Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » R.I.P Dave Grundy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: R.I.P Dave Grundy
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This evening, I attempted to phone an old-time Letterhead friend, Dave Grundy, and was informed by Shirley, his long-time partner, that he had passed away last October. Dave was a regular on this board and was always inclined to provide a helping hand to those who asked. He'd attended several Letterhead meets in the USA, and upon retirement, avoided our Canadian winters by spending those months in Mexico.

AKA: "Applicator" on the chat line.
Rest in peace, old friend.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2718 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really didn't want to hear that, but I thank you Ken for letting us know.

Dave helped me on several occasions as I am sure he did many others.

I sometimes wonder how many others we have lost that we don't know about.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2371 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the update.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 7029 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diane Malesky
Resident

Member # 687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diane Malesky   Author's Homepage   Email Diane Malesky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I hope he is in Letterville heaven. [Smile]

--------------------
Summit Signs
231 Victoria Rd
Venice, Fla 34293
sales@summitsign.com http://www.summitsign.com
Design Is The Difference.

Posts: 273 | From: Venice, Fla | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave was a super guy. He helped so many people with Corel and cutting bridge programs. He was a journeyman body man and advised many of us on all things paint and prep. I learned early to never speak of fish eye remover. [Smile]
He is home with Si, Joe, Gavin, Steve and so many of the characters of the time.
Rest peacefully my old friend.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4409 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Dave at Jill Welsh's Mars Meet in 2006 as well as Rapid Ray's meet in 2004. He was a good man!

RIP Applicator [Group Hug]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 652-3300
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3532 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest in Peace Dave.

I met Dave at Jills meet also, and have seen him at other meets.

Such a great sense of humor.

We spoke on the phone a few times about Corel and such.

I always liked hearing his stories of correcting the English on menus in Mexico, in exchange for drinks and a good meal. What a great idea.

So sorry for your loss Shirley.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1956 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy H. J. Hilliard
Visitor
Member # 2529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guy H. J. Hilliard   Author's Homepage   Email Guy H. J. Hilliard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, You will be missed.

Guy

--------------------
Guy Hilliard
Sawdust and Noise
CNC Routing /
Laser Cutting and Engraving
Brampton, Ont.
Canada

Posts: 165 | From: Brampton. Ont. Canada | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Ken, Dave was a good man and will be missed.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2385 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad.

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Hollaseterveien 356
7200 Kyrksæterøra
Norway
EUR

Posts: 1217 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, so sad to hear this. I still think of that time I came to Canada and Dave and I and Ken Henry sat around the kitchen table talking the evening away. RIP Dave.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Argyle TX 76226

sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5460 | From: Argyle, TX | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam Eddy
Resident

Member # 1858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam Eddy   Email Pam Eddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very sad news. He was always so helpful and a wealth of knowledge. RIP Dave

--------------------
Pam Eddy
Niles, MI
ple@qtm.net

Posts: 468 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is in touch with Shirley? How is she doing?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 7029 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!