Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Yikes Help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yikes Help!!!
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to get in touch with the Witness Protection Program. A nice man had his wife's car pinstriped while she was out of town. I did a great job, six colors. He calls me 8 days later and tells me she does not like it and she hate orange. They are bringing me back the car Monday am to see if I could magically remove the painted pinstripes. I need to leave town fast and and clean, no trace of me left!!!!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing you, you probably covered the car..lines on every panel? Did you do it with one shot? Wait a few months, it'll fade away. With it that new, you might be able to dissolve it with alcohol. I'm so sorry you need to face this.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really sorry to hear this, but keep in mind... This is HIS mistake, not yours, so be sure to charge for the redo too.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2273 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF the car has original factory paint AND, if you used un-catalized paint, you should be able to remove it with original Easy-Off oven cleaner easily.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we faced the music together. I showed him how it's gonna leave a mark,,,lots of marks. After i remove the striping, he's gonna get the car detailed, buffed out. Then bring it back to me to re-stripe. I was gonna even give him back his money, I had it in my rear pocket. Plus he said he was sorry and was going to make it up to me. The money stayed in my pocket. Rick,, remember, I still have the 1-Shot paint with the old formula. Lots of it. I mix it up with the newer stuff for added durability. I got 85% of it off today. I socked it with lacquer thinner and Rapid Tac Rapid Remover. I have this system of sliding a razor blade right under the soften paint. It gets most of it off. I follow up with a "Plastic Razor Blade" and my finger nails.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali I have always used ezoff for removal. It only is safe on hardened factory paint but it does work well. i flush the debris off after each application to remove any buildup of chemicals. A light buffing with finishing compound brings back the shine.I worry that lacquer thinner will seep into the base paint pores and damage it.

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 198 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering how you were able to keep using One Shot and keep your business going. I gave up on it but then I don't have any of the old good stuff. I DO have some original LaFranc slow size with lead in it. Uh oh, now I'm going to have to go into witness protection with my LaFranc.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a commercial artist for a long time. Whenever I, we, would go to produce a big piece of art, we wd first show the client a comp, a sketch or model, rough or as finished as necessary to show him just what the finished art wd look like, so that he cdnt complain later that it wasnt what he'd expected. Dont sign painters, stripers, do the same?

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

The husband told me to go fer it, and I did. It wasn't outragious, just more than what the wife expected to see on her Hundae, Hundaiu, Japanese car. But I got it all off, they will have the car detailed and bring it back to you. Another Kodak moment.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah so. In that case I'd say that he needs to pay for any revisions.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you kept the money in your pocket. It wasn't your fault that the husband ordered something wrong for his wife. My husband and I learned that lesson many years ago to not assume each other's tastes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1265 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!