Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Disposal of Old Printers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disposal of Old Printers
Pam Eddy
Resident

Member # 1858

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Pam Eddy   Email Pam Eddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: I have an old HP L25500 that I don't use anymore. It's too old to give away. How does one dispose of an old large format printer? I tried looking on the HP website and only saw disposal of small desk top printers. Thank you, Pam

--------------------
Pam Eddy
Niles, MI
ple@qtm.net

Posts: 467 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Resident

Member # 1308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Smith   Email John Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam - my area has an electronics disposal section at the landfill - but you have to take your things there. they do not offer curbside pickup unless you want it go to the landfill.
check with your city solid waste department.

--------------------
John Smith
Kings Bay Signs (Retired)
Kissimmee, Florida

Posts: 826 | From: Central Florida - The Sunshine State | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam Eddy
Resident

Member # 1858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam Eddy   Email Pam Eddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you John. I will check with the local landfill.

--------------------
Pam Eddy
Niles, MI
ple@qtm.net

Posts: 467 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam, we have two 25500s in the shed...!
I undid one to get the carriage belt off it when the belt broke on our L260.
I'd like to think the power supply, hard drive, or servos are worth hanging onto...

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7026 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam

Here's an idea:
1) Post it for sale on CraigsList
2) Wait for the inevidable offer to buy it sight unseen for exactly what your price is
3) They will pay you by credit card and arrange for pickup
4) Days later, you will discover the payment was no good, and the transaction will be reversed

5) PROBLEM SOLVED and they got what they deserved. [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3510 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thinking Rick [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 844 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam Eddy
Resident

Member # 1858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam Eddy   Email Pam Eddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input. It works. I just quit using it when HP quit supplying ink. Found it's easier for me to farm out the printing part of the business.

--------------------
Pam Eddy
Niles, MI
ple@qtm.net

Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly, Pam, I had someone enquire about any unused heads and 789 inks for ours, and last November I sold 8 heads and 12 cartridges of ink, and about 50% what I paid for them - all past their useby date, but that was never a problem.

This business still had one working, and were happy to use whatever stock they could get.

I kept the head cleaning cartridges though - they work in the L260.

Now the 260 parts are not maintained by HP either, I stocked up on ink and heads and cleaning carts.
I'd like to get another year minimum, from it.
I have about 28 ink cartridges & 10 heads spare.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7026 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick's "solution" reminds me of the one used by the father of one of my customers. He'd replaced his water heater and the junk one remained at his front curb after many failed attempts to get the city's bulk trash department to pick it up. He then put a "For Sale" sign on it, and in no time... someone stole it! Smart man!

[ February 27, 2021, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5119 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam Eddy
Resident

Member # 1858

Thank you for the replies. A thought briefly crossed my mind to gut it and make a baby chick brooder out of it. LOL

--------------------
Pam Eddy
Niles, MI
ple@qtm.net

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!