Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Supplies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Supplies
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are we dealing with supplies getting hard to find? I found an obscure monument supply place three thousand miles away that had a roll of the sandblast rubber I wanted. I wanted some red reflective vinyl and they wanted to sell me a 50' log. Seems the sign supplier are all geared toward selling wrap material. Lettering colors are not on the shelves any more for many. I remember when going to McLogan's was like going to a super market for groceries. We'd grab a cart and walk around loading it. Paints, charcoal sticks, rolls of paper, roller covers, fitches and flats and quills, opaque projectors,ladder jacks. They had all we needed in stock. Also, supplies were the same price for everyone.They didn't look up your shop to determine what price chart you fit before giving a number. I sure miss that.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6950 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than prices raising dramatically, the only thing I notice is that when I call I always get a trainee. The call goes long because they are not at ease with the catalogue (computer screen) or have never heard of what I'm asking for.

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 267 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aluminium sign blanks seen to always be on back order.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 4061 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand Matthews has stopped making One Shot.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4393 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa! Does Matthews own it now? I thought it was owned by PPG, or is Matthews a part of PPG? Anybody got the straight scoop?

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 267 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Matthews is a re-seller. Regardless, it looks like they are discontinuing sales.

http://matthewspaint.com/About-Us/Notifications/SKU-Discontinuations-04152022.aspx

Sorry if I was wrong about this. The One Sot website is still,up. Maybe contact them.
This is a page off there site that references Matthews as a manufacturer. Read the bottom paragraph.
https://www.1shot.com/One-Shot/About-Us/News/1-Shot-Merchandise-Store.aspx

On the bottom of this page, it says one shot is owned by Matthews.
https://1shotstore.com/collections/shop-all

Bloody poor consumer information stream.

[ April 29, 2022, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4393 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

I spoke this week with someone who had talked with Matthews and they assured her that One Shot was just having some problems getting some chemicals. Only affects a few colors. Chinese source of course. No shut down plans.

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

shon lenzo
Visitor
Member # 1364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shon lenzo   Email shon lenzo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One shot just isn’t what it used to be

--------------------
Light and Shadow
Manzanita,Oregon
shonlenzo@hotmail.com

Posts: 313 | From: Manzanita,Oregon | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shon lenzo
Visitor
Member # 1364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shon lenzo   Email shon lenzo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am actually going to try the ancient techniques of using inner tubes of old truck tires and rubber cement soon if I can’t find some good sandblasting resist /
What about the photosensitive resist / can it work for deeper blasting or only etching ? Also- if anyone knows where there is some sandblast masking - please send me a message ! Thanks

--------------------
Light and Shadow
Manzanita,Oregon
shonlenzo@hotmail.com

Posts: 313 | From: Manzanita,Oregon | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!