Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Covid19 vaccine ?? (Off Topic)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Covid19 vaccine ?? (Off Topic)
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a while since I've posted anything, being retired, but this current pandemic has had me somewhat concerned. I've always tried to think outside the box when looking at situations that need solving, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm woefully ignorant in many subjects. However, I've never shied away from asking questions that might help in furthering my knowledge. So, here's the thought that crossed my mind regarding Covid 19:
It's widely accepted that breast-fed babies acquire some immunities from their moms through this practice.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/814970_2

So, if a pregnant lady who happened to recover from this virus, and delivered a healthy baby who she opted to breast feed, would her breast milk contain antibodies to this virus ???

If so, would it be worth while to examine samples of breast milk for antibodies, and duplicate those with the objective of developing a vaccine ? Mother Nature developed the immune system and if human antibodies exist, they'd probably be found in those samples .

I'd invite your thoughts.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2689 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea, but I could see where the delivery method for the antibodies would be, hands down, preferable to getting a needle!

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
C.P.207, Sharbot Lake, ON
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 478 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where's the "like" button?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6803 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I'd imagine that Roger would probably volunteer to become a sample collector ?

If there were a viable vaccine that would result from such an investigation, maybe the name Hooters Vaccine would acknowledge it's source.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2689 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick, My initial thought was that there had to be a better way of finding a viable vaccine to control this virus, than with working directly with dangerous variations in a highly secure lab environment. Possibly samples of mothers' milk could contain antibodies that had already been "filtered" through the mother's immune system.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!