Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Hotlines Shop Truck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hotlines Shop Truck
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm posting this for Joey, it's his Astro van..

The main design is candy green with dark lime skulls every few inches, the spears are candy blue and pearl orange, then clearcoated, striped and lettered using Gold Ultra-leaf vinyl with a hand painted orange outline. The secondary copy is orange vinyl.

-
 -

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking truck there joey [Cool]

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was just a straight line guy?

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good.

I'd like to see a closer view of the detail.

I like the words "show quality" in tastefully conveying your work. Great way to target the right kind of customer.

Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to be the Devil here, but I find it very difficult to read...especially from a distance. If the fundamental purpose here is identification, I find that there are too many colours that have the same relative tonal value as the background they're sitting against.Not enough contrast, so very little stands out.

If the purpose is to be simply "decorative", then perhaps the identification factor isn't soo important.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken,

I think the point of this one is to get people to move in close to read it, forcing them to see the quality of the lines and the fine details like the gold leaf and the skulls which are not distinctive enough to see from a few feet away.

Show stuff is viewed from a few inches away, sometimes even with magnifying glasses, to pick out the most minor details.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken, actually the main layout which is the design and Hotlines is plenty bright and readable. The small lettering is secondary and only there until I figure out the actual style I want to use.

The way I looked at it yesterday maybe different from the way I see it tomorrow.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good. ONly one thing I would change. A little bolder outline around Hotlines.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a question of whether it's meant to be cool, or whether it's meant to advertise. Is it cool? I think so. Would I be able to read it at a distance? probably not because of the lack of contrast between the green and gold. I'm not sure about that "H" though.

But,..... I'm one of those guys that likes "cool" looking stuff, so I think it looks good.

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 911 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Joey

This does nothing for me.

I don't know if it says Fotlines,Eotlines or what....
No depth to the Graphics..Good Solid(Outline) that will take you to look twice because it looks nice!

The choice of colours is your choice.
But were is the rest of the Blue/Purple to help enhance the work?

I know you and I do not agree on many things!
But this one is not something that I would use.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry But it does nothing for me either. Your style is traditional but your logo looks like something off of fast and the furious. Dont get me wrong if that was what you were after sorry but I feel you could come up with something alot more killer.

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Steve and Ryan as it does need more and will have it. Its just that its been raining here and my shop is at full speed at the moment. I installed the vinyl for the second copy which will be replaced by hand work. Should have let you know but then again, whats the difference?

--------------------

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honest to God I was biting my tongue on this one.... I really was. Cause I KNOW Joey can do so much More than this. But I have to give high remarks for having the Guts to try something Radical and Different and I bet that's what he was trying to do. And there's nothing worse than doing something for yourself.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Allan
Visitor
Member # 52

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Allan   Author's Homepage   Email CJ Allan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmmmmm...........

NOWHERE did I see Joey ask for any opinions or critiques on this job............

But I'll guarantee ya the quality won't be matched by more tha a small handful, anywhere........
You guys "OBVIOUSLY" have never seen any of his work or any of his work in progress......

DID anyone read the part where he said He AIN'T DONE.......??? Naw..hell no..more fun to type than read......!!

Joey..........Traditional......???
hahahahahah not in this lifetime..........

............cj

--------------------
CJ Allan
CJs Engraving
982 English Dr.
Hazel, KY 42049

www.cjs-engraving.com

Posts: 1284 | From: Hazel, KY. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Nesbitt
Visitor
Member # 3292

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ted Nesbitt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good to me. Granted "It's not MY style man...", and it doesn't scream at ya like a full block 12" high would----but, what was he intending to do? If the idea is to catch someones eye and 'draw them in close' to see the detail, then perhaps it'll be more successful than we all think. It's not a plumbers van after all....

One thing to remember, it's a PHOTO, on the net no less! Methinks it might be a little more impactful if the van was right in front of you...so often, photos, even good ones, do great work an injustice.

--------------------
Ted Nesbitt
ND Graphic Products Limited

Posts: 232 | From: Toronto, ON | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right Ted, you often can't pick out the detail on a job, good or bad.
Did you get my E-mail?

And CJ Is right about Joeys Talent, I've seen it before and it's awesome! But if you post a shot of work that you did, on the net, don't you kind of expect to get feedback? Is'nt that why we do it? For the Attaboys mostly, but constructive critizm is also important.
If you don't want no one to critique it, just don't post it.
All this said with the highest respect.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Allan
Visitor
Member # 52

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Allan   Author's Homepage   Email CJ Allan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......again.. [Smile]

I was under the impression that this is the "PORTFOLIO" page......Not the critique page......!!

