Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » 40,000 RIVITS LATER!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 40,000 RIVITS LATER!!!
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it was actually only 39,200 rivits but close enough. Just finished this contract on 100 trailers this morning. I just had to figure out how many rivits were involved. Turns out there were 392 rivits being covered with vinyl on the last trailer. So if you want to learn how to deal with rivits in a hurry..just take on a hundred trailers..you will learn in a hurry!!!!

Below are a couple of pics (hope they aren't too big, still tryin to figure out this digital camera) one is the nighttime pic and one is the daytime pic. This job was pretty simple as far as design (it was an existing format) but the use of the reflective outlining is pretty obviously a big PLUS as far as the safety concerns of the customer are concerned. (despite the fact it was expensive to buy and a pain to apply). It apparently also saved the customer almost as much as the entire job in insurance premiums!!! (just something you might want to suggest to your customers)

For those who are interested... the total job ended up costing the customer $2.00 per rivit!!

There is hope for the "little guy"!!!!

------------------
Dave Grundy shop#340
AKA "applicator" on mIRC
"stickin' sticky stuff to valuable vessels and vehicles!"
in Granton, Ontario, Canada
1-519-225-2634
dave.grundy@odyssey.on.ca
www.odyssey.on.ca/~dave.grundy
"A PROUD $ supporter of the website"

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wizsigns
Visitor
Member # 778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wizsigns   Author's Homepage   Email Wizsigns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you said that many rivets I thought it was a loads of frogs having a get together in the swamp.

------------------
David Allen
Wizard Signs - It's a kind of magic!
ICQ 3467358
Email wizsigns@esatclear.ie
ICQ Pager 3467358@pager.icq.com
www.esatclear.ie/~davidallen/wizard.htm
Resident of Letterville

Posts: 280 | From: Virginia, Co. Cavan, Ireland | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Veenema
Visitor
Member # 833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Veenema   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Veenema   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So that's what you've been up to! Sorry we never had time to give you a hand..ha ha
No I'm not really sorry...just thinkin' about all those rivets!
Looks great Dave!

------------------
Dennis Veenema
The Sign Shop
Dresden, Ont.
"We Sign Everything"

Posts: 368 | From: Dresden, Ont.,CAN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vinal Wizzard R
Visitor
Member # 476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vinal Wizzard R   Email Vinal Wizzard R   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Dave, They look great at night too!

------------------
Al Checca
934 Wood Street
Latrobe PA. 15650
724-532-3245

Home of Rolling Rock Beer , Mister Rogers,Arnold Palmer, And the First ever banana split made!

I too am a proud supporter of this site!!!

Posts: 151 | From: Latrobe P.A. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 14 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have posted this already, but where it went I'll never know.

Good work Dave..I kick my butt for not having gone the extra distance to give u a hand with a couple of them monsters....

------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere aka Fergie.

http://www.cancom.net/~mlfergie

mlfergie@cancom.net
Chapleau, Ontario home of "The World's Largest Game Preserve"
Winter is near,in Shania Country. Farewell Mosquito, here comes the Snow!

[This message has been edited by J & N Signs (edited November 25, 1999).]

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GREAT JOB Dave!!!!!!

now send me that million $$$$ you owe me!

hahahahahaha

Just kidding

------------------
Go Get 'Em..... :)
AKA Raptorman on #Letterheads mIRC Chat
Draper The Signmaker
Bloomington Illinois USA

Proud 2-yr. $upporter of this Web Site (May 1999-May 2001)

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave,

Does this mean you're gonna splurge for Corel 9 you upgrade maniac you?

Congrats on the contract! Congrats on a job well done! My sympathy for your sore feet.

------------------
Graphic Impact
located in BC Canada
gisigns@sprint.ca

The end of the year is near... are your taxes in Letterville due?

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger bailey   Author's Homepage   Email roger bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of these days you'll try "WET" application and you won't have to work into the NIGHT !! Roger

------------------
ROGER

Posts: 3020 | From: Merlin Oregon | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave........Can I borrow some money??? tee hee.........Nice sign order!

------------------
Cheryl Nordby "surf" (previously Cheryl Bianchi)
signs and lines
"surfsigns"
a hop and skip from Seattle
supersurfs@email.msn.com
ICQ# 36992184

Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!