Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Sign went to the dump

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sign went to the dump
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since I've added to my shop, I had to remove my MDO, DiBond and SignFoam sign. Took it to the dump. It has served it's purpose in life. Being that I might be retiring in 4 or 5 years, I'm not gonna make another sing like that one. I do have a smaller sign posted , that one I will refresh. Seemed odd to see my sign amongst the trash at the dump.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 4091 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently bought a new plotter. My old one was still working and I just needed more. I don't want to package it up to ship somewhere and don't want to sell it locally to create a new competitor, so I'm intending to take a working Graphtec to the dump.

[ January 13, 2023, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Rick Sacks ]

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6987 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's too bad. I'd keep it for a while, maybe someone at least 50 miles from you might come out and pick it up. Maybe someone in Calif who's equipment got burned up or flooded.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Posts: 4091 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be tough to see your work like that.

I often wonder what will happen to my main sign and all of my samples and such after I take a dirt nap.

I've been at this for over 30 years and I have a lot of equipment. My kids will be going through my stuff saying "Good grief dad, did you really need to keep this?"

How are you folks holding up with the rain in the northwest?

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1943 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob, I keep getting notes and calls from friends seeing the devastation here from the storms. I think we're returning to what we knew years back as a normal winter. It's just storms. Rain and wind. Some power outages that don't seem to last more than a week. Some trees down. One of my friends got a redwood through his house...demolished it. A big wave came over the fifty foot bluff and wiped out the back door of the lighthouse. It's better than living in snow.

[ January 14, 2023, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Rick Sacks ]

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6987 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My main shop sign is 1/2 MDO so I cut it up and now its a table. Fun to look under and see the old lettering. Jer(working out of the garage now)

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 273 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

If you go to Google maps, you could see the addition on my shop. I was hoping to see my old sign, but they must have recently taken new pictures,,, Shopp Addition

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

And how much? $60,000 Big write off, depreciation and that stuff

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!