Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Tips & Tricks » Table

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Table
Carol
Visitor
Member # 2296

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Carol   Author's Homepage   Email Carol   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a diagram, plans or any ideas on making a work table. This is for application of vinyl to substrate. Fairly large with a possible lift up top.

Thanks

--------------------
Carol Coburn
CTC Enterprises
6 Alice St., Bancroft, On K0L 1C0

Posts: 2 | From: Bancroft, Ontario | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chech your Email!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Si, Could you send me one of those e-mails. My application table is needing an upgrade.

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Rees   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Rees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious too. How 'bout posting that pic Si?
Thanks.

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)
http://www.capecraft.com
e-mail: joe@capecraft.com

SONGPAINTER Original Sign Music by Sign People NOW AVAILABLE on CD and the proceeds go to Letterville's favorite charity!
Click Here for Sound Clips!

Posts: 1974 | From: Orleans, MA, Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Rees   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Rees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Si emailed me the pic of his bench. Here it is for all interested.

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)

SONGPAINTER Original Sign Music by Sign People NOW AVAILABLE on CD and the proceeds go to Letterville's favorite charity!

Posts: 1974 | From: Orleans, MA, Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Wilson
Visitor
Member # 177

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Ian Wilson   Email Ian Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a big old draughting table with an 8ft by 4ft top fitted and it is great because you can adjust the height and the angle with the touch of a lever and a pedal I pcked it up from a second hand office supply cost me $50.00 and the price of the ply for the top which I had laminated works great for me I have two

--------------------
Ian Wilson
Signmaker Retired 3 Panorama Drive
Toowoomba Queensland Australia
may all your troubles be little ones.
The man that never make a mistake never makes anything.

Posts: 656 | From: Toowoomba Queensland Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the handiest parts of all the tables I've ever made were a set of heavy duty locking casters.It looks like they would be the just the finishing touch to Si's diagram.

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOOPS!!! Slight goof!
The parts list somehow wound up with the wrong one pasted on that print.

It should be:
1 1/2X42X90 MDO
1 1/2X29X84 MDO
1 1/2x6x85 MDO
1 1/2x6x36 MDO
1 1/2x10x85 MDO
1 1/2X10X36 MDO
4 4X4X32
2 2X4X80
2 2X4X36
2 2X4X 29
2 2X4X26
4 casters

Hope no one strated yet!

I used coated deck screws to asseble it... no pounding with a hammer, don't come loose, and don't rust! (I built 2 of these, and the live outside.) The tops are 3 1/2 X 7 1/2 so that I can coat out a 4x8 and still coat the edges, without making a mess! Some people might want to use 3/4 inch MDO for the top, if they will be subject to heavy use.

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Si Allen ]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Hey, this thread got me thinking about the old weeding table we used to have at New City Signs in St. Pete FL - (Nettie will remember a lot of hours logged under this contraption). This rack is a great companion for any weeding table and doubles as a work order organization area. The other refinement we had on the table were drawers along both sides to hold all the cutters, blades, squeeges, markers, etc. I can't wait till I get to build my next one.

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Joe Rees ]

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!