Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » sand blast mask

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sand blast mask
Bill Reusch
Visitor
Member # 8028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Reusch   Email Bill Reusch       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a small cedar sign blank to sand blast but I'm out of rubber mask. Glantz will only sell a full roll and I don't do enough of these anymore to justify it, plus after a while you can't get the paper backing off.

I have a lot of magnetic material that I don't use much either. What kind of adhesive would you use, if this is even possible, Thanks.

--------------------
Bill Reusch
Reusch Sign Company
3258 80th. ave.
Knapp, Wis. 54749
715-665-2647

Posts: 86 | From: Knapp, Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you suggesting using a spray adhesive on magnetic as a sandblast resist? Have you cut that magnet? It might work if you don't have detail? Back in the late 60's we used duct tape. We'd apply it with two layers and crossing the direction of the second layer. It wasn't fun to cut, but we sure did a lot of signs that way. Then they came out with that buttercut. Changed our world.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6975 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Reusch
Visitor
Member # 8028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Reusch   Email Bill Reusch       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There isn't a lot of fine detail. some ovals, panels that will be painted on and a blasted farm name. Just wondering what adhesive would work best to hold the mag. mat. in place but not so aggressive as to pull up the wood grain.

--------------------
Bill Reusch
Reusch Sign Company
3258 80th. ave.
Knapp, Wis. 54749
715-665-2647

Posts: 86 | From: Knapp, Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3M #99

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6975 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!