Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » COVID-19 Check In

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COVID-19 Check In
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checking in! I hope all are doing well during this Pandemic. We are staying in as much as possible since Albany, GA is a hot spot for the virus. We had someone attend a funeral that had the virus and it has spread from there.The first Georgia death was this man who attended this funeral. Dougherty County has 82 deaths and Lee County(next door where I live)has 15.
Stay safe!
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2627 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All good on this front. And I'm still blessed enough to be working as usual. "Got the virus from a funeral." Gee, that's too bad. Maybe tears on your cheek can transfer the virus from one to another during a hug.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3936 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Resident

Member # 1308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Smith   Email John Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even hug trees anymore.

I am under 2 huge oak trees and the pollen is
tearing up my allergies. sneezing, sniffles,
running eyes, coughing. I check my temperature
twice a day to ensure the symptoms are indeed allergies.
so far - so good. (I can still smell and taste).
stay safe guys.

--------------------
John Smith
Kings Bay Signs (Retired)
Kissimmee, Florida

Posts: 822 | From: Central Florida - The Sunshine State | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2,291 confirmed cases and 122 deaths in our county.
All non-essential businesses are closed. That includes sign shops. Getting caught up on a BUNCH of honey doos. I've also been cleaning and rearranging the shop when I can. Somebody said this could last til August and I figure with a little luck I might have it done by then.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2316 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Locally, in British Columbia, on the West coast of Canada we aren't hit overly bad thanks to an early lockdown. I haven't been able to see my dad (in a care home) for three weeks which is tough but we will get through. We laid off two outside staff to comply with the guidelines but there are still four of us (all family living on property) in the shop each day.

Thankfully, our shop is on our home property and we have a big project which will keep us busy with enough work to last at least another month. When we knew the lockdown was coming we stocked up on enough shop supplies to keep us going for a couple of months at least.

Our front gates are locked and we send one person out for groceries every ten days or so.

The weather is perfect, warm and sunny, the leaves are out on the trees.

We figured work would dry up but we've done some fun designs for a large project that is scheduled for next year. Another large project tentatively scheduled for late summer is going through preliminary design... and we are hopeful.

For the first while I felt a little house bound but I am getting used to the 'new normal'. Thankfully we live one a small acreage so there is lots of room for us. I fully understand that not everyone has it this good.

We are all in this crazy time together.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8762 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shirley and I were fortunate to get a last minute flight from Mexico to home on March 24. We did our 14 day self imposed quarantine and we have had no health problems.

We are cleared to go grocery shopping etc. but other than that there really isn't anywhere to go.

With gas at such low prices it would be great to do some travelling but that is not feasible for now.

Hoping to get back to Mexico in October, but we'll just have to see what the future holds for us.

Hope everyone is staying healthy.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8900 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to correct what I posted above.

Those are STATE numbers.

Our county has 83 cases and 3 deaths, and 58 survivors.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2316 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're fine here. I had rotator cuff surgery on March 2 and wish I hadn't because everything went nuts a week later. If I wasn't dealing with surgical recovery, I could have taken the grandkiddos on a backpacking trip on the Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas before everything shut down. I'd also have had a chance to get done so many projects that I now have time for, but am not cleared to do. I just got approved to toss the sling and start driving a couple days ago... but there's no place to go.

I canceled a back surgery and foot surgery I needed and now elective surgeries aren't allowed, although the governor is talking about reinstating those. In any case, I don't want to visit any hospitals now and have had too many contacts with doctors' offices and physical therapy as it is.

All the gripes above notwithstanding, we're quite thankful. We know many people who don't have a large yard and neighborhood to take walks in and the congregation checks up on us daily. My daughter's family lives with us and she does our shopping. I bought a basketball goal for my grandson and it helps keep him busy but I'm not able to use it yet other than a few left handed lobs to help him practice some alley oop shots.

I lost 20 pounds prior to a 103 mile Appalachian Trail hike last October and have gained ten of those back--too much snacking! I'm going to discipline myself to cut back.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5107 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've always been pretty critical about San Francisco, but I have to give them -- and Governor Newsom -- credit for the way they've handled things. San Francisco county is identical to the city -- 49 sq, miles and 800,000 population. So far, we've had 1058 cases and 20 deaths.
Since I had the big COPD attack a year and a half ago, besides being 88, I'm especially vulnerable, so I'm not leaving the apartment. Not only do I have my fingers crossed, I also have my eyes and legs crossed.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 919 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Cosharek
Resident

