Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » HOSPITAL VISIT. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HOSPITAL VISIT.
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welll iam home. went in thur nite 6 pm. couldnt breath, no appetite, couldnt lay down not sleeping.
was loaded up with water. CHF getting worse. but iam on the "beginning side" of it. heavy diuretic(bumex)3 litters of amioderone and they were going to do a heart cath but i couldnt lay flat and breath. will schedule at a later date. they did echo cardigram and ejection facto is still good 40-45%, 55-60% is normal.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there's never been anything normal about you Joe, but get well soon anyway.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take care and Get well soon Joe!

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you're better soon, Joe.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear they did a brain scan too...and they found nothing...which is no surprise to those of us who know Joe...you follow the doc's advice and get better soon you ornery old cuss.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good that you are at least being attentive to it. I too have chf and have lived with it for five years or so. Latest echocardiogram was much better than five years ago and only a mild off rhythm thing now. No pain or weirdness. Meds seem to be working fine. Cholesterol is under 100 total. You just have to watch it, Joe. Retaining water is always an alarm sign.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEA...... the hospital give me the cholestrol run.
mine is not overtly high, elevated but 20-30 points.....and remains stable there. intake to hospital they ask drug i cant take.........i told them LIPITOR or any STATIN!!!!!! discharge package with a script for LIPITOR)))) it aint happenin))))
i was on lasix 20 mg, and when i noticed leg swelling i was to take another pill 6-7 hours after the 1st 20 mg. and the fliud didnt go to my legs it went to my torso. but i know now if i cant lay flat and breath iam building fluid.

[ October 12, 2016, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For many years, I've had high cholesterol and ratios between good and bad out of the normal range. I asked my doctor about Lipitor and he told me to try fish oil or cod liver oil first. Once I started on that, the levels got down into the acceptable range. When I had to go off prior to surgery, the levels went back to the old way and then normalized after I was back on fish oil. The doctor was pleased and said it doesn't work on all people but it's worth a try before going on some other meds.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya David. Tell me more about the fish oil. I need to lower mine too..

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take both fish oil and slo-niacin ... nd my cholesterol is way down and my LDL/HDL is so good, my cardiologist says that he doesn't care about the cholesterol level.

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

the problems with cholesterol...alway seem to change. remember back in mid 80's when they were testing yours for free everywhere? it was a new toy for the medical people. then it was NO MEAT, HI CARB, would fix it. 1990-91 i became a vegetarian. 2010......i had open heart surgery, double by pass. 4 cardiologists.......tell me the same thing...........85% OF THE CHOLESTEROL created in the body comes from CARBOHYDRATES!!!!!!! as a veggie.....carbs are my diet. since the open heart surgery....i eat chicken, fish, beef pork, have 2 eggs and 2 sausage alomst every morning. WHAT I DONT EAT IS
CARBS..no bread(small amount is ok)rice , pasta, in any large quantity. a little of any is good.......but mostly i eat PROTEIN.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duncan,

I just take over the counter fish oil. It's available online or at places like Wally World. Most of the advertising focuses on the amount of Omega 3 (not Gerber software) in the oil, so I guess it's good to compare the concentration of that. I take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening.

I've seen advertising touting the advantages of krill oil, saying it eliminates the "fish burp" problem and doesn't have mercury. I've tried krill oil but it's much more expensive. I've never experienced fish burps and every fish oil label I've seen the last few years states that it's been processed to eliminate mercury. Probably, whatever gives you the most bang for the buck will work fine.

My last blood test showed the cholesterol levels have crept back out of the ideal range, however, my doctor doesn't think there's any need to worry. They performed a calcium scoring test and my score was very low, better than 75% of people my age. Tests taken before the disc replacement surgery I had on my neck this summer showed only a very minor plaque build up in one artery.

I'm 64 and stay very active--backpacking, kayaking, riding motorcycles in the desert, playing flag football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, softball. I have 4 wiped out discs in my back and nerve problems in my right leg and foot from the sciatica but feel the best when I'm doing something. Once I quit and sit, everything locks up and the pain returns.

[ October 13, 2016, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you get well soon OP

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

YOU GOT LOVE THIS ONE))))got this letter 2 days after hospital stay. iam sure it will get fixed, but is so dumb i had to show it to all. [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP, most likely that is a screw up on a code or check box. You are right that eventually it will be fixed, but in the mean time, more wasted time and money.