This place is advertised as the "Online Letterhead Meet".......
and I'm pretty sure that nobody goes to a meet and starts picking apart anyones Portfolio........

I can see it now...........
Go to a big Meet.....
Pick up someones Portfolio........
and say..........
"Hey Man.....Yer werk don't do squat fer me...Ya need ta do this, or do that.....then I might like it.....Maybe" ...........Hahahahah

Maybe we just need to all get on the same page......Is this a Portfolio Page..or a pick apart page...??

If someone "ASKS" for opinions......that's one thing.....I have no problem trying to help in any way I can.......
If NOT ASKED...........well...!!

I do know one thing.......
If ya see Joeys van in person, it ain't anything like the pics....!!

.........cj

--------------------
CJ Allan
CJs Engraving
982 English Dr.
Hazel, KY 42049

www.cjs-engraving.com

Posts: 1284 | From: Hazel, KY. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOWHERE did I see Joey ask for any opinions or critiques on this job...........

{ This is the bullboard and I do beleave it is expected that you will get honest friendly critiques or praises of your work. That is why we post it here and not on a free photo album with pictures of puppys and someones grandkids at the beach. I post here knowing this . You must have HONEST critiqes to grow in your work}

But I'll guarantee ya the quality won't be matched by more tha a small handful, anywhere........

{ Damnn right! From what I have seen Joey is a great striper and is always tring to help others learn the art of hand striping.}

You guys "OBVIOUSLY" have never seen any of his work or any of his work in progress....

{ Doesnt change my opinion of the work as I see it NOW}

DID anyone read the part where he said He AIN'T DONE.......??? Naw..hell no..more fun to type than read......!!

{Yea I read it I still thought it would not hurt to give my oppinion on the work.FUN! NO! This comment ****ses me off CJ becouse you dont know me I am not here to belittle anyone.

Joey..........Traditional......???
hahahahahah not in this lifetime..........
{ handpainted stripes are not cutting edge technology.
{If you go to Joeys site you will only see hand painted jobs that have no resembleance to decals. That is what I think the van looks like, Decals.}

I made my post with respect. Joey and I have been playing phone tag for the last day becouse he asked if I would elaborate on my oppinions of the job. He has said nothing about being ticked off at me or anyone else.

I hope you dont take this as an aggresive reply CJ the only part that buggs me is the part were you seem to think I was doing this for fun and you were completely wrong. I hate that I have not met you in person. If we had you would know me a little more so we can have conversations with each other like this without someone getting poed.
I shoot from the hip and respect you for the same reasons. See ya later bud.

[ May 01, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Ryan E Young ]

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

EVERY time I have been to a meet someone has had advise for me.It didnt make me mad It is why I go to meets! A slam is one thing but I see nothing wrong with these post.

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

Winter Muster 2004

CJ Allan
Visitor
Member # 52

With all your vast experience I guess you can say anything ya want..........

Ya just drive up here and tellin everyone what's what..........That's cool !!

As far as what I say ****ing you off.........
Oh Well.............!!

--------------------
CJ Allan
CJs Engraving
982 English Dr.
Hazel, KY 42049

www.cjs-engraving.com

Steve Aycock
Visitor
Member # 3612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Aycock   Email Steve Aycock       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure would like to see a photo of that work as close up as possible I think I'm missing a lot of the details.

L8tr,

Steve

--------------------
Steve Aycock Designs
3489 Oswald St.
Johns Island, SC
zaor@warpdriveonline.com

Posts: 124 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 14 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe guys, and I mean this with all respect, choosing your words more constructively would make it seem more that you are trying to help than being overly critical. Read your responses and then ask yourself if those were directed at you, would you consider them as critiques by your peers, or merely off hand comments that did nothing to help you in your quest for perfection in your work. Thats the way I always guage my responses to someone elses work. How can I be of help, without being critical enough to come off sounding like a taco bell supervisor. [Smile]
Although I think this page is mainly set up to show work off, as shown by the name "Portfolio Page', it does have the reputation of being more of the "Critique Page" than the latter.
Im not talking about giving what one responder classified as "verbal handjobs", but adjust your wording and criticisms to be taken as more of a help than a hindrance.
And like some others here, I know joeys work, and it definitely is tops, and to me that includes this work pictured here. Id love to see it in person.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ May 05, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Mark Fair Signs ]

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

As you all know, I ain't here for a personality contest. Whether you like or don't like my color selection, my design or the fact that I've mixed paint with vinyl doesn't confront me. All I know is whatever my combination is, it works for me. Although the secondary copy is small, its also removable. I've had phone conversations with those who both like or dislike the fact that I've used vinyl, but in my world, I use what works. I certainly could have done it in gold leaf and wasted more time and energy trying to make it blurt out at you, but I've always liked this foil for vehicles.

