Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Tip: Tuff Letters!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tip: Tuff Letters!
Robin Sharrard
Resident

Member # 388

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Robin Sharrard   Email Robin Sharrard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Local military base asked us to replace several missing letters from their buildings. We removed one of the old letters for a sample. Looked like it was foam filled fiberglass with stucco painted on the outside. Just on a long shot we cut all the letters needed, out of plain old white styro-foam and sent them to a local truck bead coater that claimed there product would stand up to anything. He told us the coating would make the letters so strong you could almost drive over em', we did! Pretty tuff stuff! It can be put on smooth and in colors, although the color stuff is pretty pricy! So when you need some tuff outside letters that the woodpeckers won't like, try it. We've worked out a pretty echonomical deal with the coater which makes the letters fairly reasonable. Robin

------------------
Robin Sharrard
Bob's Textile Graphics
Fallon, Nevada
rds@phonewave.net
"Proud $$$ Supporter"

Posts: 282 | From: Fallon, Nevda, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea Robin! Was this the Line-X system? When a local shop was testing the stuff prior to starting a dealership, we sprayed it on some boards and did the twist on it with golf shoes. That stuff is tough. I've seen it used on decks and balconies, scaffloding planks, its a great non-skid. Holds up to sunlight with nothing over it. Best truck bedliner I've ever seen.

------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California
"Where the Redwoods meet the Surf"

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Gulliford
Visitor
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Gulliford   Email Greg Gulliford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never have used it for a sign but the Local Line-X dealer did my truck a couple of years ago... It's the best thing I have ever done, I can lay a sign in the back and drive all over town with out it sliding around.

------------------
Greg Gulliford
aka MetroDude
Metro Signs and Banners
1403 N. Greene St. #1
Spokane, WA 99202
509-536-9452

Posts: 576 | From: Spokane, WA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Whitcher
Visitor
Member # 685

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Tim Whitcher   Email Tim Whitcher       Edit/Delete Post 
I know a guy that's been doing this for years, and i was sworn to secrecy. Guess the cat's outta' the bag on this one!

------------------
Tim Whitcher
Quality Signs & Design
107 E Adrian St
Blissfield, MI 49228
qualitysigns@hotmail.com

Posts: 1546 | From: Adrian, MI | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Sharrard
Resident

Member # 388

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robin Sharrard   Email Robin Sharrard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Rick, it was line-X, the stuff is great. Part of our deal with the shop is if we can get by with black, and we can get the letters to him when he's doing a string of liners, we get the left overs real cheap! Robin

------------------
Robin Sharrard
Bob's Textile Graphics
Fallon, Nevada
rds@phonewave.net
"Proud $$$ Supporter"

Posts: 282 | From: Fallon, Nevda, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!