Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Difference between regular 1-Shot and Bulletin 1-Shot?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Difference between regular 1-Shot and Bulletin 1-Shot?
Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years back I was given a gallon of 1-Shot Bulletin paint and realize that it is meant more for coating panels however was wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to how it is different from regular 1-Shot and whether it can even be used to letter with?

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 776 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bulletin has less pigment than lettering. It can be used for lettering. I honestly dont know why people are still using this product, it just doesnt last like it one did, BUT thats neither here nor there

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2039 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce, are you asking the question about the bulletin color or 1 shot in general? What seems to be your current preference?I've been using 1shot and Ronan and what I used seems to depend on what suppliers have available. Choices seem very limited at this time.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6999 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also finding lettering enamel getting more scarce. Frankly the last time I used One Shot (Dark Green) on a golf tee sign, which by the way are only outdoors from May 1 to Sept. 30, after just 2 seasons, the green was fading and blue was showing. The was the last time I bought One Shot. I spoke to a Ronan Rep and he told me One Shot had switched to Chinese pigments and that the yellow was really bad, thus blue showing up on my sign. I felt Ronan's quality was much better but that is getting hard to find in lettering enamel.
And yes, bulletin paints have less pigment, originally designed for billboards since they are changed so often, a high quality long term paint is overkill. As to why they still sell it? That's a good question since I don't know anyone still painting them since billboard wraps have gotten so cheap.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Argyle TX 76226

sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5457 | From: Argyle, TX | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!