Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » LICENSE to produce team logos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LICENSE to produce team logos
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the proper way to get a license to produce NFL team logos.Qualifications.requirements,royalties and, or fees to produce them.

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contact the team office...or organization. you talkin national teams??? bball. football baseball??? college sports would be handled by the college administration.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, I'm betting that you'd better be prepared to write a sizeable check also. It's hard to imagine that any of these "entities" would just 'give' anyone a license to make money off them. Wouldn't surprise me if they wouldn't require you to pay them a certain percentage of the proceeds of whatever you sell.

At any rate, good luck with your venture.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go.....
https://www.nfl.info/nflconsprod/welcome/index.html

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$100,00 per year! YIKES!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You...
Is that $100.00 per year or $100,000 per year

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the "YIKES" part must have referred to $100,000.00 (one hundred thousand).

For $100/year it would be very reasonable!!!

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only do you need to provide the financial aspect, but you need to be a business with a decent track record and the track record to prove it. This is big business, not for the "small folk".

I was intrigued by the disclaimer that any unsolicited designs become their property.

I know someone who used to paint Mickey Mouse images on plywood and sell them at craft shows. This lasted a two shows, and they received a registered letter from Disney demanding they "cease and desist" immediately. They have spies all over the place.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 590 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had a guy here.......have me make a sign with EASYRIDER text & logo, the sorta line drawing of motorcycyle. i looked everywhere for the font thats on the cover of the magazine.......it dont exist. SOOOOOOOOOOO i figured since it was ok to ask for the font name from the company, EASYRIDER as the was supposedly one of their outlets. well.........talk about getting an ass chewin and threats short of bodily harm, the calif co, had no idea this was happening here in florida, as there was no AUTHORIZED RESELLER in the state. i was to to STOP and do not proceed with this work. welllll.....i got time in this already.....so i did a projection of the font, onto the sign, finished both of em GOT PAID......never saw the signs go up anywhere))))) and then there was the time i got a call from the president of SIGN SNOW(thats what their logo says( SIGNS NOW) that i had to stop using the name of on my mobile business SIGNS HERE & NOW, That i was infringing ontheir name. they threatened law suit, i called my brother in law, who happened to be a lawyer he siad let them sue.he would be glad to take their money. i told the president this, and i never heard another word)))) [IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ February 10, 2016, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!