If your bag is to critique my work remember this, I don't copy anyones work, I create my own, I design everything and use my eye for color as well as size. There was more then just me doing this, John Peterman cut the mask as well as cleaning up my penciled sketch for the design and the lettering. The main design uses HoK candy colors and PPG Radiance for the orange pearl and was done by a skilled custom painter, most of this paint is a 3 part system, base coat in metallic gold and silver with transparent candies then a clearcoat over the whole vans side panel, done in a real spray booth. The van will be striped by hand by me of course and aluminum leaf for its front and rear designs and side wrap-around in 1/4 inch lines. Down the road I'll probably remove the secondary copy and do it by hand, as I just wanted to see what it would look like before execution.

I appreciate all the thoughts whether good or bad from persons here. When I do my work, I like to involve persons who specialize in making dreams reality, no matter if they are mine or my customers projects, as I'm just a pinstriper who doesn't conform to the rest of you.

Everything I own or do is different, thats just me its the way I've always been. My customers have always loved my color selection, my designs and the fact that its not your humdrum everyday style that most vehicle artists take from their mentors. I been doing this for a long time and although I may not as famous as your heros, I can assure you, your heros know who I am.

Thats all I have to say.

--------------------

Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right C.J.
This is a picture page only.

Sorry for any sour notes on my part.

Nice Work! Joey.
I will have to Learn to say this to every post I see....
[Cool]

[ May 02, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Stephen Deveau ]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

With all due respect and NO sarcasm you guys may be right. This is only the portfolio page and I may be looking at it wrong. I will nolonger comment on a post unless It is asked. For anyone who is interrested if I ever post I will always ask for for oppinions good or bad as long as it is honest and respectfull. Joey doesnt seem to be irritated but others here have pointed out that this is not a critique page and I will try to remember that.

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

Winter Muster 2004

Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While having the greatest respect for people, and their sensitivities.

Why just limit yourself to patting people on the back, if you see ways to help each other improve.
whether here or at aŽlive meet.

The day I stop learning or improving is the day to close the shop doors.

Life itself is a great adventure, and a long learning curve, that's part of the fun of coming here, and learning from others and trying to help where you can.

If that's with fabrication, technique, colour combination, layout skills or execution of them why be shy about making honest comments, we all see things differently in life, and we're not sheep.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

God Know's I've done Job's that did'nt come out quite the way I thought. Have you ever done a Job and size it up and then rip it off the Vehicle and re-do the entire job, with out the customer Knowing? I sure have.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Henry,Neil..

(RIGHT ON!)

Always looking for a second pair of "EYES."
With my projects.

I believe that most of us here are(Tough Skinned) to take opinion!
I hope Joey is as well.....

Love to see the final Brush Stroke.
I am sure it will be a...Fineline by Hotline....
[Eek!]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Rob McCauley
Visitor
Member # 2735

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Rob McCauley   Email Rob McCauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, and I thought it was gettin' ugly over my cigar sign post....scheeesh! This guy does this $hit for a livin' and folks are ripping him. [Eek!] Now I don't feel so bad for the abuse that poor design student got. Just glad I didn't design it or I might have hung myself after some of those comments.

No comment on this design...

Post at your own discretion around here I guess [Wink]

--------------------
Rob McCauley

Production Manager
Archway Graphic Designs
a Division of Sign Express, Inc.
www.signexpress.tv
Little Rock, Ar
--- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. ;-)

Posts: 53 | From: Little Rock, Ar | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if somebody has the balls to post their work after it is finished or almost finished....people shouldn't rip it apart. Who are we helping?

It is different when somebody posts a design and actually asks for help.

But that is just my opinion. [Razz]

Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Burns
Visitor
Member # 268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Burns   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Burns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever this applies to......"YER MUTHA WEARS ARMY SHOES!!!!"