Member # 1274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Cosharek   Email Bill Cosharek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen or heard anything about ultraviolet lighting in the C range - otherwise referred to as UV-c? This wavelength of ultraviolet light when emitted in the range of 250-280 nanometers has the distinct ability to alter germs, viruses, bacteria & mold spores so they cannot reproduce thus rendering them dead. And if they can't multiply they can't hurt you. This light source is available in various lamp & bulb formats whether in LEDs, tungsten, quartz or mercury. But good luck finding any as they are in short supply for some reason. I wonder who is hoarding them. You can try ebay or Walmart but not sure how long you'll have to wait before getting - if they don't turn around & refund your money instead. I obtained the handheld battery-operated LED units from Walmart (online only) & that took some prying. Got the 2-pack because one has to sanitize the other. FYI - this is not new technology. It has been used in many varying industries for years to disinfect or sterilize things whether food related or just to cleanse the air. I do not understand why the world's governments have chosen to ignore this germ killing technology & instead would rather see people get sick or worse. UV-c lamps in the wavelength mentioned produce very little trace amounts of ozone (a by-product of UV-c light contacting with oxygen) so it's not harmful in this range & could actually be beneficial as ozone also kills germs etc. UV-c light in lower ranges around 200 do create vast amounts of ozone & are mainly used in process of thoroughy cleaning a room or area of bacteria. You've heard of a clean room? That's how it's done. So now you know this is not something brand new. There will be some naysayers touting that UV light is dangerous. They would actually be referring to UV-a or UV-b lighting. UV-c is different. This light does not harm humans but there are some obvious restrictions to follow. Do not stare at the light source. Don't touch the lamp while it is still hot (actually any light source can be hot). If it produces an abundance of ozone, keep people, plants & animal pets out of room being sanitized until the ozone disipates. Yeah I got mine at Walmart but do you think they would install some of these lamps in important locations around the store? Haven't seen any signs of bulb placement - in fact - haven't seen them in any buildings which I've visited. It's a shame really. Wouldn't this be the best way to get the world back up & running like before? I don't understand why they choose not to go this route. This rant could go on & on but will end it here... (where's OP & Sy when you would welcome their input?) I guess they're the lucky ones who don't have to deal with this insane world around us. Insane indeed - you wouldn't believe the ridiculous face covering items they're using which obviously (to anyone else but person wearing it) will not stop a virus. They are the store employees who will not let anyone carrying a germ-killing UV-c emitting unit inside their store. Actually if biggo has that type inside it's better off to just stay far away from them & all the rest who refuse to use UV-c lighting for the safety of all. So I guess the governments are right about the stay at home order - it's best to just stay far away from all the crazies.

--------------------
Bill Cosharek
Bill Cosharek Signs
N.Huntingdon,Pa

bcosharek@juno.com

Posts: 704 | From: N.Huntingdon, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I like this UV-c light thing. Funny thing about the masks. I saw a large fellow working on his car engine in front of a auto parts store. Well as he was bending over you could clearly see about 3 inches of "The Dark Crease". I wanted to grab a mask and put it over the crease.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Posts: 3936 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of you people are embarrassing. Get a grip.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2787 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist

Posts: 919 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia, lost in all the COVID-19 news is that America still has a crack problem.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5107 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are having 3 out of five of us at the same time in the shop, with sanitation and distancing protocols in place. Very few customer visits. Work is picking up again. Our families are all good. We’re looking forward to seeing family and friends again. We’ve done some FaceTime meeting. Pretty much all public gatherings have been cancelled this summer. I don’t think this will be over anytime soon. Best Wishes everyone.

[ April 25, 2020, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4369 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're fairly rural so there are thankfully not many cases in our area, but we're still practicing distancing, etc.

We have a large piece of property, so I don't feel as sequestered as some. A walk down by the river and through the woods helps.

I'm finishing a large project that will keep me busy and a couple more jobs on its heels.

Fortunate for sure.

Peace,
Bob

www.artisansignanddesign.com

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1900 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Looks like next month the dam is gonna burst and most people will be able to return to their away from home jobs.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our deaths in the county of 70,000 are up to 118 with 1491 cases. Of course Georgia is gradually opening back up with strict rules. Hardly seem worth opening a beauty shop when you have to wear masks,gloves,shield,cape customers have to wear masks and then sanitizer and change all between customers. Hope all of you continue to stay safe.

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2627 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Staying safe in Texas. Our county is up to 738 cases, 358 recovered, and 20 deaths. My town has had a couple cases. I've been trying to get my shop built. Slow going in these times.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Argyle TX 76226

sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5427 | From: Argyle, TX | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thing’s a real rascal. Illinois is on the upswing. Reporting 2250 new cases yesterday. Our county has 40000 folks with only 20 cases and 1 death but we’re only 60 miles from Chicagoland where most of the state’s population and cases are reported. Not as much social distancing as I’d like to see but I’m no spring chicken and am more cautious. I figure I’m lucky I made it this long. It’s good to see that there’s a drug that may help. A vaccine would be a Godsend. Our work has been in the toilet so we’ve been letting our sons do most of it.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2112 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

My determination to cut the snacking after gaining 10 lb. has helped. Through extreme measures of discipline and self control, I'm happy to report I've kept it to 11 lb.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

CBS said that there are predictions that there will be another wave in the fall and the whole thing may not be over for two years.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!