Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Much needed Website re-build

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Much needed Website re-build
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I built and maintained our site for many years. It was way overdue for a complete re-do.
Websites have become such an important part of doing business. I didn't want to commit myself to learning a new program and the many hours of creating the site.
So I decided to leave it to professionals. it still took a lot of time to work with them to get it right. The result is very functional and attractive , mobile friendly and optimized for search engines.
Although I am not able to update the site myself now, our website manager is very responsive, and updates are done quickly..
For current news and promotions, we use our Facebook page.
Http://www.comsign.ca
HTTPS://www.Facebook.com/comsigninc

[ May 01, 2016, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very clean and professional...both the sites as well as the work...very well done.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice site!

Sharp work!

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good! Website works good.
BTW - good article in SignCraft magazine about the monument sign. It really does take a long time to make those type signs. It's helpful to see other company's techniques and times. They are similar to ours. Thanks for the info.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1265 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely done. Now its time to do it as a responsive site.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good site there - tons of info.

I just need a website to start with - then I can complain about upgrading it later . . . lol

Meanwhile, I'm probably the last living person on the planet who hates 'MyFace' . . . I mean, FaceBook . . .

I've only seen it breifly on my daughters phone, but I hate all the ads, and all the clutter, and all the endless attachments/comments by people no one even remotely knows - and previously related family members who barely speak to you in person, don't share holiday cards or time with you, yet all their personal business & drama is on FB which I have no interest in whatever.

Some people seem to get downright offended bc I'm not on FB.

Also I'm constantly admonished by people on FB to put pics of my work on FB.
But I keep refusing.

When I get a website I can 'control' and create menus, etc, and recieve/reply privately, then I can post pics.

I think Sonny Franks has one of the best, simple web sites I've seen - it uses Weebly. . .

(edited due to typos commonly incurred during rants)

[ May 03, 2016, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheila... You are not the only last living person who dislikes "Facebook".

I tried it several years ago, at the insistence of friends and relatives who said it was the "best" way to keep in touch. After about a month I decided it was a total waste of my time.

It was way too invasive for my liking and it took about a month to totally remove my presence on it.

(It only took 5 minutes to join Facebook but it did take a full month to "un-join" it. That is how invasive it is)

If people want to contact me, or if I want to contact them... I have a "real" telephone, MagicJack, Skype and e-mail. Not to mention an actual home where they can visit in person. [Smile]

For a person in business these days, yes, a website is a definite asset and as you say...you control what is posted on the website.

When I was in business and back in October of '97 or '98 I had no work coming in so I decided to create my own website. Yes it was a simple site, but I learned a lot creating it and back then it was easier to optimise it for search engines and it did eventually attract business that I would never have had previously.

Currently I have a website that is geared to folks who wish to drive from USA to our area of Mexico. It needs updating and I'll get around to that this summer. Link below.

Driving to Mexico

[ May 03, 2016, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A website is pretty much a necessity. A Facebook presence in conjunction is right up there. There are other social media platforms. They are only as effective as you make them. Donna (Signmaker) is an expert at such thinks. I hope she weighs in on this.
Thanks for the comments folks.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!