Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Ain't dead yet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ain't dead yet
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pacemaker,five heart attacks, 3 mini strokes and the massive stroke which almost killed me, yet destroyed my profession and my perfection,my hand my hands shakes and in 2015 I cut off my pinky on the right hand and that was before my massive stroke..
I don't know how long I haven't been here but I do know I missed you guys..

And now I am in my late 70s or early seventies I don't even know what I am doing most of the time it's hard for me to count as well as speak clearly yeah the golden years are here and it can kiss my ass..

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Joey! Nice to hear from ya!!

$hit happens at any age but it seems to happen more often as we get older. The "Golden Years" are really the "Rusty Years".

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...The closer to the end, the faster it goes.

All I can say is...Keep on hangin in..I always liked hearing what you had to say.

[ March 20, 2018, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you Dave?

The only thing that goes fast in my life are all my vehicles I built a 90 Chevy truck that cruises at a hundred miles an hour and gets between 26 and 29 miles per gallon and so far the top speed has been 145. and I have an 86 Vixen 21 which has a BMW Turbo Diesel and 5-speed transmission it gets 30 miles to the gallon at 75 miles an hour and it's a motorhome and of course I still have my 64 Plymouth black on black which I've had for 35 years..
Since my stroke people have been taking advantage of me like my supposably family but I don't want to get into this....
Being a New Yorker I think the reason I haven't been around here just because they don't allow cussing and I love the F word with a passion..

[ March 20, 2018, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Joey Madden ]

--------------------

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Joey, good to see yer face again.

I have to admit, I was starting to wonder about you. I would love to see pics of your 64. I have a 26 Tudor with a 375 hp 327. It doesn't run at all yet, but I am hoping it will be a lot of fun someday.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Joey,

Good to see you again. I was just thinking about you the other day and was wondering how life is. Now I know. Sounds like it has been a rough go lately.

It was always good chatting with you on IM.

Hopefully things will get better, or at least settle down.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love you Joey

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Joey, hate hearing about your health issues. It's been several years since we talked, but I often think about our conversation. I was looking for advice on pinstriping...

I hope you get to feeling better, and if you ever need anything, all you need to do is ask...

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey..To answer your question "how are you Dave?"

I'm doin OK. No serious health issues other than lower back pain from 3 worn out disks.

I admit that I never was a loyalist to any particular car company. I traded in the 07 Mustang convert we were driving when we visited you for a 2013 Camaro convert and I love it.

My ideal car has always been a second generation Sunbeam Tiger. My brother-in-law had one back in the late 60's and it scared the c**p out of me!!! A 289 Ford V-8 in a British sport car was hell on wheels!

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey ol' chap....good to see that your finger still works to type. I am fortunate, I have two typing fingers. So far, the seventies have been a hoot for me. Hey, are you roaming around anymore? We might try for a venture up your way in a few months. I'll call if we do. Need to also check in on Frank Maesen and Brad Johnson. I'm very glad I'm not in a car going 145 mph.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear from you again, Joey. I've missed your commentary on life. Sorry about all the health issues...we all eventually wear out.

I've had three heart attacks and had a foot of my colon removed, but I still manage to put my feet on the floor every morning.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know which is scarier, the fast cars or heart attacks but glad you're still here.

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1050 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really great to see you Joey.
Think about you often. Take good care of yourself.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't let that picture of Joey fool you. He looks great! His hair and bread are cut. He is, from my judging, a magnificent specimen of a mature man. I just saw him last year. His height can be a little intimidating, but he's a very nice person inside. And he makes a great bowl of steel cut oatmeal.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Rev. You are one of my fav. Letterhead pals. Lots of fond memories of the mIrc days. All the best pal.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Thank you for all the kind words...

I missed all of you also

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!