Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Angel Gilding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Angel Gilding
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all. It's been a while. I thought my computer bit the bullet so I haven't been in for a while and didn't remember my password to get on the new computer. Well a brilliant guy told me to try something and sure enough it worked. It was a bad riser board (contains the memory) in my Mac pro and he told me it only needs one to run so I pulled one, still no start. Put it back and pulled the other one and bingo, I'm up and running again.

So anyway, I'm going through files, getting rid of all the old customer sign sketches that I'll never use since I'm semi retired and in a different state. I'm getting ready to retire this 15 year old computer and in cleaning out files I found the instructions for Angel Gilding. At this stage I'm never going to do it but if anyone would like this information I'd be happy to email the pdf to them. It's the original instructions from Rick Glawson. Send an email to me at sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net and I'll send you a copy.

So I'm about done with my new shop. i just have to finish the new dust collection system then build all the drawers and cabinets for storage. I plan on doing mostly woodworking including custom furniture but I kept my plotter so I'll do some vinyl work if the price is right but mainly any signs I'm planning on will be 3D signs so I can put my CNC to good use. My new motto is no more deadlines. You need it done fast, find someone else.: :::;::::::::: [Smile]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Argyle TX 76226

sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5455 | From: Argyle, TX | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost want the instructions just to have more from Rick G. I probably already have three copies.I doubt that I'll ever be angel gilding again. I'm rather fond of flipping leaf in the tradition I was originally taught.Thank you for sharing your treasures. I hope your dust system works wonders. I wish I had been taught to use one and if not wear a mask 55 years ago. My current wheezing is from all the years thinking that God put hairs in my nose to protect me from saw dust.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6990 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, send me the "Recipe" as well. aliciasigns@comcast.net As I read it, I might even be able to recall the sound of Rick's voice.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 4094 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!