Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » ES3 chip for Mimaki?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ES3 chip for Mimaki?
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I have several unused ink cartriges that have recently expired (and I don't want to throw them away). The bosswife came across this chip: http://www.premiercolour.com/mimaki-es3-chip-unlimited/ . Is anyone familiar with this? Will it end up screwing up my machine?

Thanks, Felix

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Felix,
If you are using OM ink it might save you in a long run some money, but you have to consider how old the ink is , If it will worth to buy it, witch this chip is no cheap thought, now if you are using Nazdar ink in you Printer the price is a little more affordable and I do not think it will worth to expend that money, Let me ask you a question, Is this chip can reset the date of the ink is just for one cartridges or can you reused for other one too..Just wandering?? if you can reset all of with one chip that will be a win win investment. Good luck and let us know how it works if you buy it. just keep in mind if you have ink more than one year one I do not think you want to used them, Just my 5 cents.

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sal. Thanks for your response. The ink expired either November or December of last year. I think its one per cartrige. I have 3 cartriges. Now, what this chip says is "unlimited", which suggests to me I can keep using it. I saw other chips that were one time use for about $10 each, but saw them for SS1 inks, not ES ink. I contacted the company about them but have not heard from them. Lets see what they say and we'll make a decision. Thanks again!

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!