Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Cutting & Printing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cutting & Printing
Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bernice Tornquist   Email Bernice Tornquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings everyone! Haven't been here for a long time and it's so nice to see the familiar names. Would anyone be able to help me out with cutting/printing?

I have a Summagraphics D610 - 24" cutter. My software is FlexiSign (older model). I am an older model, also and have retired (not really...you know what that's like).

I love to make fancy shaped labels for marking my canning jars. I cut them out in an 8 1/2"x 11" area using Frisket (absolutely wonderful stuff). It is amazing as it handles print colors, it is easy to peel off jars but won't come off in the dishwasher, until you pull it off. Does not leave glue behind. Now, my problem is, after I cut out the labels (21 or so on a sheet)...I take it over to my HP Color Laser Jet 1600 printer...this is when I run into problems...lining it up to print on the page that already has the cut labels in Frisket.

Can anyone help me? Or even a suggestion of another way. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanking you in advance.

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Bernice's Signs & Graphics
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Posts: 687 | From: Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernice Tornquist   Email Bernice Tornquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been able to do this successfully with a cutter/plotter and printer?

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Posts: 687 | From: Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'll say it...why don't you print the images on the Summa and cut after on the same machine? Isn't that the way the software usually is used?

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 270 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernice Tornquist   Email Bernice Tornquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Gerald, for your help. My Summa is only a cutter/plotter and not a printer. My printer is a separate HP 1600. I did come very close to lining it up once…I find the if I can get the margins correct for printing, it is helpful, but not perfect. Thank you, again.

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernice,

I use Avery business card sheets, maybe a similar method would work for you.

set up your cutting outlines and then set up your graphics within the outlines.

Cut the outlines but don't weed. then put the sheet of cut outlines in the printer and print the graphics. Then weed the labels.

I use CorelDraw to run both the printer and cutter (before retiring) Don't know if it will work with Flexi, but good luck.

Dave

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8914 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Thank you, Dave. I do appreciate your help. I will see if I can try this through Corel Draw. It is pretty much what I have been trying to do with Avery sheets’ layout. I will take your advice and try again. Thank you, Dave.

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huuh, I have a Summa. I thought that's what the little red light at the cutter was for. Never used it, but I thought it is supposed to "See" where to make contour cuts.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 4074 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Roland 540i and we print/cut all the time. Works well. When stuff has to be laminated, it's an extra step in between. Print/Laminate/cut

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 652-3300
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3529 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Alicia, thanks for pointing out that little red light….as you can see, I have never used it, either. Have to do more studying in the manual….never knew about the little red light. I’m the type that keeps pushing buttons until something works, then carry on for 20 years or so., little knowing that I could do a lot more all this time.
Thanks, Alicia.

Rick, do you mean you print with a regular printer? Thanks for your response.

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Alicia, thanks for pointing out that little red light….as you can see, I have never used it, either. Have to do more studying in the manual….never knew about the little red light. I’m the type that keeps pushing buttons until something works, then carry on for 20 years or so., little knowing that I could do a lot more all this time.
Thanks, Alicia.

Rick, do you mean you print with a regular printer? Thanks for your response.

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Sorry, posted twice….kept pushing too many buttons…

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roland VersaCamm 540i prints AND cuts. Works really well for labels

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 652-3300
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3529 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!