David, krill oil is more expensive but I take it because it has more than just omega 3's, more antioxidants and other good omegas. I feel it's worth the extra cost.

The cholesterol debacle is really a mess. Ratio between good and bad is the real factor to be concerned about. Anyone on a statin, and most people should not be, should also be taking CoQ10. Statins wash away CoQ10 and we make less as we age anyway. It is an important enzyme. I take just because of my age. Another myth is taking aspirin for heart health. Turns out that the study that showed aspirin to be a benefit to the heart actually used buffered aspirin and it was the buffering agent (magnesium) that was actually causing the benefit. The jury is still out on whether the blood thinning properties are worth the potential risk of stomach damage from the aspirin. I recently added magnesium L-Threonate and dropped my blood pressure significantly.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

if your looking for OTC herbal additions to any regiment of this kind here are a few that most never look into and have been prescribed to me by my rhuematoligist.
1. FISH OIL
2. CO-Q-10
3.NIACIN like si suggested..
4.DHEA
5.SOD
6.CLA
not gona go ito what each is and do......but if you google them it will tell you what they can help with.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks David. Good information folks. I spoke to a physician today. She agreed fish in general is good for you. For those of us that don't eat fish on a regular basis, the fish oil supliment is a good plan.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

I got a call from my back surgeon this morning, updating me on my hoped for back operation. We've been trying for the last year and a half to get approval for surgery in my lower back. I have 4 worn out disks there and the surgeon wants to put in a Coflex implant. It's a flexible titanium insert that will allow space for the nerves but also enable me to have flexibility in my low back when they have to fuse some of the other disks.

In April, 2015, as I was on the way home from the hospital from the final pre op visit, I got a call from the surgeon that the insurance company turned down the implant and wanted me to do a full fusion instead. Fusing across four straight disks would leave me with no flexibility whatsoever and transfer all the stress to the healthy disk above. We had to settle for a laminectomy to remove a cyst that had pressed half way through the spinal cord and also try to make more space for the nerves. I only got a couple months relief for the four months rehab time.

We have a different company this year and applied again for the surgery, were turned down, appealed, and were approved today. Finally, some good news... NOT! They approved the surgery and implant as "medically necessary" but then said after the surgery, they would review it again and possibly deny payment for the implant. I would have to sign paperwork in advance agreeing to pay $6500 for the implant in case they decide afterwards not to pay for it. I'm pretty sure I know what their bean counters will decide.

My only other option is to wait until I'm 65 next summer because Medicare DOES pay for the implant, unless they change their policy between now and then. Meanwhile, I'll have to contend with another eight months of severe sciatic and low back pain, numbness in my right foot, and relying on pain medication to be able to fall asleep. Gotta love the healthcare system.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Our healthcare system is the pits. We spend more than double any country in the world but get a fraction of the results. Insurance companies have thrown out the premise that premiums from people that don't have accidents or major medical problems will offset the ones that do and have enough left over for a reasonable profit and cover office expenses. Now when you file a claim they raise YOUR rates. Example, I have had a few claims on my combined homeowners / auto insurance. We had a pipe burst in the floor joists of our upstairs bathroom. Several thousand dollar claim. We had a tree fall on our house which ended up in another couple thousand dollars. Add a couple deer running into our car. I decided to switch to a different company. I am now saving $2200 a year on homeowners and auto combined and actually have an extra $1 million dollar liability rider besides. I paid back all the claims I've made in the last 40 years within the last 4 years through ridiculously high premium increases. So if you see your insurance go up much at all, especially after a claim, it's time to look elsewhere. I stuck with my agency way too long just because they were a sign customer.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

dave..the harding one)))
i had back surgery 2013. 3 disc completely ground out, i was bone on bone. i dont know what the doctor called it but its not a fusion as such.
i am 1 piece of bone from S-1, L-5, L-4, L-3, L-2, & L-1. I CAN BEND OVER AND PUT MY PALMS ON THE FLOOR..... when iam sitting, STANDING I CAN GRAB THE TIPS OD MY SHOES WITH MY FINGERS.
the procedure they did:
did the lamectomy, each vertebra was drilled on both sides, titanium screw driven in. each vertabra was spaced as it should be. starting at S-1 a titanium wire was tied to the screw, then the wire was wrapped around each screw of the next vertabra. this was done on both sides of my spine.
the bones from the lamectomy were ground into a paste. it was stuck on the wire like bondo and i have had NO BACK PAIN SINCE!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Well Joe if that's not a spine fusion they have redefined the term.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just had my physical on Friday and everything's fine. Blood pressure 104/78. Doctor said I needed to lose some weight or get taller. Prescribed exercise. I'll check at the pharmacy to see what they have.

