with the shield.

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Bull Sign & Custom
Visitor
Member # 1876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Bull Sign & Custom   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Bull Sign & Custom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How classy is that..though i hate to see reversed text on bonnets err hoods
nice job
Terry

--------------------
Terry Bull
Sign & Custom
Grays Essex England

www.signandcustom.webeden.co.uk
www.pinheadlounge.com/terry

Posts: 317 | From: Grays ,Essex ,England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys!

Thank you for the positive comments! [Big Grin]

I too questioned the 'reverse' POLICE decal on the hood....but, he insisted on it.... LOL.

I guess I didn't show a picture from the back...but there is a small "POLICE" on the rear liftgate just below the license area...I'd have preferred that was in a different location too, and perhaps larger.... but he wanted to keep it understated.

All in all I am pretty pleased with the outcome.

Here's a better picture of the actual Photoshop file of the shield that I designed:

-

Thanks again for your comments and support folks!

Have a great weekend!!

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Diaz
Resident

Member # 5913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Joseph Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it. Love the effects and the clean and crisp look to it.

--------------------
Joe Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave.
Pontiac, IL 61764
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 538 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very tasteful! The sheild is great!

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd, I e-mailed you hope it went through on the address I had for you.

It has not returned so it should go through.

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Sam - that's strange.... I got your email, and replied as soon as I received it. You never got it?

Hmmmmm. Let me try and resend it...and thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet and clean Todd. If you ever need a good vector of our dear state's seal, let me know. We designed the new DNR logo a number of years ago and got a clean one from the state somehow.
 -

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1356 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, clean, and professional...I thought the trim line was real until I read in one of the post that it was faux...I think I need to get out of my basement more often.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Thanks guys! It was fun... and for a change, easy to install and uncomplicated.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is a perfect example as to how much better a design like that looks compared to the average wrap job.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, Todd- I like the sharp gravel texture in the background of the badge, especially.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Well, thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

You know it's funny you mention the 'wrap' thing Bill, because at first, when the client said he wanted something simple, subtle....I thought, "What?!....they should be doing something really bold and custom."

But after doing it, I thought, "Jeesh, that actually looks pretty tasteful."

So, sometimes the customer IS right... and I might take a more discerning look at how I do future jobs.

Not everything needs to be a siren blasting and a dog on fire.

Thanks again guys.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!