Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Christmas present for ya!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas present for ya!
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

It's not a font, but vector (ai 3.0) format typestyle. Finished the alphabet from the word "camel" in a mag ad.

click here to download the zip file

[ December 25, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Don Coplen ]

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that looks like a cool gift!
Unfortunately the link doesn't work. Could you try again?

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Link is fixed. I didn't realize it was case sensitive.

(My apologies in advance to Pierre and Grundy for editing the post.)

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre St.Marie
Visitor
Member # 1462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pierre St.Marie   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre St.Marie       Edit/Delete Post 
Editing?? [Dunno]

--------------------
Pierre St.Marie
Stmariegraphics
Kalispell,Mt
www.stmariegraphics.com
------------------
Plan on knowing everything before I die and time's running out!

Posts: 4223 | From: Kalispell,Mt 59903 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Thanks a bunch. One of these days your gonna have to write in a how to on that. I would love to be able to once in a while give away a little present like that. Thanks!!!!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3813 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha..that's funny..."light" and "full flavor". Thank you Don !

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don what a nice gift. thank you!

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Rees   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Rees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Don.
If somebody knows the correct (and exact) proceedure for making Don's graphic into a truetype font, please share it. I tried exporting one character at a time from Corel as a .ttf, and got hopelesly screwed up. Apparently there are precise conventions to follow in setting up a font that way. Anybody know the particulars?

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)
http://www.capecraft.com
e-mail: joe@capecraft.com

SONGPAINTER Original Sign Music by Sign People NOW AVAILABLE on CD and the proceeds go to Letterville's favorite charity!
Click Here for Sound Clips!

Posts: 1974 | From: Orleans, MA, Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Schmidt
Resident

Member # 2337

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Linda Schmidt   Email Linda Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don- That is so generous of you..... thanks a bunch for sharing. [Thanks]

--------------------
Linda Schmidt
Vital D'Signs
Greers Ferry, AR
signlady@ozarkisp.net

Posts: 160 | From: Greers Ferry, AR | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Can somebody who knows a bit about fontographer give me a little help? I'm trying to paste the letters from Illustrator to Fontographer and only coming up with a bitmap of the charactor, with none of the vector stuff.

I've tried saving as both ai and eps, and have tried all the version options...with the same results.

I've done this in the past, and it worked fine. I've also dumped my preferences files from Fontographer, which didn't help, either.

Been skimming over the Fontographer user manual, which hasn't helped (guess ya figured that or I wouldn't be posting LOL)

--------------------

Dave Parr
Visitor
Member # 3868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Parr   Email Dave Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don,
I did a few characters from a bit of artwork, I found somewhere the other day, in Font Creator 4. The characters were vectored but not .ttf. When imported the vector information went pretty squirrelly, it worked better to import as a raster image. So everything had to be re-vectored, or the equivalent to, (the points, curves etc.) in the Font Creator 4 program. Do the help files refer to he vectored work as glyphs? Importing glyphs?

--------------------
Dave Parr
Sign Painter
USA

Posts: 709 | From: USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

I know that fontographer will let ya paste vector work into it's font template...intact (not squirrelly [Wink] ). But, for whatever reason it's not letting me do it this time. I'm too new to the program to see what I'm doing differently.

Glyphs? Sounds painful. [Eek!]

--------------------

Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don, I've posted you a very raw TTF and Type1 that should work on a PC (haven't teested them). I'll send you the FOG file so you can make a MAC version.
If you would rather figure it out for yourself don't bother to open the files. I could tell you how to do it if you were working on a PC but the I believe the import is slightly different on a MAC. ie you can cut and paste. Sorry if you know this already but, you must import a bounding box with a letter, or group of letters, (to keep things relative) which will not exceed the maximum space available when the caps are enlarged to about 690 ems (in this case). And, be sure you are importing onto the outline layer".

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
Chesham, Buckinghamshire,
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don,

I've also emailed you a rough TTF file, although I made mine in CorelDRAW.. the nice thing is, I know it works (the joys of working in Corel, realtime font updates as you add characters) but there are a few glitches like some baselines being *slightly* misaligned from letter to letter (probably barely noticeable) and kerning is off a bit (but who uses the "factory" kerning anyways?).

I even named it "Camel Light" [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Parr
Visitor
Member # 3868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Parr   Email Dave Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was chat the other night and low & behold I heard sleigh bells ringing & this deep HO, Ho, ho-ing & then Don Coplen came on & said there was a Christmas gift for everyone on the BB. I went and looked, sure enough there was a cool zip file waiting for all who wanted it. Pretty cool, don't you think?

Thanks a bunch for the gift Don!
I hope the holidays are GREAT for you too. [Smile]

--------------------
Dave Parr
Sign Painter
USA

Posts: 709 | From: USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!