--------------------
Bob Burns

www.vondutch.freeservers.com

Posts: 2121 | From: Prescott, Arizona, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I'm just sick and tired of triangles and ovals, rectangles and BS from every non talented person that uses clipart or copies from one or another. I haven't said anything negative to others in a long time and as a pinstriper, just because I don't use the 15% Mike Stevens spoke about, some think I cannot do signage. So I guess I'm thankful that this design doesn't fall into anyones catagory [Smile] and I'm happy with that and the fact that I also don't live in their world. I forgot to mention that the word Hotlines can be read clearly at over 100 feet with the 1/8" outline for definition, and at night under the street lamps comes out at you like shining armor. The response from people I don't even know, who stop and ask for my business card shows me that I haven't lost my touch for both color and design, and still got it in me to stop them dead. I find that signage on a vehicle no matter how pretty looks best when the vehicle itself has the right stance as well as the correct wheels and tires. Without custom touches, no one really wants to look and therefore does not catch ones eye. To those who like it, I say thank you and to those who don't I say, show me what ya got!

--------------------

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i think ya shoulda painted it plum crazy purple, corvette yellow and sub-lime green!!!!! and lettered it with circus style letters...hehehehehehehehehehhehehe..but then it would look like my truck...hahahahahahaah ryan....dont let it get ya...i did the same thing couple month back...new vinyl person put her company truck up here....and i said it was nice BUT.... and boy did i catch hell!!!!!hahahaha

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Joey !

Good looking truck!

gold leaf is hard to photograph and I bet the right angle realy jumps off the truck.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chad Harrington
Visitor
Member # 61

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Harrington   Email Chad Harrington       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we'll even though this is apparently not allowed....i will express my opinion on the image as well................
I like it... It's really Modern looking, Not too FAST and Furious, but a hint of it, the colors work well together, I don't see the big fuss..... I'm Going to say this is a great Cutting edge layout, with some Old school flare.
it's a nice blend...

although i do agree the H is a little confusing, But it really doesn't matter. it makes you think...and if you have to think a little, then you'll probably remeber it.
anyhow.. Whatever.

--------------------
Chad harrington
Chadvertising
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Posts: 52 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha Ha Ha... talk about a double standard CJ, on May first at 12:22 pm you wrote
quote:
If it was me........I'd chase that thing down ......get it back........and burn the SOB.....!!

I'm speaking from some long hard earned experience here, and am only trying to point ya in the right direction, so you won't make the same mistakes again...!!

Actually..........You're lucky you showed that thing here....and got a couple GOOD HONEST & WELL MEANT critiques from some folks that know !!

Hope this helps........cj

"DAMN......."
I just went back and read Cam's posts a couple more times.............
Cam....Can I copy and paste those responses..??

& 4 hours later you wrote
quote:
I was under the impression that this is the "PORTFOLIO" page......Not the critique page......!!
oh yeah CJ, I remember another recent thread where some "cut & paste" was done with your words in good natured fun. For the record, I have no other point except good natured fun.

I will admit I noticed that the first topic you replied to did say "questions/comments" after posting the pic. One could believe that makes all manner of savage critique perfectly acceptable.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

With Respect to all concerned. This is a Portfolio page, what's the sense in posting any thing on this page if you are'nt going to get feed back, either Positive or negative, we have to be able to take the critisizm, like a professional, with-out getting our underwear up our chinker, lol. Imagine someone posting a shot of their work and nobody replies. If no one replies, then I believe that's the worst that can happen, We all can't be Sign Gods all the time.
Just my Canadian 2 cents worth.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

CJ Allan
Visitor
Member # 52

Nice work Joey...as always....
I know why ya posted it here, but it seems obvious that most don't..... [Smile]

Double Standards.??

I think not.....

Doug.......Did you see the part where the guy "Asked" for opinions...?? Hmmmmmmmm
and he got em.........That design SUCKED OUT LOUD.......The quality of the work was never in question......and "HE ASKED

If someone "Doesn't ASK".....then I treat it like their portfolio on the table at a live meet !!

Now if you can find a Double Standard in that....it's beyond me.

Neil.....
I think the confusion may come from the name of this page......."Portfolio TABLE".....
not "Page"..............maybe, Hell i dunno... [Smile]

........cj

[ May 06, 2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: CJ Allan ]

--------------------
CJ Allan
CJs Engraving
982 English Dr.
Hazel, KY 42049

www.cjs-engraving.com

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CJ if you read my post to the end you will see where I wrote:
quote:
I will admit I noticed that the first topic you replied to did say "questions/comments" after posting the pic. One could believe that makes all manner of savage critique perfectly acceptable.
I may have missed the part where he "asked" us to rip him a new one. But hey, he took it in stride with no evidence of panty bunching. Maybe he's got something to teach some of the folks here too.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!