Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Moving forward (?)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving forward (?)
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything I have is operated by Windows 7. Its all happy and good...except it is no longer helped by the dreaded MS so just maybe I should move forward to Windows 10. However I work mostly with FLexi8.6 and that is 16 bit. So what do I do?

Really, what do I do?

Do I need to upgrade my working, fine equipment? Can I just install the new Windows 10? How do I get FLexi to work in that 32 bit environment?

Anyone? Ferris?

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 199 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerald, we've all been there.

I'm retired now but I am still constantly keeping up with the latest Windows upgrades. (Currently running Windows 10 version 1903) Sometimes it is a bit of a pain but in the end run it is best to keep up with current technology.

I loved most of the windows versions at the time they were current, but yes as they evolved, they also required spending some money on updated graphics programs. In the overall picture it was a good thing.

In your case, I would recommend buying a new computer with Windows 10 as the operating system and spend some time getting used to it. Leave your money making system intact. Then once you are comfortable with Windows 10, upgrade your graphics program accordingly.

These days, if you are standing still with technology you are virtually walking backwards.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. [Smile]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8886 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Dish
Visitor
Member # 10782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Dish   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Dish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would recommend looking into VM (Virtual Machine).

Running old OS on newer machine.

--------------------
Brian
Vinyl Signs
Pittsburgh, PA.

Posts: 162 | From: Pgh., PA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I have two computors , oh three, that are not hooked up to the internet. Guess what, everybody is happy. I don't like the automatic upgrades and the non-disk programs. One of my computors thinks that Bill Clinton is still that president.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3828 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 2years ago one of my work computers, running Casmate, had hard drive problems, so I had to retire it, I was still using Windows 98. Now I use XP on one and windows 7 on another one. None of these 3 computers was hooked up to the internet.

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1703 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jer, didja get my note?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6728 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!