Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Tips & Tricks » Eye Candy Chrome/Gold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eye Candy Chrome/Gold
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey John, here you go. Hope this helps.
Eyecandy pretty much does the work for you.

- Pick a Font ( I usually choose a light gray for my text…color will effect your affect).

- rasterize font. (left click on text layer and choose rasterize layer)

• go to Filters > Eye Candy > Chrome
• from here you can manipulate:
Bevel Width
Bevel Height Scale
Smoothness
Ripple Thickness
Ripple Width
Bevel Placement (inside/outside)
• you can also adjust the lighting and the curves on the bevel profile.

- If you don’t want any of the bevel but you want the chrome, I usually create a path or a selection around the non-beveled area, select inverse and delete the bevel.

- You can then go through your image > adjustments to change the hue of your chrome to a gold, silver, or more chrome.
- Use image > adjustments > color balance
- Or image > adjustments > hue/saturation
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

The customization comes when you start manipulating the hue/contrast/highlights/shadows.

This took me about 15 minutes to do all of these...Pretty easy.

Barb and Steve, you can put this on your tips and tricks section...I don't know how.

Thanks.

[ November 03, 2005, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Kelsey Dum ]

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice job Kelsey!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kelsey !!!!!

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very nice how too

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Kelsey! Great tip.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. I use photoshop all of the time. If you need to know anything, just ask. If I don't know I'll find out.

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kelsey. That's the kind of tip we can put to good use. How did you add the airbrush highlights in the last example?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Here you go Sonny,

I create three different sizes of spray on top of each other then with a really small spray I create a criss cross. You can add layer gradient masks on the criss cross to fade it out.

-

Thanks.

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much what you'd do with a real airbrush - thanks Kelsey.

Would you be interested in doing a Photoshop seminar at the Dixie Meet next October? Us old dogs can learn some cool tricks from you......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

I would love to... just need some more info from ya. If you would like to email me or I can email you my phone number if we can talk? I need to get out to more meets anyways.

Thanks.

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what we are going to be doing this week in my airbrush coarse.Chrome finish. [Applause] [Thanks]

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!