Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Joining loops in Corel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joining loops in Corel
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I set up a vector in Signwizard, (a Telecaster Pick guard). The outside line was blue, telling me there were no breaks; it was on continuous loop. But when I import it into Corel, the lines are broken. I tried importing it as EPS, AI, and DXF. Since the lines are broken, it won't let me "Powerclip" an image into it. Help! [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne...Just "combine" all of the broken elements and then you can join the end nodes together. Just select two nodes and click on "join two nodes". You can then "smooth" that newly joined node if you wish.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phillip Newell
Visitor
Member # 4618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phillip Newell   Author's Homepage   Email Phillip Newell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Dave's got it. Many file types imported into corel will result in broken lines. You can try selecting everything, go to Arrange/Join Curves. Sometimes it works well, sometimes not. If that fails, you'll have to join them by hand ad Dave described.

--------------------
Phillip Newell
Newell Graphics
1346 Garnet St.
Burlington, IA 52601
319-754-5113

Posts: 187 | From: Henderson, IL | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have played with sign wizard(i like it)and in the program isnt there a combine/group/lock/object command that will save or export as a complete object?
the thing about SW i liked most was the word box manipulations. with a word in th box you can bend to fit an arc.... only program i know tha ti will do it that simply.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Joe,
Yes there is a "group all" and "combine"
I had combined the image in Sign Wizard. When a line has breaks, in SW, the line will be black. There is also a "close loops" command in the vector editing feature. Either way, when a line's breaks are closed, the line is no a loop and turns blue. The exception is a loop within a loop which will turn red. This loop was completely closed and was blue when I exported it.
This is the drawing before I closed loops, you can see the lines are all black....
 -
This is my 3D model in Aspire....
 -

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found that to be a regular thing with Corel. It does it to many objects. I've even had Corel do it to outlined fonts. Very irritating making you perform extra steps to make it right. And Corel just doesn't do it to imported objects. Bring any Corel made eps file into Illustrator and you get the same thing.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne,

When you're done building that guitar, send it down here for testing. I promise to give it back... someday!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Got it!
I'll have this printed on some controltac and stick it to the underside of a piece of 1/8'' acrylic cut on the "Pea Shooter", trim it to size. This image is outlined 1/16''.
https://www.facebook.com/451568945003095/photos/a.458114437681879.1073741828.451568945003095/779806422179344/?type=3

[ April 13, 2017, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Wayne Webb ]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

quote:
Originally posted by David Harding:
Wayne,

When you're done building that guitar, send it down here for testing. I promise to give it back... someday!

It hasn't been lacquered or even fine sanded yet. I might even stain it as I'm not too keen on the color of the western red cedar; for a guitar anyway. After that just have to get some electronics in it and string it up.

https://www.facebook.com/451568945003095/photos/a.458114437681879.1073741828.451568945003095/779811815512138/?type=3

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Thanks for the help guys!

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!