Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Mirror, Mirror On The Wall, Who Has The Neatest Sign Shop Of Them ALL?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mirror, Mirror On The Wall, Who Has The Neatest Sign Shop Of Them ALL?
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We haven't seen a good thread in recent times of the Letterville sign shops. I thought this would be a fun time to show off your crib.

Post pics below and see where this goes! [Smile]

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ernie Balch
Resident

Member # 3545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ernie Balch   Author's Homepage   Email Ernie Balch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave great idea, except I would have to clean up the shop before taking photos. Maybe that should be my New Years Resolution.

ernie

--------------------
Ernie Balch
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY
518-885-9899

Posts: 405 | From: Malta, NY | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neat Sign Shop?
That is an oxymoron to me!
My office ain't so bad. Just dusty.
But the garage is a disaster and I have a meet in a few weeks.
Since the 20-year-old moved back home, I have to red up his crap for 2 hours each time before I can paint. The floor is his toolbox!
There are 2 defunct Fords taking up both bays.
Never fear, I am gonna turn into a white tornado and clean like crazy.
Then, I might take pictures!
Love- JILL [Wink]

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neat AND clean????
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahha
hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhaha
hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhaha
hahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahaaaaaaaa
aaa...

Ya gotta be kidding!

[FYI]

[ December 28, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Si Allen ]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who said anything about clean? Neat doesn't mean tidy...or does it? [Smile]

C'mon everyone, post a pic of your .... er...dump! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Rees   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Rees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not gonna do it Dave.
We had hopelessly outgrown our workspace before we ever moved in, and it has only gotten worse the last 5 years. Neat isn't even on the radar screen. Now if you had said "share ONE place in your shop that is neat and organized" I might have been able to find a few square inches.

Get back to me around March or April when our NEW shop will be ready. Still mighty compact, but we're planning it for efficiency and building each workspace for specific tasks. Maybe then I'll be ready to play.

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)
http://www.capecraft.com
e-mail: joe@capecraft.com

SONGPAINTER Original Sign Music by Sign People NOW AVAILABLE on CD and the proceeds go to Letterville's favorite charity!
Click Here for Sound Clips!

Posts: 1974 | From: Orleans, MA, Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

Right now the place looks like a tornado hit it after all the refitting and being slowed down with injuries the past few months, so no pics.

If you mean neat as in "neato keen place to work" I can't gripe too much.
I wish I had more room, too, but mountain views, quiet location and neighborly atmosphere make it a great place to be.
Especially the friendly waves and horn tooting as folks drive by. The best days are spent in the summer working out in the driveway, getting the fresh air and having folks drop by who I haven't seen in a while. Much better than my annual habit of hibernating in the shop all winter. (I think I was a bear in a past life [Big Grin] )

Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre St.Marie
Visitor
Member # 1462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pierre St.Marie   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre St.Marie       Edit/Delete Post 
Neat?? That lets me out.

--------------------
Pierre St.Marie
Stmariegraphics
Kalispell,Mt
www.stmariegraphics.com
------------------
Plan on knowing everything before I die and time's running out!

Posts: 4223 | From: Kalispell,Mt 59903 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aahhhhh .... thanks for posting this Dave.
Let's me know that I'm not in the minority on the neat shop thing. Mine is laffable, but cryable when trying to get anything done.

Dave got me a shed for Christmas. Perhaps not such a romantic gift, but he certainly scored points! [Smile] I wouldn't think of clicking a pic of my shop before filling my shed first.

My vote on the best shops I've actually visited would be Rick Sacks! I would model mine after his. Ones I've seen from pictures would be Nancy and Noella's in Cornwall, unbelievably spacious and organized, without missing any beats on the cool factor. Gary Anderson's ... very warm, inviting, and just basically neat, and then I just loved what I've seen of Donna's setup.

Kissy and Dan, now they are an inspiration too.

Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not scared to show some pics. I love to look at others shops. My shop is an old mill house that I moved to my property and turned it into my cozy studio. I am a neat freak when it comes to my shop. A few things have changed since the last time I posted pics of my shop. Some will remember it looked like more like a traditional sign, wood shop last time. I have added a paint booth and the old shop dog Lucky is gone. Man he has been gone for a while and writing the last sentence put a lump in the old throat. I guess I have been so busy that it kind of never sunk in until I thought of the old pic of the shop with him on the floor. Man I miss that stupid dog more than I thought.

-

-

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan, that's the spirit. Nice cozy cubby. And tidy! [Smile]

--------------------

Troy Haas
Visitor
Member # 472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Haas   Email Troy Haas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought at first you ment "Neat" as in "Cool" shops. Here is a pic of my shop before I had to close it.

-

It is an old Firehouse that was built back in the 1800's

Kinda "Neat"....

--------------------
Troy "Metalleg" Haas
626 Kingswood Dr
Evansville,In 47715

Posts: 1100 | From: Evansville,Indiana, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Troy,
I can't believe it! There's Don Hulsey's car in front of your shop and my old mini van parked by the building on the right. That was a great meet. [Smile]

--------------------

Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love looking at pics of other peoples workspaces.
We are renovating a house/shop right now, and I'll post pics in a couple of months when we move in. I can't wait to have extra room!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've linked to these same few whenever this sort of topic comes up... so most of you've seen them, but you said "neat", so my neat-freak shop pics seem to be appropriate again.

-

-

-

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one showing 3 phases of the front door... the total chaos the day after I moved in (with tarp over window... then when my loft (& first floor ceiling) was still 12 feet short of permitting air-conditioning...
...then after the remodel pic, my current view looking out from my desk pictured in my other pics.
 -

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an old pic of our showroom & demo area.
 -

More photos can be seen here - Shop Photos
Warning, the photos are large and it might take a few minutes to load.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The shops pictured above seem a little TOO neat to me. Isn't any real work being done???

Here's a pic of our shop yesterday... Notice there's tools on the workbench, cause they are being used ! [Smile]

-

-dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Joiner
Visitor
Member # 1814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Joiner   Email Kathy Joiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here ya go (I hope)
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ December 29, 2003, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Kathy Joiner ]

--------------------
Kathy Joiner
River Road Graphics
41628 River Road
Ponchatoula, La.70454

Old enough to know better...Too young to resist.

Posts: 1891 | From: Ponchatoula, LA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Here is my shop:

-

and the rest of the photos are at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1e6xo/mysignshop

Click on the Thumbnails to enlarge pictures

Enjoy

[ December 29, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Dave Draper ]

--------------------

Ed Ryall
Visitor
Member # 3221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Ryall   Author's Homepage   Email Ed Ryall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just a part time airhead ... shop uro paint ... shop waterbase

[ December 29, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Ed Ryall ]

--------------------
REBEL with a cause, and a loaded Airbrush!

Posts: 73 | From: Ruthven Ont. Can. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i certainly don't have the neatest shop...hey it's a shop [Razz]
 -  -

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Nuttle
Visitor
Member # 2645

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Steve Nuttle   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Nuttle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much but here ya go! Jackson Signs at it's finest.

-  -  -  -

--------------------
Steve Nuttle,
http://wyocowboy.freeservers.com/index.html

Posts: 466 | From: Jackson Wy | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Mike Duncan asked me to post these of his shop.

Mike Duncan's shop:
 -

-

[ December 30, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Dave Draper ]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!