Birthday #72 is Thursday.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

my idea of FUSION....... for back was they take pieces of bone from you hip, and cut a groove into the vertabra....insert the hip bone piece to hold the vertabra apart. my dad was supposed to have this done but never did.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look up sciatica in the medical dictionaries they have a picture of me along with the definition.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The healthcare system in this country is embarrassing to all but the shareholders. I'm with the VA and I complain less than anybody. That says a lot.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Joe, fusion is fusion whether you use bone, rods, screws, wire, or West System Epoxy. When you make more than one moving part immovable, it is fused.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

ok dave..........mine are still moveable))) i lost no mobility. i can bend over jut lie i did before the surgery and its easier NOW,,,, without any pain. and iam with GEO P. i really HATE CIVILIAN DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS.....i had 10 surgeries for bladder cancer ALL VA HOSPITAL. they still are taking care of any follow up visits. the VA saw i was having heart problems one day, loaded me in a ambulance, taken to local hospital of my choice, was admited there, open heart surgery, week or so in the hospital.....released and never saw a bill for ant of it. same thing for my back surgery. VA wanted to send me to houston, i told them i cant travel, so they arranged with the same hospital that did my heart surgery , to do my back. never saw a bill or any backlash.
DID I SAY I LOVE THE VA????

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Should be that way for everybody. But in our local newspaper just last night was an article about the VA that isn't so good. This needs to be cleaned up. The article stated that some forms filled out by the patient, one single math mistake, one necessary line left blank, or one check box left unchecked could result in delay of treatment by 24 months. I'm happy for you Joe that you have had such wonderful success with the VA, but there are a lot of horror stories out there as well.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

DAVE........ iam gona go out on a limb here and explain the VA PROCESS. getting medical care from them IS THE PATIENTS RESPONSIBILITY!!!!
now saying this i mean it is up to the patient to receive his ASKED FOR CARE......VA dont come looking for you.
2ndly most of the DISSATISFIED COMPLAINERS are this way because they think they are ENTITLED TO DISABILITY MONIES, for things NOT INCURRED DURING THEIR SERVICE!!!!!
THES ARE THE MOST NOISY & DIS THE VA FOR NOT COMPLYING WITH THEIR DEMANDS!!!!!!
i got out of the service the 1st time jan 1969. i had a skin condition that i got while in the service. i say its from AGENT ORANGE but i never went in country. I HAD A ROOMMATE, who was there. this was before they knew what agent orange did and when he left nam he just packed all his clothes/personal items(all contaminated with AGENT ORANGE.....dumped it all in mine/his room when he unpacked. it was either that or i am highly allergic to JET FUEL, as that i been soaked in it a few times. NO MATTER THE CAUSE now.....i went to the VA SOMETIME AFTER MY DISCHARGE IN 1969. had no problems then. walked in handed them my DD214 they let me see a doctor, he prescribed a topical cream to stop me from scratching. its sort like poison ivy, it itches i scratch and then bleed. its on my shins back of my head. couple months later i get letter from the VA stating that i am SERVICE CONNECTED, ZERO DISABILITY. i have never fought it or wanted to. now the service connected puts me in special category. and am covered for life on that illness by the VA. now move to 2004 i am peeing red for about year.....finally i cant go at all now. spent a nite at local hospital $5000 and told to go see a urologist. i got no health care. so i walk in to the VA, 1st time since 1969........hand the guy at the desk my DD214.....he says, "would you like to see a doctor today?" and that was the begining of some of the best care/surgeries /doctors i have ever believed possible.my 1st meeting with the VA UROLOGIST, WE TALKED ALMOST 2 HOURS!!!!!!! within 30 days i had surgery done and ZERO COST TO ME. in fact i had to drive from here to biloxi and jackson miss and after every appointment i would to to TRAVEL PAY WINDOW, And get money for milage i traveled. when i had surgeries, i would get to hospital the night befor e sugery and they would provide motel accommodation for me and my wife......as she was driving me home after surgery. some times they would keep me overnite, she could stay in the room with me or the VA WOULD COVER ANOTHER NITES STAY.
one of most touching thinks happened to us in jackson miss. they were keeping me over nite and we were discussing what the wife was gona do that nite. there was a housecleaning lady in the room while we were talking and she said excuse me, i hear you might not have a place to stay tonite while your husband is here........mam, your welcome to stay at our home, we got a spare bedroom as the son is of to school... I CRIED.....
some one who knows nothing bout the wife or i, doing this.......these are the people who work at VA FACILITIES........did i tell you i LOVE MY VA???

