Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Marketing Tips and Tricks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marketing Tips and Tricks
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Heads,

Here is a great way to target your customers!
We Edge Print magnetic cards ( much larger than business cards) and place 10 at a time on our business vehicle ( that would be 5 on each side)

A sticker permanently stuck to the window invites passerbys to help themselves to a free magnetic card.

Once a week we have to place another 10 on the van....and believe me this little gimmick has opened new doors to new business!

post other marketing tips below this post
post other sign tips under available catagories or start your own catagory if they don't exist yet...thanks

------------------
Go Get 'Em..... :)
AKA Raptorman on #Letterheads mIRC Chat
Draper The Signmaker
Bloomington Illinois USA

Proud 2-yr. $upporter of this Web Site (May 1999-May 2001)

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post 
What a great idea!! I am going to do that! Thanks!!! :O)
Oops! I got so excited I forgot to mention that when I had my shop, I put a small business card holder outside full of cards so people could help themselves to one too.

------------------
Cheryl Nordby "surf" signs by Cheryl!
"surfsigns"
a hop and skip from Seattle
surfsigns@excite.com

ICQ# 36992184

[This message has been edited by cheryl nordby (edited January 24, 2000).]

Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY DAVE!! I thought of that too recently, only I don't have a edge printer. When I go into any business I part my van (all lettered up nicely, thanks to Ron Percell!!)
in a prominate place and stick a couple of biz cards in the side window of the van.
With the rain lately I haven't been able to do this, will play around with some ideas and see what I can come up with.
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.rainkatt.com

"This I have learned so far....1/16th inch letters are really hard to weed!"
>^,,^<
836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@rainkatt.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gailforce
Visitor
Member # 152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gailforce   Author's Homepage   Email Gailforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like this idea, too. I love fridge magnets, so, car magnets gotta be even better.

------------------
"I gave it all up for this?"
Gailforce Graphics
Squamish, BC, Canada

Posts: 590 | From: Squamish, BC, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great idea! Definitely user friendly!
I'm looking for someone (either in my area or any of the Letterheads ) to sell to me designs using the Gerber Edge.
I realize that some shops have these and wonder if anyone does sell this type of thing to the trade. I would like to have some of these business cards to do this and also a lot more of similar product to sell. Since I have been crunched for time, this may bring a bit more profit in to pay bills.
I have a fellow competitor here down the road that has an Edge but he will not sell anything to me unless he has the whole job and that means my customer. I really need to have some access to buy this service and cannot afford an Edge.
Much thanks,
Deb,Creative Signs
e-mail dfo7503884@aol.com

------------------
Deborah Fowler
Creative Signs

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Del Badry
Visitor
Member # 114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Del Badry   Email Del Badry       Edit/Delete Post 
Love the idea, however, my work van is a Pontiac Transport and the body is made of plastic... hmmmmmmmm maybe static cling......

------------------
Del "aka" badge
trimline@telusplanet.net
Holden, Alberta

Posts: 636 | From: Sylvan Lake, Alberta | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!