Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Get your tinsel!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Get your tinsel!
Jeff Spradling
Visitor
Member # 1615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Spradling   Email Jeff Spradling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get your tinsel for clear transmasking now while the tinsel gettin' is good! It's sometimes hard to find in the off season. I grab an extra package
after Christmas. [Cool]

Jeff

--------------------
Jeff's Lettering
Lisa,Luke,Dara, and Jeff Spradling
5742 Shattuck Rd. Belvidere, Il.
61008 815-544-0167

Surviving another day.

Posts: 626 | From: Belvidere, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure what you mean by clear transmasking. Could you please elaborate?

And here I was going to post I like using angel hair instead of tinsel! LOL Oh heck, since I'm already here, try it gang! Use tiny wisps of it around the lights on your tree. The tree appears to glow brighter. Amazing effect. Keep high and away from pets and kids though as it's made of glass.

Ok, now back to transmasking...

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Spradling
Visitor
Member # 1615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Spradling   Email Jeff Spradling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Donna,

If you stretch tinsel across what ever you use to dispense transmask so that when you pull the trans it goes under the tinsel it will remove static electricity. [Applause]
 -
I clip mine on so I can easily remove it to load the trans. If you use clear trans you know how much static it has. This will eliminate it.

Jeff

[ December 27, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Spradling ]

--------------------
Jeff's Lettering
61008 815-544-0167

Surviving another day.

Posts: 626 | From: Belvidere, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty neat idea there [Thanks]

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and purdy too. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Joiner
Visitor
Member # 1814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Joiner   Email Kathy Joiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, cool tip. Probably a good conversation piece for clients too! And yes, we do have static sometimes in soggy Louisiana.

--------------------
Kathy Joiner
River Road Graphics
41628 River Road
Ponchatoula, La.70454

Old enough to know better...Too young to resist.

Posts: 1891 | From: Ponchatoula, LA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had static build up on the mask when using my weber. Of course it would discharge to ground through me as I have a hold on it and I'm standing on the ground. Could it be your dispenser causing the static charge when you drag it over your cut pieces, then when you touch it you get the static charge?

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Spradling
Visitor
Member # 1615

Santo,

I don't think it the dispenser.I don't get any static with regular trans. When I started trying different types of clear I was having a terrible time with static. The clear trans I like the most is R-Tape AT-60 if you do multiple layers and use reg marks this stuff is great. I almost quit using it because of the static. It had a static problem with or without my trans machine. Then someone told me to try the tinsel...it's amazing how it removes the static. If you use clear trans try this you wont believe how well it works! [Cool]

Jeff

--------------------
Jeff's Lettering
61008 815-544-0167

Surviving another day.

Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool tip! Know exactly what you mean with the static. I hate using clear because of it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!