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh Joe, that whole story sounds like it could be in a movie. Writers today can't write stories like yours. Plus, it has a happy ending.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

alicia, this is just one incident in the years from 2004 -2016 that i have been gettin 90% of my medical care from the VA. i am 6 years cancer free...THANK YOU VA, and every year about this time i have to have a cysto done. my urologist tells me this will happen every year ......till one of us dies)))
in VA SYSTEM here in pcola as of, i think 2008-9 they built a a brand new VA CLINIC. as opposed to the old one that was nothing more then a primary care visits and a lot of procedures were done in BILOXI or JACKSON MISS. now the do my cysto here, i had TURPS surgery(valve in the urinary tract)and it was done at the NAVY HOSPITAL, which is right next door to the new VA. and the VA will send you over there or to a civilian hosptial without question.....AS LONG AS YOURE A VET.
they also did a muscle biopsy at the navy hospital. i have a PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR, i see every 6 months, VA SETS APPOINTMENT. with the inclusive body myocitis, i see a RHUEMATOLOGIST every 3 months, and due to the drugs for that, i have blood work done every 90 days, this shows the progress/remission of the myocitis. and i see a NEUROLOGIST every 6 months for the muscle disease.
the blood work done is 12-18 viles and if it was done outside the VA...... would run over $1000.00 each time its done. i also dont worry or even give any thought to DRUG PRICES. iam given what is prescribed, it is refillable on line and delivered by mail. i also have a roll around walker, i asked someone day at the VA..... was sent to another section, was issued a brand new one that day. i said something to one of the doctors i had bought a couple shower seats......and they broke, 3 days later i got a box on my step......brand new shower seat(STURDY ONE). been asked by outside doctors to do a colonostopy, i tell them VA BEEN taking care of that with F.O.T(fecal occult test)tests once a year. i get a yearly eye examine...they do not pay for glasses that is on me. no dental, eye and dental are reserved for DISABLED 100% and medal holders.
I WILL AGREE.........THERE HAVE BEEN SOME HORROR STORIES about how some VA FACILITIES treat people, but these things also happen in civilian hospitals. how many cases of MERSA have you heard in your local hospitals? people going to local hospital NOT RECEIVING PROPER CARE.... the PROBLEM FACTOR is not the HEALTH CARE SYSTEM... its PEOPLE, working in it. i alway get angry with VETS who complain about VA.....YOUR GETTING FREE HEALTH CARE......if the VA aint doin it for ya.....SEE HOW FAR YOU GET IN A CIVILIAN HOSPITAL........if at all, anyone will listen to you.

[ October 21, 2016, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll back up what Joe is saying. The "horror stories" are usually coming from 1 disgruntled person. We have had a few at our VA on the local news. Sensationalism sells.
As far as Dave's story on filling out the paperwork, I'm not sure what that is referring to. The only paperwork my wife and I have ever filled out was when we first signed up. Every last bit of information is in the computer system, no waiting on records to be transferred.
Denise and I have been with the system for twelve years and really have no complaints. When I had my hip replacement I had a private room and great nurses, I don't know what more anyone could ask for.
Joe mentioned the nice people that work for the VA. Again, I will second what he says. 98% of the people that work fro the VA from the doctors down to the people who clean the rooms all have really great attitudes...no bitches or red asses to be found.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

