Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » FKAB panel in place at last!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FKAB panel in place at last!
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After I posted my shop progress pics earlier this evening I decided to sneak back out to the shop ad do just a little more.

I was too tired to do any 'real work' and decided instead to stain up the top book cabinets. As good fortune would have it I had just enough stain to do one section, the rest would have to wait for another day.

Work progressed quickly on the center section, in fact real quick.

I stepped back to admire the finished section and it looked so bare. And what do you know the FKAB crate which I was standing next to at that very moment called out to me. It was fate!

And it was time at last!

-

-

The panel looks nothing short of fabulous in it's new home. The pics do it no justice.

I will add some more fill lighting from below from the tree scultpure which gets added later. One all the carved plaster is added to the sections around it it will look even better too. (don't worry folks it will be carefully protected whenever I work in the vacinity!)

Thanks so much to all who played a part in this panel! I love it! [Smile]

-dan

[ December 18, 2003, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 14 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A beautiful job Dan, it looks as though it was made for the space.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, it looks perfect there!
That piece was meant for you!
Love- JILL
[Applause]

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

You were ment to win it! [Big Grin]

What an awesum spot!!! Every element apears to be floating in space.....Sweeeeeeet!!

There is not a part on that panel that the artist who made it wouldn't have liked to take back and "fix" it.....including me.....except Bill Riedel. [Wink] Not a perfect part up there.... but each one was made with a love of our craft and a personal commitment to give it our best effort.

The result is outstanding! [Applause] [Applause]

And it looks very much like it's home.

Thanks everyone.....what a "trip"! [Thanks]

Joe,
Makin Chips and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ditto everyones comments.
I was honored to have the chance to participate from the get-go, more honored to know that it did, in fact, come together into an awesome piece. Again, I felt that same emotion upon seeing it in Pierre's DVD as well as in the SOT magazine.

Well, one last time, I feel truly honored to have my small contribution to that panel being displayed so well, & in a shop where so much creativity will be flowing through for quite some time. Did I say "last" time... wait till I get a chance to visit Dan some day. That would be way cool anyway, but I'll admit the FKAB panel would be a little icing on the cake.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!