Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Glawson Fund Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glawson Fund Update
Kent Smith
Resident

Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Kent Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I talked to Tod early today and the fund has passed the mark so the Colorado Letterheads will be sending another $1000. Joe B. is going to Cincinnati for the holidays and taking a number of items for the collection from here and will deliver the check as well. That does not mean the need has ended as on-going support of the museum will be critical.

If you have not already done so, I suggest everyone talk to their suppliers and to the non-Letterhead shops in your area about the value of the museum. Most of us have a relationship with an electric shop or so and even a $25 donation will do a lot of good for maintaining the museum.

If you have not sent your check, this is a good time to do so. Tis the season of giving.

AND THANK YOU to eveyone who has participated.

[ December 18, 2003, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Kent Smith ]

--------------------
Kent Smith
Smith Sign Studio
P.O.Box 2385,
Estes Park, CO 80517-2385
kent@smithsignstudio.com

Posts: 1025 | From: Estes Park, CO | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Smith
Resident

Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Kent Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In response to some e-mails, there is more to do of course. So far we have just covered acquisition and shipping of the Glawson collection. Building a display for them and covering the operating costs for even that portion of the building are yet to be considered. I hope everyone will take this initial effort as a long term committment and send a little something yearly. If everyone would send something on the Conclave anniversary every year, it would go a long way to keeping the museum viable.

Thanks to everyone for your efforts, I am sure it will be an inspiration for others to follow.

--------------------
Kent Smith
Smith Sign Studio
P.O.Box 2385,
Estes Park, CO 80517-2385
kent@smithsignstudio.com

Posts: 1025 | From: Estes Park, CO | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Applause] Awesome that the goal was reached already.

Thanks to all those who donated. I'd like to once again thank those who put items for auction for the fund & those who bid on those items. Good souls.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Delzell
Visitor
Member # 1965

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Delzell         Edit/Delete Post 
Your welcome, besides it is a tax deduction as a non-profit. [Applause] Almost tax time! [Eek!]

--------------------
Debbie

Posts: 674 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It FEELS good! Send a donation to the sign museum!
...and while you are at it....send the $ you would spend next week on cigarettes, alcohol, gambling, overeating or some other vice/bad habit (we all got 'em) to some local food pantry, Salvation Army or needy kids fund in your area. Just the amount you would spend for a week (or if you feel generous, a month) on something you shouldn't do anyway, will help you feel good AND maybe help you cut back on that bad habit. [Applause] TWO birds with one stone! Have a happy holidaze!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 16 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Kent....The Winter Muster here in Febrrruary will have donated panels to be auctioned off for the fund as well.....If anyone would like to donate a panel even if you are not atending, please send it to me.
I'm all for the cause!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!