Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » And I stormed out!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: And I stormed out!
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I got called to restripe a hood at a truck body shop. I get into the job, laying it out. A guy nearby was sanding down a fender, making dust. I really don't like breathing in any dust. I keep on with the job. And then I hear an engine start. It's a full size RV. They are working on the engine or something. All of the shop doors are closed, so now you have exhaust to deal with. I walked out of the shop. I came back in when they turned off the engine, but the exhaust was still in the shop. I thought to myself, I don't need this. I torn the tape off the hood, wiped it down(Stabillo) and tossed my stuff into my truck. Mumbling to myself the whole time. Then I told the body shop owner that I had forgotten some things at the shop and that he would have to bring the truck to my shop. As I drove off, I thought to myself,"Never again" Other than a very quick vinyl job, I'm gonna stay out of body shops. Most of the ones here are dusty, dirty and have bad lighting. The exhaust was the kicker. "And I stormed out!"

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya. Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast, a lot of them are like that here too. The way I deal with crap like that is "Hey, dumbass, shut the f**kin engine off, I'm working here!" Not too sure how that would work coming out of somebody as cute as you though. [Smile] Seriously, I have few problems and I work at a ton of shops. Most guys leave the area when my grumpy ass shows up. I even have them turn off Rush Limbaugh. lol

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee i should did that when i used to letter STOCK CARS...... out on the farms, and had a single 60 watt light bulb hangin from the rafter.and had to CHASE THE CHICKENS OFF THE CAR.....!!!!!!!!

[ March 11, 2017, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've worked on trucks covered with real chit, being animal or human. That I don't mind, but dust and exhaust, no, I ain't breathing in that krap.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the time I was hand lettering a police car in the city garage. They decided to test the fire truck siren right when I was in the middle of painting a stroke. I almost jumped out of my skin.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1265 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think those words coming out of her mouth would carry far more impact than coming out of mine...

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're lettering or striping in places like this, do you bother much with first cleaning the area to be painted, or do you just wipe it off?

Dennis Kiernan

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!