Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » 3 Digital Paintings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 Digital Paintings
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a long time since I have visited you guys...I remember having some fun in here in times past...if you still remember me I retired from sign making a few years back and since then have been enjoying myself gardening...kayaking...playing with digital painting... and trying my best to celebrate each day above ground...thought I would drop in and share with you some of what I play with every day...sorry I couldn't get a picture to show up...after all these years I'm still pretty computer illiterate...in fact I'm 1 of only 6 people in America without a cell phone and contrary to popular belief...I do just fine without one...I was able to enter 3 links from my FB page that think will work...they are landscapes I've been playing with...I don't work from photos but rather draw from 71 years of stuff floating around in my head...it has been so much fun being able to express the reverence and love I have for the beauty and power of nature trough digital painting...for any digital painters out there these were painted using only 4 photoshop brushes...with those simple 4 brushes I can pretty much create the look I want...one time I tried a tree brush that photoshop offers...it felt like a rubber stamp and wasn't me.. I felt like I had cheated and it gave my work an artificial look...the last thing I wanted...hope everyone is healthy and enjoying life and making it through these hard times...I'm sure it must be tough on the sign business...I wish you all the best

https://scontent.fden3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/130975821_1775624149270186_7081838379525651257_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cSbZ8S18VIUAX8qvFoQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1 .fna&oh=e3246e171c270e2b29ea1f4d5eabc87f&oe=5FF73FF0

https://scontent.fden3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/131252737_1777620692403865_369322143681982587_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=o82djcgEILMAX9JyAGk&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1. fna&oh=a858b73c2c9babf0db135702c09926d6&oe=5FF726B2

https://scontent.fden3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/131209376_1777667769065824_5952388283321467382_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rlP5j4pTqv0AX8DEcqZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1 .fna&oh=eb0149d8a2127d07fd08534aff10fb02&oe=5FF80490

[ December 11, 2020, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2190 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Rusty!!!!! I am envious of your talent!

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8905 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dave...but the term "talent" is so relative...I can suggest to you artist that will make what I do look like kindergarten work...and it is important to remind ourselves that inspite of
the talents each of us possess...it is the person who treats his fellow man as an equal and with dignity and respect...it that person who possesses the greatest talent of all.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2190 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Dish
Visitor
Member # 10782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Dish   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Dish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are humble words from a very talented artist! Keep up the good work fun!

--------------------
Brian
Vinyl Signs
Pittsburgh, PA.

Posts: 185 | From: Pgh., PA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rusty,

Good to see you again.

Your creations are wonderful to look at. It makes me want to pack a lunch, find the spot and enjoy.

Thanks for sharing,
Bob

www.artisansignanddesign.com

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1915 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty, these are very nice indeed. Just out of curiosity, approx how many layers does one of these have? You state that you use just a few brushes and you certainly have mastered these.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
Dunlap, Tennessee

Posts: 611 | From: Dunlap, Tennessee | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Curt...that is a hard question to answer because I am continually adding, saving, or deleting as the composition evolves...I have a rough idea of what I want but I let my intuition carry me along and remain open to ideas that it might suggest...I am continually merging layers into 1 layer...then going forward it might be handy to add a new layer or 2 for working purposes before merging everything together again...I merge into 1 when I've reached a point of development that I need to work the composition as a whole...I will have countless mergers but usually only 1 to 3 layers at any given time...by the time I have finished I will have performed thousands and thousands of individual strokes and many many merging of layers into 1...there is no precise formula...just wing it as I go.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are beautiful Bradley! Are they simply for your pleasure or do you market them in any way?

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5498 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!
That's lovely work Rusty!
Well done!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7018 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackson Smart
Visitor
Member # 187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackson Smart   Author's Homepage   Email Jackson Smart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stunning work. Breathtaking indeed! Thanks for sharing Rusty.

--------------------
Jackson Smart
Jackson's Signs
Port Angeles, WA
...."The Straits of Juan De Fuca in my front yard and Olympic National Park in my backyard...

"Living on Earth is expensive...but it does include a free trip around the Sun"

Posts: 1005 | From: Port Angeles, Washington | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazingly beautiful. Hard to believe it is done on a computer. Thanks for sharing Rusty. Good to see you again.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1298 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Kelly...with my simple life style I'm "ok" for retirement...so this is something I do for personal pleasure and not profit...I pretty much have just been developing a style that fits me these last few years...but in these hard times if my landscapes could be in any way uplifting to others I would consider some cards or prints...but I would not be interested in a high profit margin...I would mostly be concerned with sharing the love and emotion I have for the natural world..if I could impart some of that with the viewer that in it's self is pretty good payment.

[ December 15, 2020, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!