Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Fired a Customer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fired a Customer
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a call to do lettering on a small trailer that will be for Ice Cream and Donuts. So I drive to where the trailer is at to see what she needs. She tells me she is having a graphic designer design her logo and web site. She said it will take them about 5 weeks to do that. What? But in the meantime she just needs a temporary sign on her trailer to make it legal. Okay, so I get back to my shop, email a quick design for her temporary sign. Then here came the "Can you change the font, can you put in my ice cream cone, can you make it all caps and after about 5 redesigns of the temporary sign, I had a truck show up, she I told her I had to stop the process at this point. And I thought, "Hey, I'm not giving her a free "Logo" She said she has another person doing that" So next day I told her I was really busy and that I didn't have time to do her trailer. I gave her info on a nearby sign shop. Glad I'm out of it. This was supposed to be a simple $150.00 print job. At that price, the clock was ticking fast. She ran out of time and I ran out of patience. Besides, I kinda thought she was a bit off. She is a grown 55 year old woman. The whole time I was talking to her, she was twilling her pony tail with both hands. This is something a child does not a grown azz woman. I though it would gave been a simple profitable job, but I kinda could see the future. If I wasn't so busy, I could have taken her on, I don't have the time right now.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 4108 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Leic...not a new thing. I have regular phone conversations with truck "Bros" (Hey, Bro...) who want a name and number for their semi. We agree on price and then they fail to give me any more info and disappear. Never hear from them again.
I think the present generation doesn't know how to talk and they don't understand what facts are. they just throw words around. They probably voted for Kamela. (Its about this big...) I got no time for them. Just keep making the real customers happy. Jer in Turlock

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 290 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you! Been there, done that, own the design!

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 652-3300
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3533 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I like about the old way. Customer comes in, quick pencil sketch, modification on the spot. Bingo. Job in progress. No series of electronic modifications sucking time to make it less attractive.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 7032 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 weeks for a logo. Let's see... They either have a really big backlog of work which means they are either really good or really slow. Or they are on vacation, or maybe they don't want to deal with her either so they said 5 weeks, or maybe she's just making an excuse for not wanting to pay you for a logo, or maybe she's just full of it. I don't know, the list could go on but it's best to move on.

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1116 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!