So what you're saying is that government does do some things right...always wondered how America became the richest and most powerful country that has ever existed without doing more than a few things right...but of course it's popular to crap on the government...sure there are problems... but maybe we should be more grateful that we have been born in such a country as the USA...there are a lot of good things... the VA being one.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

I HAVE TO ADD.......... most of the people who talk about the BAD VA.....ARE GETTING THE INFO TOLD TO THEM......and most who post these "i was told" or "i have read" how bad the VA IS...............
HAVE NEVER SET FOOT IN THE DOOR OF A VETERANS HOSPITAL!!!!!!!
if your not a patient, and claim to support the MILITARY ..........and tout what a patriot you are....
GO TO VA HOSPITAL....stand face to face with the 23 year old boy, missing his legs or arm with half of his face burnt to scars......and tell him " thank you for your service." and then you can hear what HE TELLS YOU BOUT THE VA.
i also have to add.......for those who tell all the bad of the VA.......stop and do a google search on VA HOSPITALS AND CLINICS....to give you an idea of the size and coverage..OF THIS DEPT OF THE GOVT.
between VA HOSPITALS/CLINICS military hospitals, WHICH ALL HANDLE VETERAN HEALTH CARE........iam sure there are some bad things that happen......but most never hear of ALL THE GOOD THEY DO FOR US.

[ October 21, 2016, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

You're right Joe, I read the report about the VA forms in the newspaper. I should have known better than to trust the media. Like most of the media are claiming Hillary has already won the election, but every viable poll has them in a virtual tie. The media cannot be trusted any more. All the bad VA stories in the media during the campaigning is probably nothing but BS as well. I read that almost all the media is owned by a handful of corporations and they all have an agenda which doesn't include responsible reporting.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

way to go dave.......MY POINT WAS...... most who tell all the bad about the VA......ARE PEOPLE WHO NEVER EVER BEEN IN ONE!!!!!
that is FACT........i dont care what your take is on media. BAD SCHIT WILL ALWAYS BE MORE TALKED ABOUT.......be it VA or civilian health care.
and unless you have set foot in your local VA....and seen all of that BAD STUFF.....then you can tell me all me all about it.
i said before go to a VA hospital, get face to face with the 23 year old vet......saying THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE...... just dont get it....for what has happened to his life. and THE VA.....IS DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN.... to make his life better. I KNOW What iam saying ....been their many times...and the care i get at the VA, IS 10 TIMES BETTER THEN ANY CIVILIAN HOSPITAL....i can say this as i have been in both......more then once)))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opie!
As a licensed sign physician, I must ask...
Are you getting your daily recommended dosage of fumes & solvents?
For optimal, regulated health to all areas of the body is it imperative that you maintain balanced levels of toxicity - roller coaster toxic levels are dangerous.

To regain your equilibreum try opening all your solvents in the shop. Stand centrally located and breath deeply in & out for 3 hours.

To massage the fumes deeper into the central nervous system climbs up & down at least 3 steps of a step-ladder - repeat for 15 minutes.

For a quick toxic-reboot: dip the ends of all 8 fingers, 2 thumbs, and one toe in paint. Any colour, any toe. Wipe away excess with your favourite thinner. Let the residual paint imbed deeply in cuticals & under the nails.

Repeat these activitys 2 or 3 times a week until you feel normal.

[Big Grin]

[Roll Eyes]
But seriously - be well! I,might want to visit y'all sometime!!

But seriously -

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Don't get your panties, I mean thong in a bunch Joe. Just saying I've read about long waits at SOME VA hospitals. Sounds like yours doesn't have that problem.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

your right.....SOME VA CLINICS........ and i have heard horror stories of MANY CIVILIAN HOSPITALS.
ONE NOT FAR FROM HERE...... lady came in wanting medical help, they call the cops on her, cops put in the car and SHE DIED!!! another one near here, lady was out on the floor on the E.R. bout 30 minutes.....when somebody came to help her she was dead. like i said the scope of the VA SYSYTEM is so large, it would be like looking at 1 major hospital in each CITY...... and seeing how much wrong is done in that number of hospitals.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

you think the thong was bad for your eyes....HA.......this is me at one of our infamous Halloween parties in the 90's in sarasota.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207129851621561&set=a.1379655848333.2052050.1140018890&type=3&theater

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!