Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Transfer tape-help tip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Transfer tape-help tip
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 14 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are still using paper transfer tape, please try the clear. Transfer rite makes it.
It is a little more expensive, but you will save time and money by using it. We use it exclusively, and where larger applications took two people, we can easily handle it with only one person. You have to try it to see the big difference, it seems to actually help you do a better job.
Bill Riedel

------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
Little Ferry, NJ
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelli
Visitor
Member # 248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelli   Author's Homepage   Email Kelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another transfer tape tip with a bit of recycling thrown in. When I get material like aluminum that comes with a clear protective film on it, I save the film on an empty vinyl roll. When I get a job that requires color registration, I whip a sheet of the clear film off my roll and place it on an empty picture frame that I bought just for this purpose. I secure the edges with those large butterfly type clips and then position my frame with the tacky side of the film face down, of course, over the unmasked vinyl. I use a roller to press the film firmly onto the vinyl and then flip the frame over to remove the vinyl backing. I then position the frame over the banner and roll firmly again to adhere the vinyl to the material. Carefully pull the frame away from the banner and proceed to follow the same steps with the next layer of vinyl. The film is clear, which makes it a breeze to line up the colors, and it can be used MANY times if you take care when rolling and removing it. You can also make your own frames that can easily be re-sized by using canvas stretcher bars. Remember that the frame size should be several inches larger than the vinyl graphic.
I know of at least one professional version of this contraption, and it works better than my home-made copy. I'm not sure if they advertise here, but it is one cool tool.

------------------
Kelli Cajigas aka Janda
Dolphin deSigns Key West

Posts: 449 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!